Which format do you prefer : 2-3-2 or 2-2-1-1-1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: Which format do you prefer : 2-3-2 or 2-2-1-1-1?

22111 by a landslide.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Again, I say 2-2-1-1-1 is the proper format.  The regular season game schedule should be shortened regardless of what format is used.  As it is now, playing baseball in northern climate outside stadiums is ridiculous and only serves to feed the coffers of the greedy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I would go with:

Home Team - 2 games

Away Team - 2 games

Home Team - 3 games

this is a true home field advantage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Although if MLB would adopt the 2-2-1-1-1 throughout the playoffs, we could all finally stop complaining about the lack of post-season baseball during the Christmas holidays...

Notin, 

You're a serious Party Poooper. I'd love to see the 7th game of the World Series on Christmas Day. We could start the ALCS on Thanksgiving Day and run the playoffs right through the Holiday Season. I'd love to see Papi running the bases with a tummy full of stuffing. NOT REALLY !!

Cheers, 

Hetchless

Reminds me of the comments by the Rockies owner after the 2007 series that Colorado was really the better team, and had they gotten to play 10 games or whatever against the Red Sox they would have won. I always felt the series should have been best of 11, or best of 15 (how about a 2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 format?) in order to give the true best team more of a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Although if MLB would adopt the 2-2-1-1-1 throughout the playoffs, we could all finally stop complaining about the lack of post-season baseball during the Christmas holidays...

Notin, 

You're a serious Party Poooper. I'd love to see the 7th game of the World Series on Christmas Day. We could start the ALCS on Thanksgiving Day and run the playoffs right through the Holiday Season. I'd love to see Papi running the bases with a tummy full of stuffing. NOT REALLY !!

Cheers, 

Hetchless

Reminds me of the comments by the Rockies owner after the 2007 series that Colorado was really the better team, and had they gotten to play 10 games or whatever against the Red Sox they would have won. I always felt the series should have been best of 11, or best of 15 (how about a 2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 format?) in order to give the true best team more of a chance.

Best of 9 would be sample...9 games is a lot and having to win 5 would reduce a lot of the potential randomness

3 - Home Team

3 - Away Team

3 - Home Team

Problem is determining who is the Home or Away Team - the AS game is not fair.  You'd have to go to a balanced schedule against both leagues and go by Winning %.....

Sections
Shortcuts