1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series?

Today's ballplayers no longer are motivated out of fear or other military tactics or phony inspiration. In fact, the manager isn't as important as many believe. Casey Stengel could have slept in the dugout and his Yankee teams would still have won the World Series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series?

In Response to Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series?:
    [QUOTE]Today's ballplayers no longer are motivated out of fear or other military tactics or phony inspiration. In fact, the manager isn't as important as many believe. Casey Stengel could have slept in the dugout and his Yankee teams would still have won the World Series.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

Disagree; I saw tapes of the '52 Series; in that one, down 3-2, Stengel completely outmanaged Dressen (who had the better team on paper, both in '52 & '53) in Games 6 & 7, his 4th as part of 5 consecutive titles

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series? : Disagree; I saw tapes of the '52 Series; in that one, down 3-2, Stengel completely outmanaged Dressen (who had the better team on paper, both in '52 & '53) in Games 6 & 7, his 4th as part of 5 consecutive titles
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

60 years ago isn't TODAY, troll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is BV's quote: "Guys, I always wanted Morales in the rotation, but I couldn't find a way to leave him in. And I love the way Ciriaco has kick-started us, but I have to let my guy Aviles stay at SS. I know you think I put too much faith in Kalish, Nava but my RF/LF defense is more important than our lineups. Yeah, I say dumb things, but Youks and Middlebrooks know I was kind of joking when I said that stuff. Sure I over-manage, but I'm here to tell you that if you can just forget everything I say and do and just go out there and play the game, then you can do great things. And I'm not asking you to win the pennant. All I'm asking you to do is don't finish under .500. Is that too much to ask? Is it?"

The players: "Let's do it!!!!" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

"Don't blame me. I just work here."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"This is a simple game. You throw the ball. You catch the ball. You hit the ball. YOU GOT IT?!?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

"(baseball) is hard, it's even harder if your stupid"
    "stupid is as stupid does"
    "it's too bad stupidity isn't painful"
    "stupidity has a knack of getting its way"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

"You can get a lot of beer with the world series money."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Somebody will post this, might as well be me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

"Bluto's right.  Psychotic but right."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody will post this, might as well be me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE "Bluto's right.  Psychotic but right."
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]
    Awesome! It just might work, send the tape to Bobby.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]This is BV's quote: "Guys, I always wanted Morales in the rotation, but I couldn't find a way to leave him in. And I love the way Ciriaco has kick-started us, but I have to let my guy Aviles stay at SS. I know you think I put too much faith in Kalish, Nava but my RF/LF defense is more important than our lineups. Yeah, I say dumb things, but Youks and Middlebrooks know I was kind of joking when I said that stuff. Sure I over-manage, but I'm here to tell you that if you can just forget everything I say and do and just go out there and play the game, then you can do great things. And I'm not asking you to win the pennant. All I'm asking you to do is don't finish under .500. Is that too much to ask? Is it?" The players: "Let's do it!!!!" 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Right, because Ciriaco, Kalish, Nava and Morales are the reason the team is where they are.  Great analysis.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

"Let's zitz 'em and go pound some beers."

Joe Schultz

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Over?  Did you say Over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He11, no. And it ain't over now."  'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What the f**k happened to the Red Sox I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bobby, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my *ss from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer... "

Bluto

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You guys are morons.  the germans didnt bomb pearl harbor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are morons.  the germans didnt bomb pearl harbor.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Forget it. They're on a roll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the revolution will not be televised!

now move your azzes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are morons.  the germans didnt bomb pearl harbor.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Wink

I know you are kidding, but I caught a lot of grief the last time I used it. There are always a few who don't get it.

fizsh was smart posting the video.

"Can't anybody here play this game?" - Casey Stengel

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Bobby Valentine will say"Did you know that I invented the "wrap sandwich" at my Stamford Sports Bar." "Free wraps on me all winter for all of you if we make it to the playoffs."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series? : I know you are kidding, but I caught a lot of grief the last time I used it. There are always a few who don't get it. fizsh was smart posting the video. "Can't anybody here play this game?" - Casey Stengel
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

That's why I did it Mike (cause I remembered the grief you took, not because I am smart).  Plus, the whole speach is important in this case I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody will post this, might as well be me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE "Bluto's right.  Psychotic but right."
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]
    "What this situation absolutely requires is a stupid and futile gesture be done on somebody's part."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Smoke 'im inside and let's go pound some Budweiser !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

I quit .... Followed by a statement from Darth Lucchino:  "Me too".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which inspirational quote should Bobby V use to get this team to the playoffs and finally to the World Series? : "What this situation absolutely requires is a stupid and futile gesture be done on somebody's part."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

"And we're just the guys to do it."

Sections
Shortcuts