WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?

methinks papelbon, pedy, papi, ellsbury, youk, gonzo, lester +beckett could all someday be in cooperstown. in order, i would say the trajectory is gonzo, pap, pedy, ells, lester, papi (steroids and dh will hurt), and becks. BARD, REDDICK, and tek could have very much outside shots someday. bard actually is the one i have the most confidence in. he could be an all-timer someday as both a starter or closer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: WHICH SOX COULD BE HOF BOUND?

I agree that Adrian has the potential.  As much as I like many on the list, maybe Ortiz has the best shot due to his DH position.  I wouldn't bet on any though.  Hopefully that doesn't make me a 'bad' fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?

Bard is 100 saves behind thanks to Papelbon being the incumbent.

I would guess Papi if they change their look on DH. If he finish 400+ HR he might eventually make it on his 10th+ ballot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'd vote Reddick and Bard in today; why wait, what more do they have to prove?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?:
    [QUOTE]I'd vote Reddick and Bard in today; why wait, what more do they have to prove?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

don't be ridiculous

you can't vote them in and not Andrew Miller
    ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

WOW ... sooooooo you make these terrible threads in every forum huh? So Brady is no better than Lou , James will be better than Jordan and Bard to the HOF. Nice to see your on your meds , out of detox and not jumping to conclusion's C.C.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It's too early to project for any of these players. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say Ortiz and Pedroia have the best chance. People won't forget Ortiz's playoff heroics in '04 and he may go down as the best DH in the history of baseball, which should certainly count for something. Pedroia looks like he'll have a Bobby Doerr-type career, maybe better in some ways. For Pedroia, it'll be about staying healthy and productive for the rest of the decade.

Gonzalez won't make it because he didn't start putting up big numbers until 3-4 years ago and he's already 29. His prime will be too short.

Youkilis moved around the infield too much and his numbers are a cut below HOF-status anyway. He won't reach any significant milestones, and will enter a downturn in a year or two.

Papelbon could amass a high career saves total if he continues to close for awhile. Relief pitching is so volatile, though, I can't render a prediction until he approaches the Rivera/Hoffman benchmark, which may never occur. Most closers don't last long enough to get there.

Ellsbury and Crawford are very good talents, but like Youkilis, they're a cut or two below HOF-level production.

Beckett has been too inconsistent and will fall short of reaching any major pitching milestones. Ditto Buchholz.

Lester has an outside shot, given his age and propensity for strong win totals. Could he get to 300 wins? No. 250? Probably not. 220? Maybe. For a lefthander, that might be sufficient if he keeps his ERA below 3.50, makes a bunch of All-Star teams, wins another championship or two, and claims at least one Cy Young Award. I wouldn't bet on any of those things happening.

Miller is no Randy Johnson. Sorry scouts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?:
    [QUOTE]methinks papelbon, pedy, papi, ellsbury, youk, gonzo, lester +beckett could all someday be in cooperstown. in order, i would say the trajectory is gonzo, pap, pedy, ells, lester, papi (steroids and dh will hurt), and becks. BARD, REDDICK, and tek could have very much outside shots someday. bard actually is the one i have the most confidence in. he could be an all-timer someday as both a starter or closer. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You have nearly half the team going to Cooperstown, get real.  Hodwever, I applaud you for acknowledging Papi's steroid use.  Maybe Agon but this is a breakout year for him atleast when batting average is concerned he would have to do this more than once. Ellsbury???? Also, do it more than once.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I saw an older gentleman in Bangkok today with a RS hat and a Tek uniform shirt on.... I wanted to heckle him but just couldn't find the strength.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : don't be ridiculous you can't vote them in and not Andrew Miller ;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

i hope you aren't comparing BARD to MILLER.
    one is a very good pitcher, the other is a failed experiment.
    hope you can figure which is which.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A SLOW DAY ON BOSTON.COM ????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]   A SLOW DAY ON BOSTON.COM ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

no; just slow-witted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBabe-----------------. Show TheBabe-----------------'s posts

I would say the only one I think with a shot is lester.

No way big sloppy gets in. Being a DH makes it hard enough to get in, being a DH on PED's will probably make it impossible to get in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I would say the only one I think with a shot is lester. No way big sloppy gets in. Being a DH makes it hard enough to get in, being a DH on PED's will probably make it impossible to get in.
    Posted by TheBabe-----------------[/QUOTE]

I know who shall get into the BANNING HOF; a unique club, to be sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND?:
    [QUOTE]methinks papelbon, pedy, papi, ellsbury, youk, gonzo, lester +beckett could all someday be in cooperstown. in order, i would say the trajectory is gonzo, pap, pedy, ells, lester, papi (steroids and dh will hurt), and becks. BARD, REDDICK, and tek could have very much outside shots someday. bard actually is the one i have the most confidence in. he could be an all-timer someday as both a starter or closer. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Your poll forgot Tito.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Pedroia compares favorably to Roberto Alomar so far.  He also has an MVP and ROY to his resume, and looks like a good bet for a GG this year.  He has to keep it going for many more years, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia compares favorably to Roberto Alomar so far.  He also has an MVP and ROY to his resume, and looks like a good bet for a GG this year.  He has to keep it going for many more years, though.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have Alomar's otherworldy range or speed, but appears to be a better hitter; and a gamer, always big in my book.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : He doesn't have Alomar's otherworldy range or speed, but appears to be a better hitter; and a gamer, always big in my book.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Plus, he's unlikely to ever spit at an umpire :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]I would say the only one I think with a shot is lester. No way big sloppy gets in. Being a DH makes it hard enough to get in, being a DH on PED's will probably make it impossible to get in.
    Posted by TheBabe-----------------[/QUOTE]

no way a punk gets in.
    especially a punk on PEDS.
    SORRY A-ROID.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : Plus, he's unlikely to ever spit at an umpire :)
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

True; but everyone has moved on from that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : Your poll forgot Tito.

rightfully so; however, as slim a chance as tito has of getting in, tito still has a better chance than 'boy genius.'

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : no way a punk gets in. especially a punk on PEDS. SORRY A-ROID.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Sorry yazzer (or whoever you are), but that remains to be seen. However, I wouldn't vote for him; not that he cares what I think.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : Sorry yazzer (or whoever you are), but that remains to be seen. However, I wouldn't vote for him; not that he cares what I think.

'whoever you are.'

isn't that the point of monikers, mr nhsteven(or whoever you are)?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHICH CURRENT SOX COULD EVENTUALLY BE HOF BOUND? : Your poll forgot Tito.
    great point. should have said, apart from gonzo and tito.. tito is a lock right now to be a HOF'r! well-liked, well-respected with the record, percentage and track record. dont bother me about the philly stuff, for torre wasnt a managing legend until he went to NY either. nor was the great belichick ti he ran into mr. kraft and a 6th round qb from michigan now nicknamed by some "tommy gisele".

Sections
Shortcuts