Which one of these players would you trade for and why...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Which one of these players would you trade for and why...

I do think that Ben will keep Ellsbury because he can play in the city of Boston as well he can play under the pressure.  How we do know that Justin Upston can play under the pressure by playing in the city of Boston?   That is why we got to be careful about.  Also Arizona is going to ask for couple good players in return.  They wont take Ellsbury cuz they already stated that they have three good OF's on the roster

For Johnson, he could be the next Josh Beckett, but he is already an often injure proned pitcher.  I do not think Ben would like to have two pitchers in the rotation that are already an often injure proned pitchers (Lackey/Johnson).  If they can trade away Lackey, then I would go after Johnson and sign another pitcher via free agency such as Anibel Sanchez, etc.  I know Dan Haren is under Boston's radar, but he is different than Johnson cuz Ben C would not lose anyone if he sign Haren.

Well, who do I prefer, probably Johnson cuz Ben C. wouldnt give away too many prospects cuz Boston will have to absorb all of his salary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Ells and Miller for Endrus and Holland and then flip them to Zona for Upton.

I will assume blackmail is also involved, yes?  I don't see any other way Texas is on board.  

I don't think Daniels would make that deal even if he was at gunpoint.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Out of these two players, take Upton. 

Upton is signed reasonably for 3 years.  Johnson has one year left before free agency, and carries with him the risk that he will spend a significant chunk of his one season in Boston on the DL. 

And NO, that will not lead to him giving the Red Sox a discount when his contract expires.  Players do not hire agents in order to negotiate discounts...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Out of these two players, take Upton. 

Upton is signed reasonably for 3 years.  Johnson has one year left before free agency, and carries with him the risk that he will spend a significant chunk of his one season in Boston on the DL. 

And NO, that will not lead to him giving the Red Sox a discount when his contract expires.  Players do not hire agents in order to negotiate discounts...

yeah this is a no brainer. J upton is one of the premier offensive talents on the market. johnson is good but certainly no ace. plus you get the better one for longer

Sections
Shortcuts