Where would you hit Crawford in the lineup?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Re: Where would you hit Crawford in the lineup?

I have been saying since day 1. Ells, Crawford, Pedroia. Gonzalez, Youk. Crawford is a perfect 2 hole hitter and is comfortable there. Pedroia is also but he can hit anywhere. I know they tried this a few times but if they started with this and stuck with it cc would not have lost his confidence and Pedroia could be looking at another mvp. I say all this mess revolves around cc pressing at this point and no one knowing where they are hitting day to day. Hopefully soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Crawford?  Bat him 10th or 11th, which is exactly when Francona has him batting today. 

He's mired in a pretty bad slump, so I would bat him higher than 7th--at least, not now. 

When he starts hitting, I would move him up and down in the lineup based on whether the opposing pitcher is a righty or lefty. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Right now, he's your #9 hitter.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Where would you hit Crawford in the lineup?:
    [QUOTE]Apparently no where, our 20 MILLION dollar per year acquisition needs a rest after 12 games and two days of rain delays!!  That is ridiculous... so what happens when he goes 0/4  next game? Crawford needs a hit not a freaking rest!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but he isn't hitting and there is a lefty on the mound.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

IRT the OP, bat him 7th until he starts hitting, then 3rd.  We need Gonzo to hit cleanup and Youk to keep the pitchers honest with Gonzo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

I'd say bat him 7th also.Needs to regain confidence and not feel to has to over do...play with in himself. Relax dude... But he is a classic #2 hitter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

IN lower A,Greenville,S.C.or lowell Spinners.He is that GOOD? ? ? ? ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Crawford fits this lineup as the leadoff hitter. If he's told to stop trying to drive the ball, he will get his OBP up the higher career numbers which are adequate in the leadoff spot. Ellsbury's leadoff OBP numbers are no better, and he is an inferior overall hitter.