1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Which is the worst Ben Cherry GM move?

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not firing BV for leaving Lester in en route to 11ER in 4 innings..

[/QUOTE]

That game was disgusting. I was at Citi Field watching the Mets blow a game to the Dodgers and the person I was with looked at the out of town scoreboard and was like "That can't be right it says Lester is still in the game and gave up 8 runs" I though it was odd and watch on my phone as Lester gave up 3 more beforing be pulled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He referred to Crawford as "a great player" before, during and after, because he was the architect and chief flunkie bean counter on the deal. The guy is incompetent, and one need look no further than 39 million for Shane and 26.5 million for Dumpster.

[/QUOTE]

He refered to Crawford because Crawford was a player for the Red Sox and unlike Bobby V did see the value of throwing him under the bus. What would you want him to say he stinks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you think pedroia was right to lecture the new manager how things are done in boston after his part in 2011, you deserve the chaos we got in 2012

pedroia should have been benched a few games to be taught a lesson..end of story

[/QUOTE]

As it is, Pedroia is here and BV is gone.  End of story and good riddence!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

He referred to Crawford as "a great player" before, during and after, because he was the architect and chief flunkie bean counter on the deal. The guy is incompetent, and one need look no further than 39 million for Shane and 26.5 million for Dumpster.

[/QUOTE]

At least he never called him "value fit" or used a hybridized nonsensical conglomeration of buzzwords like "career median averages"..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

who is Crawbust?

A guy Theo signed.

softy gave LL all the credit for the good moves, blamed Theo for all the bad ones, including "Crawbust", and now, magically, the blame is transfered to Ben.

Cherry called Crawford "a great player", before the "deal of the century". Cherry doesn't get excused from the InEpstein administration.

Schilling was LL, and so was Beckett and Lowell. The stupid extensions were InEpstein.

Moonshemp defends managment and it's nearly billion dollars of labor costs for zero playoff wins. Bad luck and injuries and "we need a good #1 or #2 but I change it every season and it was Santana and later became Lackey" are his canned excuse, every season.

[/QUOTE]

Stating the facts is not defending management.

It's like you interchanging blaming the President or Congress depending on what suits your fancy. If it's a Repub Prez, he gets the credit. If it's a Repub Congress, they get the credit... blah blah blah...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually if you read this article it is pretty clear Epstien worked very hard to land Schilling: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1673350

FACTS don't matter to clowns.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cherry traded Crawbust.

Softy wanted us to keep him one more year at $20M, guessing he'd return to his "median average", we'd miss the playoffs again, and we'd get more by waiting.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

can i be the first mate carn?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

can i be the first mate carn?

[/QUOTE]

As long as I'm the bosun.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hiring Bobby V. w/out question. Making Bard a starter after the team had already been down that road of failure is a close 2nd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

At least he never called him "value fit" or used a hybridized nonsensical conglomeration of buzzwords like "career median averages"..

No, he uses buzzwords like "sunk cost" and "market value" and is part of an incompetent management that has spent nearly a billion dollars in labor costs and has zero playoff wins.

Notin, popularity is a boat filled with a ship of fools. I'm putting you down in the trolling BDC bandwagon of captious intellectual midgets. I'll take my buzz words and value assessment over current Red Sox bean counters. And Obama is a demagogue. Now, we agree to disagree, but be tolerant, dude;)  

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I like your style. Criticized for using meanless buzz word you use two paragraphs full of them.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

IN fact, I wanted AGon retained, Beckett traded on his own, and Crawford traded at a time when he was not incapable of playing and his trade market was as low as it possibly could get. You were almost giddy and called it a "trade" and did not condemn the notion that it was "the deal of the century". You gloated that this would free up money for better players.

Moonshemp wanted the money freed up to spend another 150 million plus on labor and get zero playoff wins. Instead of Crawford and Ellsbury and 28 million, it's now 23 million on Shane and Ellsbury, Now, there's progress, and if Crawford is the great palyer that Cherry said he was long after this write off was done, it will make Cherry look even more incompetent.

[/QUOTE]

It was a good trade. You are the only one fighting it solely becasue you liked AGon and stated Punto couldn't be traded. It freed them up tons of cash, got AGon out of a clubhouse, and they spent less than half of 260 million they on a bunch of guys short term. You really can't be this dense.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cherry signed Punto to a two year contract, because he's incompetent. He didn't trade him, he used AGon to get rid of his incompetence in Crawbust and swept his Punto contract under the rug.

You applauded the Punto signing at the time, then argued against trying to trade or cut him all season long.

The Punto signing was about as bad as your current idea to sign Kotchman.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not firing BV for leaving Lester in en route to 11ER in 4 innings..

[/QUOTE]

That game was disgusting. I was at Citi Field watching the Mets blow a game to the Dodgers and the person I was with looked at the out of town scoreboard and was like "That can't be right it says Lester is still in the game and gave up 8 runs" I though it was odd and watch on my phone as Lester gave up 3 more beforing be pulled.

[/QUOTE]

i was insulted to that our petulent, overweight "ace" was forced to take responsibility for his shoddy performance by having to remain in the game and pitch like he cared a flying bleep...

im glad you were able to get AGON Ben's cell number so he could text this cruel injustice..