Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With?

In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With?:
    [QUOTE]JD Drew. Like his presence on the Sox roster, he's never there. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

LOL good choice.  I'm not a Drew hater, but that's funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : actually, i did. i, however, escaped the brainwashing. and i avoid vfw's and american legion's like the plague.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

What brainwashing?  Throughout our history American soldiers have been allowed and even encouraged to question orders.  "Lawful orders" is in the oath, an oath which pre-eminently is about supporting and defending the Constitution.  You think that is brainwashing?    VFW and AL posts are primarily fraternal and completely voluntary.  Most do good things for their communities.  

As for the OP, no one.  Reading about them is enough for me.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : What brainwashing?  Throughout our history American soldiers have been allowed and even encouraged to question orders.  "Lawful orders" is in the oath, an oath which pre-eminently is about supporting and defending the Constitution.  You think that is brainwashing?    VFW and AL posts are primarily fraternal and completely voluntary.  Most do good things for their communities.   As for the OP, no one.  Reading about them is enough for me.   
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

max, I can't believe that you even took the time to respond this "poster!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : max, I can't believe that you even took the time to respond this "poster!"
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

hey hammah,
    you're favorite president, george w, went awol permanently during vietnam.

this country never recovered politically, financially, or morally from vietnam.
    but keep waving the flag and praying; i'm sure that will help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

who said he was my favorite president yazzer? as for vietnam what would you know about it. been there? w didn't do this country any favors invading Iraq. we should have never gone. yeah, you heard me. we should have never invaded Iraq. as for waving the flag and praying? your gawd damn right on that. to honor my father who I lost back in march who flew 25 missions over europe in the belly of a B-24 Liberator to my Uncle who went through the pacific as a marine combat medic to my nephew on his second tour in afgan with the 10th mountain div. and afgan is another story. son, you have no clue who your talking to. now get the fk outta my face.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Depends on who would be able to watch my boys the best when my wife and I need a date night.

Seems like Varitek would be interesting and respectful, and I know he likes dogs.  I also like what I've seen from Bard and Crawford.  

I am about 4 hours from Houston, so Crawford would be right at home here.  Does he like dogs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : hey hammah, you're favorite president, george w, went awol permanently during vietnam. this country never recovered politically, financially, or morally from vietnam. but keep waving the flag and praying; i'm sure that will help.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

Aw man.  Painting people in judgemental broad strokes is always a stupid thing to do.  You miss out on a lot of love that way.  Hammah is a really great guy with a great attitude and a helluva funny bone to boot.  And when it comes to his views on war and military, you might be surprised at his sober, intelligent viewpoint (gained from his service no doubt).  You want to dismiss him because he likes to honor people who have served, or because he chills at the VFW hall in the company of people who share in his first hand experience of service and war?  At the end of the day, your desire to dehumanize him dehumanizes yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I have to pick just one?  Can I pick a former player, because I think it would be a lot of fun to have Kevin Millar around.  Of the current players....either Pedey or Ortiz...both look like they'd be a lot of fun. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

I think Millar might be the last guy you want as a roomate if you need your sleep.  The guy would probably keep you up all night laughing.

Great guy though!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : I think Millar might be the last guy you want as a roomate if you need your sleep.  The guy would probably keep you up all night laughing. Great guy though!
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Since 2004 I've had this little fantasy about co-writing a book with Millar about his times with the Sox.  I think it would be a heck of a read.  He probably doesn't want to become known as the 'Jim Bouton of Boston' though...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With?:
    [QUOTE]From NESN: Chad Ochocinco wants to move in with a Patriots fan  instead of getting his own place, and all he's asking in return is that the fan own an XBox and an Internet connection.  Which Red Sox player would you most want to live with?
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

Not one, though a couple of them have cute wives. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Since 2004 I've had this little fantasy about co-writing a book with Millar about his times with the Sox.  I think it would be a heck of a read.  He probably doesn't want to become known as the 'Jim Bouton of Boston' though...
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you Hfx, I was around Kevin quite a few times years ago, the guy can keep you rolling for hours.  I don't even know where he gets half his jokes but he is exactly what you see just a great guy to be around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I say josh Beckett.  Cuz I am 100% positive that he can put away more brewskis than anyone on the club and you wouldn't even know he was drunk.  I always trust a guy like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I say josh Beckett.  Cuz I am 100% positive that he can put away more brewskis than anyone on the club and you wouldn't even know he was drunk.  I always trust a guy like that.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine the language coming out of that guy after 10 beers...

Surprised

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Can you imagine the language coming out of that guy after 10 beers...
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know for sure, but I am fairly certain it involves much big-game-to-human-sex related imagery and cryptic references to hound dog bowel activity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Bill Lee, of course!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Well, I don't know for sure, but I am fairly certain it involves much big-game-to-human-sex related imagery and cryptic references to hound dog bowel activity.

Not sure I would want to hang out with a drunk version of Josh's stubborn Texas temper spaceman.  It may get you in a bit more trouble than normal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Not sure I would want to hang out with a drunk version of Josh's stubborn Texas temper spaceman.  It may get you in a bit more trouble than normal.

True, but I will always keep a good stash of beef jerky and rope necklaces around to quell his foul drunken moods.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : True, but I will always keep a good stash of beef jerky and rope necklaces around to quell his foul drunken moods.  

Might work :)  I still choose Kevin, sitting in a jail cell with him won't be as long.  Josh may get you double time, or one of those "down south" arrests where nobody hears from you for a month or two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Might work :)  I still choose Kevin, sitting in a jail cell with him won't be as long.  Josh may get you double time, or one of those "down south" arrests where nobody hears from you for a month or two.

Yeah, note to self:  In the wee hours, after we have polished off three cases of Shiner Bock and a bottle o' Jack, and josh puts his arm around me saying "Space, I love you like a tick loves a hound dogs azz you sunnovabich.  Telluwut, lets get in the dang truck and drive on out to Lubbock, i know a little spot down there" .... DO NOT GET IN THE TRUCK!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Red Sox Player Would You Want To Live With? : Yeah, note to self:  In the wee hours, after we have polished off three cases of Shiner Bock and a bottle o' Jack, and josh puts his arm around me saying "Space, I love you like a tick loves a hound dogs azz you sunnovabich.  Telluwut, lets get in the dang truck and drive on out to Lubbock, i know a little spot down there" .... DO NOT GET IN THE TRUCK!!!

I would definitely buy you a drink spaceman, but might need to make a quick exit to if you start talking like that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! A drink? man, we'd get totally fkn hammah'd spaceman! and it's been a helluva long time since that's happened. can't remember when I'd partaken of some good ol #7....so now I gotta put on the head phones and listen to a little brian johnson singing "have a drink on me"Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I don't know about living with him, but I've always said that I'd want Millar on my softball team!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]ha! A drink? man, we'd get totally fkn hammah'd spaceman! and it's been a helluva long time since that's happened. can't remember when I'd partaken of some good ol #7....so now I gotta put on the head phones and listen to a little brian johnson singing "have a drink on me"
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

One of the great Angus riffs, nay, great hard rock riffs of all time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yupper! my adullt kids still get a big kick outta me when I get on my son's drums and rock out to the back in black album. AC/DC forever man!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i need to get into a 3's Company arrangement with heidi and hazel mae - if that don't happen i'm rooming with Pedey - he's a fanatical cribbage player and so am I...we could have epic battles and meltdowns together