Which of these free agent signings is Theo's worst mistake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Which of these free agent signings is Theo's worst mistake?

JOHN LACKEY -- 5 YEARS, $82.5 MILLION
    J.D. DREW -- 5 YEARS, $70 MILLION
    MIKE CAMERON -- 2 YEARS, $15.5 MILLION
    BOBBY JENKS -- 2 YEARS, $12 MILLION
    DAISUKE MATSUZAKA -- 6 YEARS, $52 MILLION.
    Plus the $51,111,111 posting fee
    CARL CRAWFORD -- 7 YEARS, $142 MILLION

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Which of these free agent signings is Theo's worst mistake?

Edgar Renteria

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

None of the above....because none of them have ever resulted in us not being able to field a championship club...see Arod with Texas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm not going to be hypocritical about this ... the only one of those that I hated AT THE TIME was Jenks. No clue why Theo brought him in.

As for the others, hindsight is 20-20 ... though I still think Crawford will work out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

In Response to Which of these free agent signings is Theo's worst mistake?:
    JOHN LACKEY -- 5 YEARS, $82.5 MILLION J.D. DREW -- 5 YEARS, $70 MILLION MIKE CAMERON -- 2 YEARS, $15.5 MILLION BOBBY JENKS -- 2 YEARS, $12 MILLION DAISUKE MATSUZAKA -- 6 YEARS, $52 MILLION. Plus the $51,111,111 posting fee CARL CRAWFORD -- 7 YEARS, $142 MILLION
    Posted by Mr.Bump

So far this is very close...between Cameron and Jenks.  You got nothing out of either of them.  Drew had a poor last 18 months...but was at least decent before that.  Same for Dice k.  Crawford and Lackey have not been heros for sure, and no one doubts they are overpaid up to this point, but a bad signing...no.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Cameron got hurt. Lackey continues to be what he always has been. Jenks is a bust. Dice K has resulted in other promotional revenues coming to the Red Sox, and he has been fair on the field. Crawford has recently shown signs of life. But... I will never, never, NEVER, figure out why Julio Lugo was signed for the money he got.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have to go with Daisuke, because he was hyped as a superstar and an ace. He was young and supposed to be here a while.

School's far from out on Crawford and Lackey just yet.

Jenks at $6 million a year is chump change in major league baseball for large market teams. So no big deal.

I dislike J.D.Drew but at least he helped us win in 2007, he played a small part and fell apart in 2008, but at least we got something out of him.

Cameron was a fill in, he didn't fill in very well. If he had he would easily have been worth the $7.75 million a year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

JOHN LACKEY -- 5 YEARS, $82.5 MILLION J.D. DREW -- 5 YEARS, $70 MILLION MIKE CAMERON -- 2 YEARS, $15.5 MILLION BOBBY JENKS -- 2 YEARS, $12 MILLION DAISUKE MATSUZAKA -- 6 YEARS, $52 MILLION. Plus the $51,111,111 posting fee CARL CRAWFORD -- 7 YEARS, $142 MILLION
    Posted by Mr.Bump

Lugo, Jenks, Cameron, Drew, Dice and Lackey were the worst.  Lackey and Dice were the very worst and although Carl may be overpaid he will be fine. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Posted by Mr.Bump

Tough call but I'd go w/ Lackey followed closely by Crawford.  Although IMO Crawford has more potential upside than Lackey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Stupid post that has been put tothe group more than once.Why not post something positive about what Theo's best moves have been.

Hetchinspete.

Sections
Shortcuts