Where's the poster who wanted to trade Napoli?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Where's the poster who wanted to trade Napoli?

In response to devildavid's comment:

A one game sample size says nothing definitive about Mike Napoli or any other player. Glad he came through when he did. Wish he had come through more often so far this season.  

It's not just about a one-game sample size though.  Napoli was brought here to drive in runs, and he's in the top ten in the league in RBI, so it's pretty ridiculous to be talking about trading a guy who's been doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Man hill you and your stats...... who cares what fangraphs thinks why not say what you think?Can you think?

What do I think?

"With the performance bonuses Napoli is no great bargain with a 2013 earnings approaching $12 million or $13 million," as I wrote in response to GoUconn13's contention that "Napoli's contract is one of the best bargin contract in MLB."

I then provided numbers relevent to my opinion. I made it simple enough for most readers, but I regret that I apparently lost you.

I'll leave the baseless opinions to you.Wink

Also you leave the critical thinking to others too. Fangraphs made JD Drew look like a bargin. You hate traditional stats but ignore new stats clear and extremely evident flaws. You know there is no prize for being the smartest person on this forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Man hill you and your stats...... who cares what fangraphs thinks why not say what you think?Can you think?

What do I think?

"With the performance bonuses Napoli is no great bargain with a 2013 earnings approaching $12 million or $13 million," as I wrote in response to GoUconn13's contention that "Napoli's contract is one of the best bargin contract in MLB."

I then provided numbers relevent to my opinion. I made it simple enough for most readers, but I regret that I apparently lost you.

Also you leave the critical thinking to others too. Fangraphs made JD Drew look like a bargin. You hate traditional stats but ignore new stats clear and extremely evident flaws. You know there is no prize for being the smartest person on this forum?

To be precise, FanGraphs' WAR conversion valued J.D. Drew at $53.8 million under his five-year contract of $70 million with the Red Sox:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1152&position=OF#value

All stats have flaws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

A one game sample size says nothing definitive about Mike Napoli or any other player. Glad he came through when he did. Wish he had come through more often so far this season.  

It's not just about a one-game sample size though.  Napoli was brought here to drive in runs, and he's in the top ten in the league in RBI, so it's pretty ridiculous to be talking about trading a guy who's been doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

You have hit the nail directly on the head.

Mr. soxnut has a greater understanding that some of you are lacking.

Napoli was not brought here to be MVP. Not brought here to win a gold glove. He was brought here to hit in the middle of the lineup and provide some pop. I did not like the idea at first ( no pun intended) , but I warmed up to Napoli as he is a positive guy , appears to be a popular teammate ( along with Jonny Gomes). Neither Gomes nor Napoli are long term fixes. But, they are not good trade bait....because what you would get in return would certainly be less than what you lose. No small market team is trading prospects for Napoli. No playoff contender is adding him buy subtracting someone better. So what does this leave you? Salary dump?.....ridiculous John Henry can easily afford Napoli , his contarct is incentive laden....if he reaches the goals, so much the better, if not he's cheap.

This is not rocket science and Hill and HF understand perfectly , why people like bosoxmal use a knee jerk reaction to bad mouth a player when he goes through a slump is beyond me.

Did you think the Sox were getting Carl Yastrzemski or Manny Ramirez for that price?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I thought it odd to want to trade him when we have no good replacement but at the same time to start a counter-thread after one excellent game is about as dumb.

Alleged positive posters are as annoying as basher posters.

Where was the "keep Napoli" thread a day ago?

Exactly. They day to day hysteria around here is amazing.  Napoli is the same guy this year as he has been his whole career. Like him or hate him you don't need to wait until he is in a slump or had a good game to talk about him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

What do I think?

To be precise, FanGraphs' WAR conversion valued J.D. Drew at $53.8 million under his five-year contract of $70 million with the Red Sox:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1152&position=OF#value

All stats have flaws.

Why don't you post season by season WAR of Drew? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Total RBI is not enough to evaluate a player's value.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I didn't want to trade him this year, but have to admit I like that he is on a one year contract. 

That's about right.  He's had a good year, and the 'Trade Napoli' was populated by the same foolish types that seem to populate every 'Trade xxx' threads.  Having said that, I am not displeased it is a one-year contract.

And the OP forgot to mention ADG (as always) and Jader (as is often) were in there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What do I think?

Good counter Sir.

Yeah, I thought he returned serve pretty well on that one.  'I regret that I lost you'

And I am pleased you took it in good form.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Total RBI is not enough to evaluate a player's value.

Yeah, but what specifically don't you like?  Over 600 ABs, he'd project to about 90 runs, 43 2Bs, 24 HRs, 112 RBIs, and a .258.  I'm not sure what you're looking for, but that seems okay.

Sections
Shortcuts