Where's Carp?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Where's Carp?!

Dude has been a huge surprise and asset the first few months of the season... I live in Asia but still watch most games and I swear I have not seen him take an at-bat in weeks. I haven't heard anything about him being injured. What's the deal??

Seems like we could definitely use him... es
    pecially with Gomes has the primary alternative. Sigh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Where's Carp?!

Carp played on June 27.  But he's been dealing with a hamstring issue or you would have seen him more lately, I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Carp was getting playing time when Victorino was hurt. Now that Victorino is back and Nava is ahead of him on the depth chart versus RHP, his only opportunites will come in late innings and when Farrell wants to give Napoli a rest.....he has done well this year, but that is his role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Can't get run for Money Mike.  This is the kind of problem I love the Red Sox to have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There was a Carp sighting in the second game of the Padres series; two hits and scored the tie run in the 4 th.

I think the Sox have to be looking hard at Carp to determine if he is the 1 B next season if they don't resign Nap. OR Could they keep Carp and platoon him at 1 B with someone like Jonny "Walk-Off?"

Or do they trade for Michael Young and sign him for two years, at Gomes money,  to platoon with Carp and as a back-up in the infield?

I do like Carp and I have liked him for a few years. Hard not to like  his bat and he hasn't done anything bad with the glove.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Young is an overpaid no-glove prima donna who has refused to play DH, complains publicly if not in the lineup every day,  has no power, and is on the downslope of his career.

Carp is paid the minimum, has great power, not much glove but can play left field, and apparently has a good attitude.

Carp is excellent bench depth, probable starter at first base for 2014, and I project him as Ortiz' long term replacement as DH.     Look at Carp's career & timing of development numbers, overall resemblance to Ortiz but one year later at each stage is uncanny.

Ben C, PLEASE avoid Mike Young. Ask Ron Washington about him.

Sections
Shortcuts