Where should Ellsbury bat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Where should Ellsbury bat?

DISCLAIMER: I went through and deleted every post I put in this thread but my thanks to jbay because I'm so UTTERLY SICK of the vitriol directed at Carl Crawford, and I'm equally sick of posters not completely reading what I said in the OP below, and reacting half cocked. Nowhere do I say that Ellsbury SHOULD be moved, it was only a friendly discussion, and I'm heartily sorry that I brought it up. Andrewmitch? You have got some serious issues my man, and I think you need therapy. And all you guys saying Crawford should be batting ninth but NEVER first don't seem to realize that the batting order does not end with number nine, and that one bats behind nine. In other words, he'd be batting in front of Ellsbury three or four times a game. Go figure. If you're going to pour out bile, at least be consistent about it and bat him seventh. First, Softy, I'm assuming he's going to be here next year, so stay away. Where should he bat? I still lean toward leadoff, but if he continues to show the power, would third or fourth be an option? This has some appeal against RH pitchers. Having Gonzalez behind him or vice versa could be interesting. That would free Crawford up for one or two, if he could handle it. Part of this includes the idea that Crawford will rebound, andrewmitch, and I think he will.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Where should Ellsbury bat?

the problem with CC is that he has to hit .315, steal 60 bases, score 100 runs and hit 20 home runs just to remotely MAKE UP FOR 2011's debacle. My opinion of his defense isn't far off from andymitch. He is a terrible fit for Sox now, then, 2 years ago, 2 years from now. Epstein left the franchise paying for this very sensitive, deer-in-headlights OF for a long time for a lot of cash.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts