where's Gonzalez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: where's Gonzalez?

In Response to where's Gonzalez?:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't had a homer since the All Star break! What's going on with him? is he hurt? Granderson has passed him in RBI, what a fld!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Are you Gaspar of the Globe?

http://boston.com/sports/video/globe10/?bctid=1116644662001

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

he can't be gaspar, if he were no one could see him.  gosts are invisible you no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to where's Gonzalez?:
    [QUOTE]Hasn't had a homer since the All Star break! What's going on with him? is he hurt? Granderson has passed him in RBI, what a fld!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Surgery on a Torn Labrum,  you can take up to a year to regain full strength in your shoulder.  You need gradually build it back up, I will bet my last dollar Adrian hits 30 to 40 HRS next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

who is Tom labrum, didn't know he was hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Gonzalez is slightly overrated. Can't believe he's not going to get thirty homeruns in that lineup/ballpark, after all the hype. He had a great first half, but his RBI numbers are partly to Ells and Petey having better seasons in front of him. Can't remember the last time he had a big hit.

I had to look twice.  I thought I wrote this tombirner post.  You hit the nail square on the head.  I previously went in this direction on this forum and was scoffed at.  Playing for SDP is quite different from playing for the RS and certainly that could account for some of the void here.  Really, can anybody say if you play in SD you play under pressure...  I still say this guy is also far from fluid on the field whether offense or defense and he looks overweight to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez?:
    [QUOTE]Gonzalez is slightly overrated. Can't believe he's not going to get thirty homeruns in that lineup/ballpark, after all the hype. He had a great first half, but his RBI numbers are partly to Ells and Petey having better seasons in front of him. Can't remember the last time he had a big hit. I had to look twice.  I thought I wrote this tombirner post.  You hit the nail square on the head.  I previously went in this direction on this forum and was scoffed at.  Playing for SDP is quite different from playing for the RS and certainly that could account for some of the void here.  Really, can anybody say if you play in SD you play under pressure...  I still say this guy is also far from fluid on the field whether offense or defense and he looks overweight to me.
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

Have you ever known someone who had Labrum surgery?  It feels good one day then bad the next until you finally regain full strength.  It takes quite some time and I don't think we can complain too much about a guy who could win the batting title.

You havn't seen Adrian at full strength yet trust me.  I think it's amazing he has done this well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He left his home run swing in Phoenix. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : That's all well and good but ebbs and flows isn't what I need from a 150 million dollar 3-hole hitter.  I need CONSISTENCY........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

So, I guess consistently hitting about .350, consistently driving in runs, and consistently playing stellar first base isn't quite consistent enough since he doesn't consistently hit homer runs?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : So, I guess consistently hitting about .350, consistently driving in runs, and consistently playing stellar first base isn't quite consistent enough since he doesn't consistently hit homer runs?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

That is your quota for today for comments in support of your team. You have come dangerously close to exceeding this quota in recent weeks. A word to the wise should be sufficient. Your next sopportive comment will result in you being quarrantined in our PollyAnna solitary cell with nothing but bread and water for three days. Try to get with the program here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Tex and A-Gon should make a swap, Tex gets some batting average points in exchange for a few homers. End result; everybody wins and both fan bases are happy! LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]Tex and A-Gon should make a swap, Tex gets some batting average points in exchange for a few homers. End result; everybody wins and both fan bases are happy! LOL.
    Posted by PhilTheAce[/QUOTE]

Nothing would ever make this fanbase happy. These guys went to the cemetery ten minutes after the WS win in 2004 and started worrying about Spring training. The same group had their WS celebration in the Mass General morgue in 2007. Their idea of a good time is to go to a meat packing plant and watch the cows get butchered. A strange group indeed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where's Gonzalez? : Nothing would ever make this fanbase happy. These guys went to the cemetery ten minutes after the WS win in 2004 and started worrying about Spring training. The same group had their WS celebration in the Mass General morgue in 2007. Their idea of a good time is to go to a meat packing plant and watch the cows get butchered. A strange group indeed.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Anyway I can see why they are concerned about A-Gon's power outage. I get frustrated with Tex about his average. Both guys are much better than about 25 other teams 1B in baseball though, that's a better way to look at it instead of dwelling on the negative.