Where's jimdavis when you need him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Where's jimdavis when you need him?

I swear to God that I've never seen as big a bunch of whining crybabies in my life as some of the alleged Sox fans on this message board. First of all, you don't win it all every season in baseball. It just doesn't happen, not even for the Yankees. Also all baseball teams have the occasional losing season. At least. Actually only the very good teams have losing seasons occasionally. For most teams it's more frequent than that. So get used to it. Third the offseason runs until training camp opens in February. Maybe your front office isn't going to be completely through wheeling and dealing by mid November. And maybe that's a good thing. GMs that are in a rush to wrap up all their business usually end up overpaying. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that Theo wrapped up Lackey and Crawford early in the offseasons they were signed. Finally if you're this unhappy with the Red Sox maybe you should do yourself a favor and just go cheer for the Yankees. There. Now I feel better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Re: Where's jimdavis when you need him?

C'est vrai!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I swear to God that I've never seen as big a bunch of whining crybabies in my life as some of the alleged Sox fans on this message board. First of all, you don't win it all every season in baseball. It just doesn't happen, not even for the Yankees. Also all baseball teams have the occasional losing season. At least. Actually only the very good teams have losing seasons occasionally. For most teams it's more frequent than that. So get used to it. Third the offseason runs until training camp opens in February. Maybe your front office isn't going to be completely through wheeling and dealing by mid November. And maybe that's a good thing. GMs that are in a rush to wrap up all their business usually end up overpaying. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that Theo wrapped up Lackey and Crawford early in the offseasons they were signed. Finally if you're this unhappy with the Red Sox maybe you should do yourself a favor and just go cheer for the Yankees. There. Now I feel better.

[/QUOTE]

No free agents were signed within 24 hours after the free agency period started.

Therefore, Ben Cherington sucks.

Those are the facts!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In response to pelosireturns's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'est vrai!

[/QUOTE] Eh non...c'est faux

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this is ben's MO....there is no need to cry, this is what he does best-NOTHING

he was the literally the last person in red sox nation who thought the team was a contender after the 2011 collapse...he kept beckett and let paps walk, traded scutaro, and thought he could turn bard into a starter...if not for Magic Johnson, we would still have that salami pitching every fifth day...how many LA Dodgers do you think there are out there? You have to trade something away to get something good - since Ben is constipated and thinks all of our prospects are awesome, you will never see a deal that isnt a salary dump of sorts....

the good news is that in 2013 hot stove, we will have a new GM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Jim Davis the ex-poster?  If thats who you are talking about, Jim is the man.  I havent seen him around these parts in a LONG time now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jim Davis the ex-poster?  If thats who you are talking about, Jim is the man.  I havent seen him around these parts in a LONG time now. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that jim davis. He'd have been calling out these crybabies a month ago. He seems to have been gone about a year. Maybe he finally got fed up with the snivelling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So this thread has nothing to do with the Garfield cartoonist?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

And carnie, my brother, it's been too long since we've seen you in the music forum. We need another poster who appreciates Hank, Fats, and sweet soul music.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

haha...you beat me to it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im right with ya carnie. Its amazing. well, not really because I think a lot of these posters are just trying to get under others skin by saying things like they do. Id like to think that people really arent that negative and unintelligent...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Carnie not to sound like a head nodder but I said the same thing in August that we are acting like a bunch of spoiled children. We're not going to win the WS every year. I guess that's what winning does. Hey Jim D are you around? It's been a while.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't remember Jim Davis for much besides chiding other posters. This is a forum for expressing one's ideas and opinions. We are all free to express ours. If 90 percent of your posts are simply criticizing other posters, you are not really contributing much.  As such , I don't really miss Jim Davis.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carnie not to sound like a head nodder but I said the same thing in August that we are acting like a bunch of spoiled children. We're not going to win the WS every year. I guess that's what winning does. Hey Jim D are you around? It's been a while.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Winning two World Series in 94  years really does tend to spoil us.  By the way , you do sound like a real head nodder.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I'll trade Jim Davis for dgalehouse any day.  Ben, can you get this deal done?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

head nodder? That sounds sexual

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll trade Jim Davis for dgalehouse any day.  Ben, can you get this deal done?  

[/QUOTE]

Be patient. Ben has a plan. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Where is Jim Davis? Last I heard he was running Conga dances at an abandoned warehouse in Charleston for local RSN fans. He and his close buddy Silversteinsox were the ultimate TF diehards. They misread a FO gesture by the RS early in 2011 as a 2MM raise when all it was was a performance bonus disguised as a raise to take effect at the end of the season. The rest is history. TF gone and no performance bonus paid.  Meanwhile, TF has landed in Cleveland with   some fanfare and is expected to turn around the Indians fortunes gradually. What'd he get?a three or four year deal? Now thats a committment. Don't be surprised to see Jim turn up on a Plain Dealer  blog site with that distinctive Avatar, rooting on TF. It's gotta happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

haha...you beat me to it...

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... ever think that the Jim Davis of this board is the Garfield cartoonist?????

It would be good to have him back. He was always one of the better posters.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Winning two World Series in 94  years really does tend to spoil us.  By the way , you do sound like a real head nodder.  

[/QUOTE]

Did you really have to wait 86 years years, Dale?

Wow, you're old!

Personally, I only had to wait 37 years.

I wouldn't trade the last decade for any of those years.

That includes the most recent ones.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're old!

[/QUOTE]

I am quite old. Is that a problem ? But it is a fact. Two championships in 94 years. The poster said we are spoiled children, crybabies and whiners. All because we are unhappy with the last place finish and the poor performance so far from our G.M.   Are we supposed to be happy with that ?  Should we pretend that all is well? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The goal of every season is to put a team on the field that can COMPETE for a championship, and fix it if it's broken BEFORE the trade deadline. These are concepts Ben seems unable to grasp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're old!

[/QUOTE]

I am quite old. Is that a problem ? But it is a fact. Two championships in 94 years. The poster said we are spoiled children, crybabies and whiners. All because we are unhappy with the last place finish and the poor performance so far from our G.M.   Are we supposed to be happy with that ?  Should we pretend that all is well? 

[/QUOTE]

Nope, but stamping your feet and demanding things be done yesterday is pointless.

I'm not happy about the last few years either.

The difference is, I'm not going to let that color my expectations of how the off season should work.

Do you think Detroit did well signing Prince fielder last year?

Or did they prove to be incompetent because it wasn't done until well into Dec?