where's Gonzalez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

where's Gonzalez?

Hasn't had a homer since the All Star break! What's going on with him? is he hurt? Granderson has passed him in RBI, what a fld!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Re: where's Gonzalez?

In Response to where's Gonzalez?:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't had a homer since the All Star break! What's going on with him? is he hurt? Granderson has passed him in RBI, what a fld!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

he has become a singles hitter and he might be better off hitting second.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to where's Gonzalez? : he has become a singles hitter and he might be better off hitting second.
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

He does really like hitting singles huh....the new 1st base version of Wade Boggs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

dont you talk like that. he is a mvp candidate for the AL. haven't you been paying attention on this board?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Knew something was up when Tito said he has a neck injury  that might be affecting his home run stroke. this team is so secretive with injuries that I am getting tired of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Early in the season I thought he had the eye of Ted Williams. Recently he's been swinging at pitches way outside the strike zone. Hard to quibble about a guy hitting .340 plus and he's certainly not the biggest problem on the team  but after the first half of the season maybe we got our expectations too high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

it was that home run derby. see Abreu, Bobby

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]it was that home run derby. see Abreu, Bobby
    Posted by feelec[/QUOTE]

Cano is hitting well and he won the derby, I think that derby jinx is kind of silly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : Cano is hitting well and he won the derby, I think that derby jinx is kind of silly.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]
    its not a jinx. It just jacks some players swings up. Cano is pretty much a pull hitter for power I believe. Gonzales likes to go opposite field and how many balls did he hit to left in the derby?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : its not a jinx. It just jacks some players swings up. Cano is pretty much a pull hitter for power I believe. Gonzales likes to go opposite field and how many balls did he hit to left in the derby?
    Posted by feelec[/QUOTE]

How long ago was that?  The derby is essentially a batting practice on a big stage.  I'm not saying this because AGon is on the Sox, I don't think the jinx exists for many of the players that people have pointed to in the past as well....its a long season and a grind and that is what slows people down or gets them in slumps...not the HR Derby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I like how MikeyintheBronx only posts when the Yankees are in first and is nowhere to be found when the Red Sox are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It has nothing to do with the HR derby.  Gonzalez never changed his swing one bit.  A lot of players get so hyped up that their swing changes.  Gonzo didn't overswing at all.  He had a spectacular 1st half of the season, one of his best ever.  He's still going to finish the season somewhere around .330, but his power seems to be gone.

The only two players on this team who are hitting are Ells and Pedey. 

This team is in for a seriously rough road trip...somewhere around 2-6 if they're lucky. Red Sox are now the wild card team, and if Youk and Ortiz don't enter the playoffs healthy, this one's over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]I like how MikeyintheBronx only posts when the Yankees are in first and is nowhere to be found when the Red Sox are.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Untrue little guy...it just ticks you off more when that is the case. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

My question is where is everyone? all the bats suck right now!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am back to my comparison of Billy Muellar (2003 - - - less the RBI but Billy batted 8th and AG 3rd)......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]I am back to my comparison of Billy Muellar (2003 - - - less the RBI but Billy batted 8th and AG 3rd)......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

His last month has been the same as his first month, 1 HR 15 RBI, the difference being that now there's an acknowledgemnet that he's hurt, when I suggested the same thing on the first of May, I was ROASTED! Hey JIMDAVIS, it's August and Gonzo's hitting like....offerman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]Hasn't had a homer since the All Star break! What's going on with him? is he hurt? Granderson has passed him in RBI, what a fld!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

If it's the home run derby, please tell that to Robbie Cano. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Soups,
    Home run derby is a factor.  We cannot know how much but this type of drought has happened too many times before.  The list is long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez is slightly overrated. Can't believe he's not going to get thirty homeruns in that lineup/ballpark, after all the hype. He had a great first half, but his RBI numbers are partly to Ells and Petey having better seasons in front of him. Can't remember the last time he had a big hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

tell you what, tom, i'll take the "slightly overrated" Adrian Gonzalez over Tony Clark starting at 1b during 99.5 percent of his starts as a Red Sox. Guy hit two homers in his debut, then proceeded to break records for producing 0 RBI and 0 HR per week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : Untrue little guy...it just ticks you off more when that is the case. 
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

Just admit it... You know it's the truth.  It's almost laughable how obvious it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : Just admit it... You know it's the truth.  It's almost laughable how obvious it is.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Oh Mr. Simpson......speaking of laughable you should just go start another silly thread. 

You and I were posting the other day while the Sox were still in first and not in 2nd as they are now....Silly fanboy, you just like to make it up as you go along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

he's standing next to ELMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? :  His last month has been the same as his first month, 1 HR 15 RBI, the difference being that now there's an acknowledgemnet that he's hurt, when I suggested the same thing on the first of May, I was ROASTED! Hey JIMDAVIS, it's August and Gonzo's hitting like.... offerman.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

I don't know who that is but I remember the thread.  Anyways, Offerman is not accurate for Gonzo.  He's much better than that.  But remember Billy Muellar in 2003?  For April and August that is what he reminds me of.  When he was hot in June or so he reminded me more of Manny......I'll take something in the middle if it is consistent........

But when I think about that they moved Youk over and gave up the farm for Gonzo, plus broke the bank for him, expectations have to be to see him bat more like Manny than Billy......I like Gonzo I do but I said it when he got his extension - I am not comfortable giving him over 150 million......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Love Gonzo as a hitter and think he has generally done great in his first (by definition in Boston, high pressure) year with the team, but I am concern about his lack of production in big series, against better pitching, such as last TB and NY series, in which I don't think he got a single hit.

Sections
Shortcuts