Where were you when......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

Where were you when......

....Dave Henderson hit his 9th inning home run against Donnie Moore and the Angels in game 5 of the 1986 ALCS? 
     I was sitting on a prime bar stool in a pub in Hanover, N.H.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Where were you when......

My dad's house and we had all but given up on the Red Sox and then the HRs by Don Baylor and Dave Henderson. Magical moment for lifelong Red Sox fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Where were you when......:
    [QUOTE]My dad's house and we had all but given up on the Red Sox and then the HRs by Don Baylor and Dave Henderson. Magical moment for lifelong Red Sox fans.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]
     Don Baylor is to Dave Henderson what Bernie Carbo is to Carlton Fisk........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... :  Don Baylor is to Dave Henderson what Bernie Carbo is to Carlton Fisk........
    Posted by NHBALLFAN[/QUOTE]

True. The Carbo one was super clutch and totally unexpected. That game still makes it seem that Boston won that World Series but they obviously didn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In front of the  TV......  And you had to get up to change the channel !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We had no tv at that time, but I had a radio that picked up tv stations. I was listening on that. So I heard the tv call w/o actually seeing it. Meanwhile......Since there was no forum in 1986, I'm assuming you were drawing pictures of yourself and talking back and forth to them. Kind of like this thread? I'd say you've reached a ridiculous new low.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]We had no tv at that time, but I had a radio that picked up tv stations. I was listening on that. So I heard the tv call w/o actually seeing it. Meanwhile......Since there was no forum in 1986, I'm assuming you were drawing pictures of yourself and talking back and forth to them. Kind of like this thread? I'd say you've reached a ridiculous new low.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Can you believe this, Exam?.... Scary

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rfitch. Show rfitch's posts

At home watching it on tv.  I watched every minute of those playoffs and the painful ending.  Calvin Schiraldi, Bob Stanley and Rich Gedman owe Bill Buckner a huge debt of gratitude.  They were much more responsible for us losing the world series than Buckner.  We were robbed!!!!  Bob Stanley was one of the worst relievers in Red Sox history.  Sorry....I digress, that Sox v. Angels game was one of the best games I have seen.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : can you believe this, Exam?.... Scary
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yes it really is, and I'm not kidding. BDC really needs to do something to clean this up. He is near the edge. I firmly believe that if pike knew where people on this forum lived, he would stalk them without hesitation. I said the other night that Steve McGarrett (Jack Lord, not the new guy) was who we needed to deal with him, looks like that was more on target than I knew.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : Poor Examiner, you'll make the erroneous assumption that every single newbie to the forum is someone that you enjoy doing battle with. Talk about paranoid. If you could see IP addresses then you would how wrong you are. Dottie has IP addresses, send her an email and ask for her if my IP is different than that of the man who started this thread. You can then apologize to him. Baseball season is about to start and there will be many new posters. are you intending on calling all of them Pike?

Nice try pike, but your mind games will not work on me. Not at all. What you are is obvious, and it's just this kind of mind game you're HOPING all these monikers and threads will create. Nice but clumsy try.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : You sound 100% sure that this thread was started by me and you are 100% wrong. Can you believe that?

The sad part is you actually believe your own schtick. White coats are coming pike, thick and fast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : You sound 100% sure that this thread was started by me and you are 100% wrong. Can you believe that?

no pike I can't, but you sound 100% sure that you didnt and that's what's scary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

henderson had willie mcgee's posture after the ball went off his glove. I hated seeing Mcgee strike out. he had a sad little leaguer's seemingly bordering on tears trip back to the dugout. Sadly, the game was something Moore never got over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Do I get an apology if Dottie proves to you that I am not Kim or NHBALLFAN?

No. Prove you aren't the other 20 monikers we found while we're at it. There is absolutely no end to your lameness. It's a freak of nature. I'll tell you here what I just told you in the other thread. Gonna shut it off and watch the NCAA's. I'm DONE with your stupidity for the night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : no pike I can't, but you sound 100% sure that you didnt and that's what's scary
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : You claim to be a decent human being and try not to judge or label others and yet you claim thay I am Kim and NHBALLFAN. The burden is on you and not me. Email BDC and find out.

You tool.  You know that BDC will not give that info up.  I haven't read enough of NHBALLFAN's posts to determine whether or not it is you BUT if it were it wouldn't be the first time that you've had a conversation with yourself in a thread using multiple screenames.

As for "Kimsaysthis" everyone knows it's you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]My dad's house and we had all but given up on the Red Sox and then the HRs by Don Baylor and Dave Henderson. Magical moment for lifelong Red Sox fans.

The wonders of Google.

Tell the truth pike, you didn't even know who dave henderson was until you saw this thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : Breidy wouldn't take your troll bait on the other thread so you rushed back here to annoy here. A busy, busy troll that you are.

You're into redundant speech aren't you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... : The sad part is you actually believe your own schtick. White coats are coming pike, thick and fast.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right! The Lowell guy and the NH guy are the same person. He's talking to himself LOL.. Classic! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

OMG... pike you really must have been beaten like an ugly redheaded step-child as a kid.... I officially feel sorry for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]OMG... pike you really must have been beaten like an ugly redheaded step-child as a kid.... I officially feel sorry for you.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
      Lowelll is not me, and this is ridiculous. I began a thread about baseball and it morphed into an attack on lowelll being me. What's wrong with you people? Can you not talk baseball?
      And I shudder to think prknsdnld got banned from this forum......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Where were you when......:
    [QUOTE]  ....Dave Henderson hit his 9th inning home run against Donnie Moore and the Angels in game 5 of the 1986 ALCS?   I was sitting on a prime bar stool in a pub in Hanover, N.H.

I was sitting in my living room in Columbus, Ohio.  Very few Red Sox fans ... a lot of Reds fans and a few Indian fans.  Within a year, we were in Cape Coral, FL.  So things changed in the Sox atmosphere ...    :o)

Still, I celebrated by phone with my dad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Where were you when...... : I was sitting in my living room in Columbus, Ohio.  Very few Red Sox fans ... a lot of Reds fans and a few Indian fans.  Within a year, we were in Cape Coral, FL.  So things changed in the Sox atmosphere ...    :o) Still, I celebrated by phone with my dad.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hey, my brother just bought a house in Cape Coral.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were you when...... :  Hey, my brother just bought a house in Cape Coral.

ReallY?  I enjoyed livning there.  Pplayed raquetball 5 times a week, fished a couple times a week and golfed (if you can call what I do with a club and ball golfing) a couple times a week.  I could have gone golfing every day, had standing invites from congregation members.  I don't think ...I would have gotten too much done.

Oh, yeah, then there was Sanibal nd Captiva...niiice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Where were you when......:
    [QUOTE]  ....Dave Henderson hit his 9th inning home run against Donnie Moore and the Angels in game 5 of the 1986 ALCS?   I was sitting on a prime bar stool in a pub in Hanover, N.H.

I was sitting in the leftfield bleachers at the stadium in Anaheim.  I yelled, "Holy sh-t! Holy sh-t!" repeatedly.  

Sections
Shortcuts