Where the #$%@! is John Henry?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Where the #$%@! is John Henry?????

Seriously.

Does this guy have ANY idea how much damage is being done to the Red Sox brand?  he needs to have a press conference TOMORROW.

He doesn't have to answer any questions about last year if he doesn't want to. 
    But he does need to start a little bit of optimism by talking about getting the right GM and Manager to right the ship.  He does need to tell fans that he is committed to proving the critics wrong.

What a clown this guy is.  He is just allowing his brand to be trashed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: Where the #$%@! is John Henry?????

He's probably getting the yacht ready for a long, long trip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

To answer you: No, he has no idea.

For God's sake, look at what the wife tweeted after the Poseidon Adventure evening ... absolutely no clue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I guess John Henry is more focused on his soccer team.  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

There is nothing anybody can give the media right now that will stop this feeding frenzy. At some point just like a hockey fight you let the parties involved just punch themselves out and go about the business of shaping your team for 2012.

Anything anybody says will either be twisted or seen as dodging what have become issues but really needs to dealt with in-house and not in the media.

And John Henry has never been and will never be the voice of the franchise. If there is an awkward moment for the RS here right now, since 2006 that really was Francona, with Epstein dancing in and back out of the light as fast as he could.

I don't what he could say at this point short of "would you all just shut up and let us get to work on addressing our issues!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

As for commitment the owners OKed spend more money on FA last year than any other team in their sport. They funded the second biggest payroll and spent more money than all but 4 teams on the draft signings even though they had fewer picks than many who spent less.

The commitment stuff doesn't float. He has never been a camera hog but this group has found ways to generate more money and has always plowed that back ino the team.

Honestly Boston became spoiled by 7 rings in 10 years in professional sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It will soon be 8 rings in 11 years because the Patriots will beat the Packers in the Super Bowl. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Maybe Ice Cream but the Pats defense could not stop a paper airplane right now. It appears to be the same regular season lighting bolt it has been the last two seasons.

In a town where 14-2 and one done in the playoffs is a failure it isn't long before Belichick is next on the fire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Where the #$%@! is John Henry?????:
    Maybe Ice Cream but the Pats defense could not stop a paper airplane right now. It appears to be the same regular season lighting bolt it has been the last two seasons. In a town where 14-2 and one done in the playoffs is a failure it isn't long before Belichick is next on the fire.
    Posted by fivekatz

Lmao. Bill being anywhere near compared to Francona is a joke.

Tito was great during his tenure here but during the latter years was really bad during certain situations in late innings in terms of decison making. Theo leaving is what causes this though to become a full fledged forest fire  because now were stuck with the trash pile he made for us here that have fat pay checks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

To answer you: No, he has no idea. For God's sake, look at what the wife tweeted after the Poseidon Adventure evening ... absolutely no clue.
    Posted by ABQDan

ABQ, what did she tweet?  I haven't heard anything about that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am glad Tito anf Theo are gone, I hope they both win another WS, I don't wish them ill. I am just ready for a real change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

As for commitment the owners OKed spend more money on FA last year than any other team in their sport. They funded the second biggest payroll and spent more money than all but 4 teams on the draft signings even though they had fewer picks than many who spent less. The commitment stuff doesn't float. He has never been a camera hog but this group has found ways to generate more money and has always plowed that back ino the team. Honestly Boston became spoiled by 7 rings in 10 years in professional sports.
    Posted by fivekatz

I agree with this, especially the fact we've been spoiled by all the recent successes.  I think what people need to be aware of is that sometimes the devil you know (Henry and his ownership group) may be better than the devil you don't know.  In other words, if Henry et al sold out, there's no guarantee the new Sox ownership would be on the same level.  We could wind up with somebody like Peter Angelos.  Can you imagine the teeth gnashing and howling that would be going on then?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

My guess is that Henry knows what is going on - as the man in charge - he can hardly be presumed innocent.  There are far too many media channels chasing these stories on the Sox for there not to be a lot of truth coming out of the so called "feeding frenzy".  Henry is not going to put himself in any kind of position to be questioned by the media about the Sox and their current situation. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Liverpool / Man. U. this weekend

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Yukon - the day of Francona's "leaving," Henry did not show up to the press conference.  His wife tweeted that he had been hurt in a minor accident on his yacht, but had been released from the hospital and made it home in time to watch the soccer game!

Fivekatz, "There is nothing anybody can give the media right now that will stop this feeding frenzy." ... love your posts, but disagree.

There will be a certain amount of "sky is falling," but you need to look at the Braves to see that you needn't make it the End of the World that the RS are.

Here's what John Henry can - and should - do.

1.  Apologize to the fans for the team's poor performance in a way that doesn't say "gee, we have no idea."  Without too much detail, emphasize that he understands why fans are so upset.

2.  Promise to improve his own personal performance.  Instead of running around like an idiot, crashing radio shows to pick bones, simply "pull a Carl Crawford" and say "I didn't get it done." 

3.  Tell fans to enjoy the playoffs.  Really?  Yes, really - remind people that the RS are part of a league, and take the opportunity to say "we will be in those playoffs next year.  Let's remember how beautiful winning baseball can be, and take a look at those who did better than us."  This shows CLASS and HUMILITY, which are very overdue.

4.  Instruct Lucchino - at the risk of firing - to quit it with the midnight confessionals to random reporters to tar and feather the departed.  End it.  Put a sock in it.

5.  Get on the jet and go visit a few key players.  Mostly listen; but also articulate a vision of competition and dedication and class.  This is called 'getting the message out.'

6.  Say nothing but good things about Theo and Terry.  Because that's what classy folks do.  Thank Francona.

... and then, as a final touch, do the following:

Ready?  DRUM ROLL ....

... Oh boy, can hardly wait ....

NUMBER SEVEN 7.
    STOP PULLING THE SMALL-TIME MONARCH / PETTY DICTATOR MOVE OF HAVING COMPETING UNDERLINGS IN ORDER TO SHORE UP YOUR OWN IMPORTANCE.

Bluntly, what the hell is Larry Lucchino doing in this organization?  Is he involved in baseball matters?  No?  Then why is he on TV and/or giving interviews?  What GM can really run a team with an emeritus GM hovering over his every move?  And that emeritus GM is - wait for it - close to the owner.

It's ridiculous, and the author of this multi-cook kitchen is John Henry.  You almost always see "people in charge" do this when they feel insecure and don't want someone else to even have the faintest appearance of power on their level.  So they create a structure where internicine squabbling is guaranteed, and adopt a role of Supreme Ruler ...

It's ridiculous.  They need a GM with authority and accountability, and a real hierarchy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

John Henry was on 98.5 The Sports Hub radio Friday afternoon:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/10/henry_did_not_s.html

Audio at the bottom.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

John Henry was on 98.5 The Sports Hub radio Friday afternoon: http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/10/henry_did_not_s.html Audio at the bottom.
    Posted by hill55

He must have seen this thread.  I didn't know I had so much influence.

he said the right things (except throwing crawford under the bus).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Where the #$%@! is John Henry????? : He must have seen this thread.  I didn't know I had so much influence. he said the right things (except throwing crawford under the bus).
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

This. I thought he drew a line in the sand and clarified (most, not all) things at least. Agree he shouldn't have thrown Crawford under the bus but maybe he said it as a challenge to CC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ghost,

About Crawford. I think he was trying to make a bigger point that Crawford wasn't signed for NESN ratings and that he left it up to baseball ops for the signings, which is a legitimate point. He did hang Crawford out to dry a bit, admitteldy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Roy,

I agree.  It always makes me nervous when owners start talking about individual players.  Of course that is the managers job and we don't have one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Theo talked about individual players all of the time. Henry's comment on CC was that we already had too many left-handed batters and he was thus an un-needed surplus. It would be like you telling your wife that six TVs in the house was enough.

Sections
Shortcuts