Where's Teixeira tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Where's Teixeira tonight?

greetings BT

In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : Hey pins, I think that Tex needs to get back to driving the ball up the middle, his BA IMHO suffers from his being to pull centric at Yankee stadium (see Giambi), sometimes hitter get enamored with trying to hit the ball out of the yard and it does have an effect on thier abiltiy to handle the ball on the outer half, a pitch he routinely drove into the left-center gap hitting lefthanded. That said, I agree with the above, he's still among the best all around 1st basemans in the league but I do think in his quest to hit 40 homers he's sacrificing 25 or 30 points in BA
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine.

as always solid stuff BT

IMO  it's much like the always fun

''should the hitter give in to the shift ''  debates

sure I hope  he gets back to being more of a #3 than a #4

but with all the smoke and mirrors we been using on the mound

I can't call it a concern

it might be time to switch him and arod

Average is now a real Tex-factor

"Mark Teixeira isn't sure why his batting average has plummeted to such a miserable level.

"The weird thing is, someone told me I'm putting the ball in play more than I have in my career," he said last night. "Sometimes they just don't fall."

In the Yankees' 5-1 loss to the Rays last night, Teixeira went 0-for-2 with two walks, dropping his average to .241, his lowest since mid-April. He is perilously close to the .230s, not what's expected from a $180 million player who came into the season with a career average of .286.

From his first season in the major leagues in 2003 through his first season in pinstripes in 2009 (a year in which he hit .292), his career average was .290. But last season, Teixeira plummeted to .256. and his current .241 mark is his lowest since he was at .226 on April 19. Since June 1, he's batting .215 (26-for-121).

Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine.

He entered yesterday ranked ninth in the AL in slugging percentage, and after last night that mark stood at a strong .520, thanks primarily to his 25 homers (he's on pace for 47). And he has 65 RBIs, on pace for 122, which would tie for the second most in his career. His on-base percentage is a respectable .348, and he has drawn 46 walks, second to Nick Swisher on the team."

hey he wasn't on the braves when Glavine and  Maddux

shot that ''Chicks Dig the Long Ball''  video was he ;-)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : thanks 4 the M jim jim sure has been magnanimous lately I think it's great even if he is trying to prove that he's no babe ;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Its not that...Zak, you should know that I don't bash the Yanks...I hate them...but I don't bash them.  It just seems to me that Tex is the least of the Yanks worries and whether or not he made the All Star team.  As I said, Pedey is an All Star to me and the heart of the Sox.  Just because he was not there changes none of that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : Its not that...Zak, you should know that I don't bash the Yanks...I hate them...but I don't bash them.  It just seems to me that Tex is the least of the Yanks worries and whether or not he made the All Star team.  As I said, Pedey is an All Star to me and the heart of the Sox.  Just because he was not there changes none of that.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

yeah I know better jim

I was just having fun with the thought

that I thought it was you

who  was you explaining to babe the other day

that to have credibility

once in a while

one must give credit when credit is due

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : yeah I know better jim I was just having fun with the thought that I thought it was you who  was you explaining to babe the other day that to have credibility once in a while one must give credit when credit is due

That was me...babe can't take it.  Plus he got banned again.  He must just battle everyone because I have had some knockdown drag outs and have not been banned yet.  I'm sure it will happen at some point, though!  What usually gets him banned?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Teix        OBP        Road OPS    LD%     Pop-up%

11       .352         .822       16.8       14.2
    10       .365         .728       19.0       13.6
    09       .383         .882       19.8       9.6
    08       .410         .900       20.7       7.9  
    07       .400         .970       19.8       8.9

Spin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. Teix        OBP               Road OPS 11       .352               .822 10       .365               .728 09       .383               .882 08       .410               .900 07       .400               .970 Spin?
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

He's awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. Teix        OBP               Road OPS 11       .352               .822 10       .365               .728 09       .383               .882 08       .410               .900 07       .400               .970 Spin?
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

