Which of Pete Abraham's predictions Do You Agree With?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Which of Pete Abraham's predictions Do You Agree With?

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pike has never to expressed false concerns about Red Sox players , manager, staff, and management. Only trolls do that. Pike doesn't hate any players, manager, staff, GM, or owners. Only trolls do that. Pike only dislikes forum phonies, pretenders, and liars. Today Moonslav admitted that Softlaw is a liar and pretender and that is a troll. What do you say about that? Moonslav wants to expose Softlaw as a liar. I say that Softlaw is both a liar and also a troll and that he is wasting his time. What say you Pumpsie? Are you also a troll? Be honest.

[/QUOTE]

Lighten up Pike. I was just having a little fun joking with you. My only gripe about you is that 90% of what you post is about other posters and not about baseball. No one appointed you as forum policeman as far as I know

[/QUOTE]

Why should I lighten up after you called me a troll. By now you ust be aware that I despise trolls. Don't insult me and I won't respond accordingly.

Your baseball talk is always negative / pessimistic  cynical / and gloomy. The forum is already top heavy with that and the trolls have that charade covered. Most RSN fans who visit are disgusted with that and never return. Only Breidy  returns - a glutton for punishment.  Why do you like to join / participate with the trolls. Are you also a troll?

[/QUOTE]

It was a J-O-K-E Pike. You really need to lighten up. You will live longer. This forum has all types of people, and it is refreshingly relatively unmoderated. Other forums do not tolerate people who express negative opinions about the team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Defensively he was a train wreck at third base, where he played in Arizona. Baltimore moved him over to first base last season and saw a dramatic change with his glove. While he wont be Kotchman at first, he became a very solid defensive player.

Those are just various articles I've sen, and I've seen others.

[/QUOTE]

Joe, you should know better than to listen to announcers and JJ Hardy.  Didn't announcers and other players claim Jeter was a good fielder, despite him getting to ~20% less balls.

UZR is not alone in saying MR was bad at 1B.

BB-Ref had him at -2.4 at 3B in '11, and -1.7 at 1B in '12.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

Why should I lighten up after you called me a troll. By now you ust be aware that I despise trolls. Don't insult me and I won't respond accordingly.

Your baseball talk is always negative / pessimistic  cynical / and gloomy. The forum is already top heavy with that and the trolls have that charade covered. Most RSN fans who visit are disgusted with that and never return. Only Breidy  returns - a glutton for punishment.  Why do you like to join / participate with the trolls. Are you also a troll?

[/QUOTE]

But, pikesaysthis, you are the very definition of a troll.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

J.J. Hardy told The Baltimore Sun’s Dan Connolly. â€Is he going to win a Gold Glove? No. But would I choose him to be my first baseman over a lot of guys? Yeah, I would.”

Defensively he was a train wreck at third base, where he played in Arizona. Baltimore moved him over to first base last season and saw a dramatic change with his glove. While he wont be Kotchman at first, he became a very solid defensive player.

[/QUOTE]

Joe, you should know better than to listen to announcers and JJ Hardy.  Didn't announcers and other players claim Jeter was a good fielder, despite him getting to ~20% less balls.

[/QUOTE]

The -1.7 includes 142 IPs at 3B, where he was no doubt atrocious.

The rest is hearsay, but almost everything I've heard is that he is much, much better at 1st.  Lacking any reasonable sample size from other sources, I give hearsay more weight than on someone like Jeter.  Seriouysly, I have seen a good many people posting commentaries on various blogs, just regular fans, saying Reynolds was good at first.  The same people that thought he was a butcher at 3rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

J.J. Hardy told The Baltimore Sun’s Dan Connolly. â€Is he going to win a Gold Glove? No. But would I choose him to be my first baseman over a lot of guys? Yeah, I would.”

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The -1.7 includes 142 IPs at 3B, where he was no doubt atrocious.

The rest is hearsay, but almost everything I've heard is that he is much, much better at 1st.  Lacking any reasonable sample size from other sources, I give hearsay more weight than on someone like Jeter.  Seriouysly, I have seen a good many people posting commentaries on various blogs, just regular fans, saying Reynolds was good at first.  The same people that thought he was a butcher at 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

Mark Reynolds would have been an okay 1 yr solution; however, there are better options regardless of whether or not he plays an adequate defensive 1B.