where the hell is scutaro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

where the hell is scutaro?

why aviles for 2 games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: where the hell is scutaro?

Bad problems. I am sure the transcontinental flight back to Boston did not help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

In Response to where the hell is scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]why aviles for 2 games?
    Fancdouchebag

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Aviles was a brilliant move.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

He  and Youk   both had   stiff backs in Seattle.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You got to be kidding me.  Red Sox lose and Yankees win, and here it goes, the blames goes on everyone.

Come on, Red Sox flew from Minn to Seattle and then back to Boston.  How much wears and tears have effected the team from that trip.  Alot!!!  Tito is trying to manage the health of the team.   Boston is 9 games up over Tampa and only a half game behind the Yankees.  Really blame Kansas City for not even trying beat the Yankees!!

We all know that Boston will make into the playoff!!  I know winning the division is important, but playing two game yesterday is tough for everyone.  Do not forget that the Yankees will have two make up games against Tampa.  So meaning the month of September will be tough for the Yankees due all the  make up game.  Good thing Boston made up the game yesterday!!

Come on, relax kid!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

where the hell are my keys?

where the hell is the MVP? oh, i know; he's in NY playing centerfield.

where the hell is jd crawford? oh, i know, his soul was abducted by aliens and all the SOX have is the shell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by nickarcese[/QUOTE]

Apparently Scuters back is ailing but it would be nice to see our entire starting lineup play a few games together.  I understand injuries and trying to fit new players like Aviles into the lineup but our recent lineups are sad. 

Guys like Lowrie and McD should sit in favor of Reddick and Aviles in my opinion, nothing McD does every fifth game measures up to playing Reddick on a daily basis.  Lowrie just doesn't seem to have the confidence, or possibly skill set to play every day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Posted by nickarcese[/QUOTE]

With Marco Scutaro, Jed Lowrie and Mike Aviles all on the roster, the Red Sox would seem to have a little bit of a bounty of players who can play the shortstop position for them down the stretch here in 2011. On Tuesday, that depth really played into the team and manager Terry Francona's hands.

According to Francona, Marco Scutaro is still tending to a stiff back and will be out for his second game in a row, leaving Lowrie and Aviles as the remaining potential starters for Tuesday's doubleheader against the Rays. But with Rays lefty starter David Price set to pitch Wednesday, Francona said he would rather start the switch-hitting Lowrie, who is just more than a week removed from his 45-game-long disabled list stint due to a shoulder issue, against the southpaw in the series finale. (Lowrie is in fact hitting .373 against lefties this season compared to .204 versus righties).

That left only Aviles to get the start Tuesday.

"Marco's back is still stiff so there's that," Francona said. "We really want Jed to play against the lefty tomorrow so it'll probably be two out of three for him. So that's why we're doing it. If someone's going to play two, Mike is probably better suited to do it."

As for Scutaro's injury - the one that caused him to be scratched last Friday against the Mariners and has kept him out three of the last four games - Francona said the only thing to do is wait and give the injury time to heal. But the 1:05 start on Tuesday wouldn't allow for much of that needed time, thus the absence.

"It's an early day," said the Sox skipper. "He'll get treatment, and we'll see how he's doing later."

UPDATE: Lowrie will in fact play Tuesday after David Ortiz was scratched at the last moment with an undetermined illness. Lowrie replaces him as the DH and will hit eighth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Forget this "lefty-righty" cr*p! Reddick should be playing every day, especially when the alternative is a right-hander who's an almost automatic out hitting at a torrid .170 clip. How does that strenghten the lineup? As for Lowrie, he looks like a scared rabbit out there on defense and like a lost soul at the plate. At this point, Aviles is the better option. Wake up terry! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: where the hell is scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]You got to be kidding me.  Red Sox lose and Yankees win, and here it goes, the blames goes on everyone. Come on, Red Sox flew from Minn to Seattle and then back to Boston.  How much wears and tears have effected the team from that trip.  Alot!!!  Tito is trying to manage the health of the team.   Boston is 9 games up over Tampa and only a half game behind the Yankees.  Really blame Kansas City for not even trying beat the Yankees!! We all know that Boston will make into the playoff!!  I know winning the division is important, but playing two game yesterday is tough for everyone.  Do not forget that the Yankees will have two make up games against Tampa.  So meaning the month of September will be tough for the Yankees due all the  make up game.  Good thing Boston made up the game yesterday!! Come on, relax kid!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Gee, playing a twi-night DH is tough! These poor guys have it so bad, flying coast to coast and back again, only to leave again after two days.
    man, I'd quit my job is I had to do that.
    I wonder how Ernie, "Let's Play Two", Banks feels about that. "

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: where the hell is scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to where the hell is scutaro? : Apparently Scuters back is ailing but it would be nice to see our entire starting lineup play a few games together.  I understand injuries and trying to fit new players like Aviles into the lineup but our recent lineups are sad.  Guys like Lowrie and McD should sit in favor of Reddick and Aviles in my opinion, nothing McD does every fifth game measures up to playing Reddick on a daily basis.  Lowrie just doesn't seem to have the confidence, or possibly skill set to play every day.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

seemed when Tito started using reddick a little less he started to slip a bit..I knew he was going to come back to earth, but i think he got a bit out of rhythm with Mac playing...Red can hit lefties so I have no idea why Tito wouldnt play him consistantly...Sorry, but Dmac is a nightmare this year..DFA him and bring up another bat IMO..cant be worse..

Sections
Shortcuts