This excerpt had a slight spin, but the next paragraph tempered the current OBP some. However, why would you take this excerpt, and attempt to use it out of context by attaching it to a season sequence of his #s featuring ROAD OPS and OBP, when the article title WAS about a downward trend for him? Some may accuse you of cherry picking, which falls under the category of ........ well spin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]greetings BT In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. as always solid stuff BT IMO  it's much like the always fun ''should the hitter give in to the shift ''  debates sure I hope  he gets back to being more of a #3 than a #4 but with all the smoke and mirrors we been using on the mound I can't call it a concern it might be time to switch him and arod   Average is now a real Tex-factor July 8 New York Post   "Mark Teixeira isn't sure why his batting average has plummeted to such a miserable level. "The weird thing is, someone told me I'm putting the ball in play more than I have in my career," he said last night. "Sometimes they just don't fall." In the Yankees' 5-1 loss to the Rays last night, Teixeira went 0-for-2 with two walks, dropping his average to .241, his lowest since mid-April. He is perilously close to the .230s, not what's expected from a $180 million player who came into the season with a career average of .286. From his first season in the major leagues in 2003 through his first season in pinstripes in 2009 (a year in which he hit .292), his career average was .290. But last season, Teixeira plummeted to .256. and his current .241 mark is his lowest since he was at .226 on April 19. Since June 1, he's batting .215 (26-for-121). Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. He entered yesterday ranked ninth in the AL in slugging percentage, and after last night that mark stood at a strong .520, thanks primarily to his 25 homers (he's on pace for 47). And he has 65 RBIs, on pace for 122, which would tie for the second most in his career. His on-base percentage is a respectable .348, and he has drawn 46 walks, second to Nick Swisher on the team."   www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/average_is_now_real_tex_factor_3IMwI48hCTgL24ZJYVnlYO " target="_blank" /> hey he wasn't on the braves when Glavine and  Maddux shot that ''Chicks Dig the Long Ball''  video was he ;-)

Reminds me of some of the times I have read fans of an unnamed team take shots at Yaz for those "off" years, like the '69 and '71 seasons where he hit .255 and .254, as markers of how he really wasn't all that great of a player. 

I'm not displeased, as a rival, that Tex is off on his BA, but that doesn't mean he's not dangerous each time at bat.  It would be silly to think otherwise.

This is kind of the reverse of Dave Kingman ... who often had firepower but low BAs and occasionally had decent BAs to go with his power.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

Tex couldn't make it last night, he was busy practicing his "O-Face" in the mirror & marvelling at the fact that he can jam quarters in those gaping nostrils sideways.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. Teix        OBP          Road OPS     LD%      Pop-up% 11       .352         .822       16.8       14.2 10       .365         .728       19.0       13.6 09       .383         .882       19.8       9.6 08       .410         .900       20.7       7.9   07       .400         .970       19.8       8.9 Spin?
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

spin as in HR & RBI mean squat

but you knew that's what I meant

IMO that's really what matters most

from the middle of the line up

the rest is just gravy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Teixeira tonight? : Reminds me of some of the times I have read fans of an unnamed team take shots at Yaz for those "off" years, like the '69 and '71 seasons where he hit .255 and .254, as markers of how he really wasn't all that great of a player.  I'm not displeased, as a rival, that Tex is off on his BA, but that doesn't mean he's not dangerous each time at bat.  It would be silly to think otherwise. This is kind of the reverse of Dave Kingman ... who often had firepower but low BAs and occasionally had decent BAs to go with his power.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

interesting way of looking at it yaz

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Oh wait that's right, he didn't make the All Star team.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This perennial sad sack says Jeter and A Rod get votes because it's not based on talent. Tex doesn't get enough votes because it's based on talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

spin as in HR & RBI mean squat but you knew that's what I meant IMO that's really what matters most  from the middle of the line up the rest is just gravy

2011          AB         RBI      SLG
    Teix           324       65        .519
    Lind           260       52       .515
    Morse         271      49       .535
    Howard      339       72       .475

I suspect you don't really think the RBI is an important stat but it suits your role as defender of all things Yankee, to use it.  On a rate basis the RBI has more relevance but as we know clutch hitting has been shown not to be a repeatable skill.   Put Lind or Morse in Philly or the Bronx and play them every inning and how many more RBI would they have? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]spin as in HR & RBI mean squat but you knew that's what I meant IMO that's really what matters most  from the middle of the line up the rest is just gravy Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE] 2011          AB         RBI      SLG Teix           324       65        .519 Lind           260       52       .515 Morse         271      49       .535 Howard      339       72       .475 I suspect you don't really think the RBI is an important stat but it suits your role as defender of all things Yankee, to use it.  On a rate basis the RBI has more relevance but as we know clutch hitting has been shown not to be a repeatable skill.   Put Lind or Morse in Philly or the Bronx and play them every inning and how many more RBI would they have? 
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Put them in Boston and how many would they have?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Tex couldn't make it last night, he was busy practicing his "O-Face" in the mirror & marvelling at the fact that he can jam quarters in those gaping nostrils sideways.  
    Posted by aquachuck[/QUOTE]

LOL...Tex does make that face, it is similar to the one that Pedey keeps making. Funny stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts