Where were you "experts" on this one?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Where were you "experts" on this one?

The Sox face mostly (75%) righty starters, which makes Reddick a better bet than McDonald or, for that matter, Cameron.   

I'm bragging a little, but mostly wondering why guys like moonslav and harness didn't anticipate this obvious move.

If that exercise in irrelevance makes you brag, your self esteem is lower than a "corpseman".

Guys like Schlep-Slav and Harnut don't anticipate moves, they are too busy bloviating about the great Tim Wastefield and Jason Varitick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You want an "expert" predictition?

I'll give you this one.

Regardless who takes Drew's place in the lineup , it will not affect the outcome of any games.

In other words, you could substitute a mannequin from a department store in rightfield and possibly still win games.

This guy "tweaks" hamstrings more often than Mr. Obama makes speeches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Where were you "experts" on this one?:
    [QUOTE]As always, fivekatz makes the most sense.  Better than I, he articulated why I wrote yesterday I thought Reddick would move back to the Bigs.  Now is a great time to find out if Reddick can finally hit MLB pitching because Drew is not coming back after 2011--nor is Cameron, nor is McDonald.  That leaves two outfielders--Ellsbury and Crawford--and plenty of room for bringing in new or "old" faces. Plus, of course, I always like to see new/old guys from the farm system--the spice of watching the Sox over a long season.  Too bad Navarro was on the DL because I would have liked to have seen him. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]The key for Reddick IMO will be not if he crushes the ball but if he shows he has improved his plate discipline. In his earliest visits he'd wrap some real shots around a lot of chasing pitcher's pitches.

Bad thing on almost any team for a prospect because teams know that as time progresses if selectivity doesn't improve the frequency of extra base hits decrease. Double bad on a team that values OBP and length of PAs.

He is a very promising player if he gets a command of the zone beacuse aside from everything else that command forces pitchers to throw hitters pitches and Reddick is strong enough to do a lot damage to those pitches.

Youth on a team is always good. It adds a level of enthusiasm for the game to the "whole room" IMO. It is rare when you get guys like kevin Millar who can do the same as veterans.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Boomerang is right on top of things as usual. Peter Abraham just said that McDonald is also injured (quad problem). Lowrie is getting a day off to rest. Drew will be out 2-3 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In regard to the post that mentioned him, Nava cleared waivers and is back at Pawtucket. He had to go through waivers because he was taken off the 40-man roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I'm pretty happy to see Reddick get some ML playing time and hope he does well.  That said, the quality of his offense is subject to interpretation.  Clearly, he has improved significantly in his worst area: plate discipline.  Also, he still has impressive power.  His average leaves something to be desired since you can expect it will decrease vs. MLB pitching.  Funny enough, it looks like he traded a Wily Mo Pena line for a JD Drew line ... but I digress.  

Overall, he is only 24yo, so it's certainly possible I'll be singing his praises a year or so from now (I certainly hope so).  Anyway, here is his line which you can interpret however you want:
    AB BA OBP SLG 2B HR SB/CS
    165 .248 .344 .527 8 12 4/1

On another note, do we actually have RH OF'ers in the system?  Lin looks to be at the top of the list ... who's next in line?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]I say acquire Beltran now - unload Drew in any way possible, Beltran plays rf/dh and Reddick plays rf when Beltran is dh'ing.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Beltran's knees are shot.  I'd rather marginally sacrifice the presumed upgrade in Beltran (I don't believe it) at the plate and have Drew's arm and ability in RF.

A really dumb suggestion...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you "experts" on this one? :   Really?  Eat Drew's contract and take on the giant contract of a player marginally better than him, if at all?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]beltran is much better than drew actually and is a swtch hitter meaning we dont have to keep platooning over there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

I say keep reddick up here.  Why is drew playing he is really really bad?  Drew has the production of a AAA player, the worst reddick can do is exactly what drew is doing now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-806, at 70, I might be a tad older than you. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, NOT BY MUCH" !!!Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]You want an "expert" predictition? I'll give you this one. Regardless who takes Drew's place in the lineup , it will not affect the outcome of any games. In other words, you could substitute a mannequin from a department store in rightfield and possibly still win games. This guy "tweaks" hamstrings more often than Mr. Obama makes speeches.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]   ZILLY,  "LET ME BE CLEAR".....  I HEARD THAT AF1 HAS NOT HAD AN OIL CHANGE SINCE THE "BIG O" TOOK OFFICE !!!  IMAGINE THAT !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-806, at 70, I might be a tad older than you. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

You were reading the box score in Stars & Stripes when you were eight years old. Now that's a good fan for a kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Best I could do.  No TV.  And no ball games on radio--this was still the Constabulary era in West Germany. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

When we play away inter league games I say play big Papi to RF.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Who does oil changes on jet planes anyway?

Jiffy Lube?

Sections
Shortcuts