which is better. A good bat, bad glove like Iglesias or Drew who can field but can't hit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

which is better. A good bat, bad glove like Iglesias or Drew who can field but can't hit?

Baseball is a funny game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: which is better. A good bat, bad glove like Iglesias or Drew who can field but can't hit?

Good question.  Iggy hit .357 in the ALCS but he had those 2 horrible and costly errors.  I think I'd rather have Drew.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: which is better. A good bat, bad glove like Iglesias or Drew who can field but can't hit?

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Good question.  Iggy hit .357 in the ALCS but he had those 2 horrible and costly errors.  I think I'd rather have Drew.

If only we had a guy that could hit like Iggy and field like Drew.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The Sox will come to "rue the day that they traded IGGY" !!!!

It's their own fault for insisting on relying on Buchholtz to give them starts.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

you all still on this???  I have a feeling this will still be a topic when he is hitting .214 come trade deadline next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

If only we had a guy that could hit like Iggy and field like Drew.

also, Iggy fields just fine. I doubt there are too many tiger fans blaming Iggy.  I bet there are more complaining about the big bats who were silent.

No he doesn't.  Iggy is a big bat, bad glove profile. Just like Drew can't hit.

Don't forget we are all about what happened over the last week around here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I am just messing with heads, I didnt expect to be taken seriously.

No wonder softy has so much fun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do find it funny that all the posters who wanted Drew to start over Iggy based on valuing the plus offensive disparity more than the minus defensive disparity are now taking the side that defense is most important and that poor hitting is acceptable as long as you are fielding well from the SS position.

softy, the clown, has stated for years that the SS glove matters more than the bat, and yet he is leading the call for Drew to be benched based on poor hitting for a couple of weeks.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I do find it funny that all the posters who wanted Drew to start over Iggy based on valuing the plus offensive disparity more than the minus defensive disparity are now taking the side that defense is most important and that poor hitting is acceptable as long as you are fielding well from the SS position.

softy, the clown, has stated for years that the SS glove matters more than the bat, and yet he is leading the call for Drew to be benched based on poor hitting for a couple of weeks.

Softy sure is a ZERO baseball IQ wrong about everything moron:-)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to drewpinchhitforagainstrhp's comment:

southpaw must not come here anymore, he loved Drew over Iggy based on the amazing offensive upgrade over Iggy. 

Iggy 6/26 in the play-offs.

...He's waiting for Drew to get that one big hit ...

Kinda like how you jumped on Middy's one hit to justifty your position that the Sox could never make it to the playoffs without a big season from Middy?

Got it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Amusing how in the mind of the hateful and mentally ill one, Ellsbury didn't deserve to start over 5-34 in the postseason up to that point Coco Crisp back in '07, when Coco was looking just as bad at the plate as Drew.

Unlike Drew, who was red hot at the plate in Sept (.859 OPS), Coco hit a very mundane .699 OPS in September. 

Meanwhile Ells the rookie came in and tore it up at 9-24 with 4 doubles. But Ells was 24 when the '07 playoffs started, not 20 like Xander, and he made 24 starts in Sept with a .927 OPS, not 8 with a .684 OPS like Xander.

Oh and of course Drew is FAR superior a defensive SS and steading up the middle veteran than Xander, while Ells was only 3 years younger than Coco and an equally talented CFer.

Clearly the goalposts get moved around by the hateful racist one. A vet struggles in '07 WS run? How DARE they insert the guy who 'looks better in an Indians hat but is no Jim Thorpe'. A vet struggles in this run? Well just b/c it is a player he railed on and spewed his hatred at the entire year the team needs to insert a 21 year old rookie. And the ENTIRE argument goes against his 'defense first at SS; philosophy he shoved down out throats.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

The clown being a clown as usual, what a moron

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Amusing how in the mind of the hateful and mentally ill one, Ellsbury didn't deserve to start over 5-34 in the postseason up to that point Coco Crisp back in '07, when Coco was looking just as bad at the plate as Drew.

Unlike Drew, who was red hot at the plate in Sept (.859 OPS), Coco hit a very mundane .699 OPS in September. 

Meanwhile Ells the rookie came in and tore it up at 9-24 with 4 doubles. But Ells was 24 when the '07 playoffs started, not 20 like Xander, and he made 24 starts in Sept with a .927 OPS, not 8 with a .684 OPS like Xander.

Oh and of course Drew is FAR superior a defensive SS and steading up the middle veteran than Xander, while Ells was only 3 years younger than Coco and an equally talented CFer.

Clearly the goalposts get moved around by the hateful racist one. A vet struggles in '07 WS run? How DARE they insert the guy who 'looks better in an Indians hat but is no Jim Thorpe'. A vet struggles in this run? Well just b/c it is a player he railed on and spewed his hatred at the entire year the team needs to insert a 21 year old rookie. And the ENTIRE argument goes against his 'defense first at SS; philosophy he shoved down out throats.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

The clown being a clown as usual, what a moron

If it's all about playoff offense like it seems to be with Drew, why does softy switch criterea when judging Ellsbury?

He has a career .945 OPS in the World Series.

He went a combined 16 for 40 in the ALDS and ALCS this year.

BA    .400

OBP  .467  (21/45)

SLG  .475

OPS .942

SB  6

CS  1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

At 4 for 42, Drew is hitting like a pitcher.  So, consider the next three games are in an NL park.  The Sox lineup is down to 7 guys who can hit.  

Tough choice - trade defense for someone who has a better chance of getting on base?  I have no answer.  Drew could break out of his slump tomorrow and Xander could bumble a ball, costing a game.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Tomorrow night Drew breaks out of his slump BIG time. And if he doesn't, I'm pesonally going to yell at my wife.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I am just messing with heads, I didnt expect to be taken seriously.

No wonder softy has so much fun. 

I was right there with ya...and I knew a few people wouldn't get it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Tough choice - trade defense for someone who has a better chance of getting on base?  I have no answer.  Drew could break out of his slump tomorrow and Xander could bumble a ball, costing a game.  

Your honesty is refreshing.

Sections
Shortcuts