which player would you take from a rival team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

which player would you take from a rival team?

this could be fun. Sox fans pick a current player from the yankees you would like to see on the red sox (batter and pitcher) and yanks fans pick a current pitcher and batter from the sox you would like to see in pinstripes. explanations for your choices are welcome

My choice would be swisher because he is very charismatic, funny and a pretty damn good ball player. He doesn't seem to fit the typical yankee mold (he actually seems like a fun guy to hang out with) and i could totally see him in a sox uni.
    as for pitcher i would take CC for obvious reasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: which player would you take from a rival team?

CC and Cano, then move him or PD to SS. Or maybe Tiexiera and move him to third. Hard to find position players from NYY that fit in Boston. Having Matt Kemp in right would be nice too, if we expand the search.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Longoria. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Moore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Mariano Rivera.

Do I need to explain?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

CARL CRAWFORD!!!! Er, wait, never mind.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: which player would you take from a rival team?:
    Mariano Rivera. Do I need to explain?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Ha zillah! wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth? I'd take Mo in a fkn heartbeat bro. hey look at jamie moyer the freak at 49 pitching for the rockies. Mo is just the type of athlete that keeps himself in such incredible shape that it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he pitched atleast another 3 or 4 years. Absolutely no doubt in my non-military mind.lol....that guy is the greatest closer to ever toe the rubber. mucho respect for #42. and ya know bro, the yankee fans know and show serious love and respect for their closer as well they should. man, what a cuttah.......unreal.....hey, did you hear the latest? me and the babe are friends. how's that for some crazy stuff eh zillah?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to which player would you take from a rival team?:
    this could be fun. Sox fans pick a current player from the yankees you would like to see on the red sox (batter and pitcher) and yanks fans pick a current pitcher and batter from the sox you would like to see in pinstripes. explanations for your choices are welcome My choice would be swisher because he is very charismatic, funny and a pretty damn good ball player. He doesn't seem to fit the typical yankee mold (he actually seems like a fun guy to hang out with) and i could totally see him in a sox uni. as for pitcher i would take CC for obvious reasons.
    Posted by mef429

Swisher might be a good choice in RF next season if he hits the market and we still need help.  I also like he and his wifes personality and the way he plays the game.

If Cano could play SS he would be my choice but I would have to go with Longoria at 3B, Youk to DH with Lav catching.  If you are talking about a pitcher my vote goes to a kid we may dislike as much as Garza when he pitched against us.  The youngster Matt Moore has some great stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: which player would you take from a rival team?":
    Mariano Rivera. Do I need to explain? Posted by ZILLAGOD
    106 to go Zilla,, and you will officially be a BDC legend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

CARL CRAWFORD!!!! Er, wait, never mind.....
    Posted by TheExaminer

Love your "tongue & cheek" but I might as well pitch in with John Lackey !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Longoria. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hell i would just settle for longo leaving the AL east

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Brian McCann

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Youkilis, despite him being b-nged up; an OB machine who has a penchant for the clutch, and especially now that Montero's gone. Ells too. Pedey's terrific, but Yanks already have a 2B.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd like King Felix, but the best GM move involving saving money and having longterm control would be Moore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In his career at Fenway Park, including the 2008 ALCS, Longoria has 11 HR and 33 RBI in 34 games. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Josh Hamilton

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Josh Hamilton
    Posted by J-BAY

Hell of a talent, but I hate to say it: Any long-term deal would be risky.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

If from NYY only, Cano ( 3b , ss or even rf vs. rh / dh ) and  Sabathia.

From anywhere ?  Matt Kemp or Justin Upton, and King Felix or Tim Lincecum.

But for one year only, no long term commitment ? Roy Halliday and Troy Tulowitzki.

Doc is even money for 30 + starts, 18 wins and Tulo might be another Nomar with bat in Fenway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: which player would you take from a rival team? : Hell of a talent, but I hate to say it: Any long-term deal would be risky.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Agreed Lloyd, but any long term deal is a risk, for different reasons. The kids been to hell and back and has done a pretty good job keeping his dependency issues in check. When he's taken a step back, he's owned up to it and moved forward. He let his addictions take years away from his career, doubt he would let it happen again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

From NYY, Pineda.  Young, cost controlled SP.  Although certainly not at the cost that the Yankees paid for him.

From Tampa, either Moore or Price.  The unproven, team friendly young stud or the proven, still young and relatively team friendly stud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: which player would you take from a rival team? : Maybe Lloyd, but any long term deal is a risk, for different reasons. The kids been to hell and back and has done a pretty good job keeping his dependency issues in check. When he's taken a step back, he's owned up to it and moved forward. He let his addictions take years away from his career, doubt he would let it happen again. 
    Posted by J-BAY

I hate to say it, but I agree with Lloyd.  It's not a replacement risk, it's an additional risk.  And I do wonder how much his wilderness years took out of his body.

I wish him well and he should be proud of himself for hauling himself back from the brink.  I might sign him to a deal with a clause similar to Lackey i.e. voidable if he succumbs to the addiction risk.  On second though, I wonder if contracts generally are voidable for illegal drugs, or alcohol, etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If from NYY only, Cano ( 3b , ss or even rf vs. rh / dh ) and  Sabathia. From anywhere ?  Matt Kemp or Justin Upton, and King Felix or Tim Lincecum. But for one year only, no long term commitment ? Roy Halliday and Troy Tulowitzki. Doc is even money for 30 + starts, 18 wins and Tulo might be another Nomar with bat in Fenway.
    Posted by jimedfred

Good call on Tulowitzki. I've always liked him. And given the revolving door we've had at shortstop since Nomar left ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

David Price. He's quietly rounding into one of the best pitchers in major league baseball. In fact, 3 of the best 4 lefty SP are in the AL East (CC, Price, Lester...Lee being elsewhere).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Lincecum, Felix, Moore, Kemp, any of those will do.

Sections
Shortcuts