While waiting for the "BLOCKBUSTER", how about a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DICK NIXON......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: While waiting for the

Richard M Nixon was one of the most effective and productive presidents in our history. It is long overdue that he gets the proper recognition. The general disdain for him is just a result of the leftist media agenda. Surprisingly , he is held in higher regard and much more respected in China than in the USA. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Happy Birthday mr president

sarah louise palin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Richard M Nixon was one of the most effective and productive presidents in our history. It is long overdue that he gets the proper recognition. The general disdain for him is just a result of the leftist media agenda. Surprisingly , he is held in higher regard and much more respected in China than in the USA. 

[/QUOTE]

Richard Nixon is considered by some the last liberal(in the classical sense) president.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:
    [QUOTE]

sarah louise palin[/QUOTE]

LOL!  :)

Perhaps the worst VP pick in our history, but she certainly had a certain appeal!

Having said that, if she continues to be our national conservative voice, we R's are done as a national party.

As for tricky Dick, I actually shed a few tears on news of his death.  Watergate, when compared to a few recent scandals, was WAY over-hyped.  Too bad the most significant death of our times is completely missed by most.  The death of the press speaking truth to power!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

You mean Dick "the Dirtbag Crook" Nixon. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean Dick "the Dirtbag Crook" Nixon. 

[/QUOTE]

You consistently show your lack of age & class....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

You don't know my age, boy.  Dick Nixon was a dirtbag criminal with no class.  It is what it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Boy?  You show me something else.

Why don't you prove my point & educate us all on his countless sins as CIC.

uh uh uh....   without google little boy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

now try some socratic dialogue & argue the counterpoint with our current CIC from a Republican / Coservative perspective.  I could teach you, by taking apart GWB & Obama if you like. 

This would likely be a bit to taxing for you, so why not just respond with the ad hominem?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

You could read "Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought"  from the Washington Post June 8, 2012.  I'm sure you won't, however,because now I remember you as the crackpot jibberish spewer that you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Bill-806 is different than Softlaw, he is trying to have fun."

At other people's expense. Bill can't make a joke that doesn't involve putting someone else down, and if you take offense, it's your fault. 

Nixon was a crook and committed crimes far beyond that of any other modern President (in the American judicial sense). He was also very underrated in other ways such as his visionary dealings with China. A complex man with a complex legacy but for Bill to imply that Obama is more crooked than Nixon is just outrageously ridiculous. It's true that privacy and surveillance are more serious issues today, that's a modern presidential legacy that Clinton, GW, and Obama have all contributed to. Some say it helps us fight terrorism.... 

Bill let's see you say something funny that doesn't involve putting other people down, calling them moonbats or whatever, betcha can't do it.

"OMG, not another thread about politics, religion, or prejudice that will go on for a week"

Talk to Bill about that. Bill posted a political thread and you busted a gasket trying to pretend this wasn't about cheap political shots from him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:
    [QUOTE]

sarah louise palin[/QUOTE]

WHOA, Them Beautys Reel...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

You could read "Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought"  from the Washington Post June 8, 2012.  I'm sure you won't, however,because now I remember you as the crackpot jibberish spewer that you are.

[/QUOTE]

Read it.  He was despicable in many ways.  I just wonder if you're able to look at poilitics with any objectivity whatsoever???  OR, as I suspect, you are a blind partisan demagogue?  R's are evil, & D's are good. Bush & the R's evil.  O & the Dems good.

Deficit spending under Bush evil.  Double the rate of deficit spending under Obama, Bush's fault.

"Deficit spending is immoral!"  Obama   Oooops!  Up 6.7 TRILLION since I took office???  Hmm  Did I say immoral???   I meant......

War evil under Bush.  Obama adds 150,000 to Afghanistan.....  Bush's fault.

Housing / mortgage crisis Bush's fault.  Dems who ran the banking committees tricked by bush.

Health care costs spiral out of control out of control under Bush.  Triple the rate under Obama "I'll cut your HC costs by $2,500 / yr.  Oooops!  Up by $2500 / yr."  It was Bush's fault.

Energy costs continue to spiral out of control?  Bush's fault.

Education costs up 25% under obama.  Bush's fault.

I haven't proposed or come near passing a budget in 4+ years.  Bush's fault.

This pretty much how you see the world.  One way thinking street?  Must be nice to have such a clear vision?

Bush was a pathetic president, who needlessly & irresponsibly took us into 2 costly wars!!!!!  Where were the Dems???  What were their public stances on both wars???  So, who's to blame?  Just Bush?  Do you & your party take responsibility for anything? 

psssssst.  BTW.......  Both parties & presidents have spent us into bankruptcy.  WE ARE BROKE & both parties have been buying our votes & with our own money for the past _____ years.  Most deserve to be tarred & feathered.

You see fault in one place.  Like the mind numbed partisan demagogues on the Right, You too have a very limited perspective on most things political.  You likely can't help it, as you are only capable of seeing one side of an issue.  You'll grow up some day??? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It can't be ignored how effective Nixon was a President. He accomplished a lot to be derailed by something he thought was so trivial. He was probably one of the great foreign policy Presidents. What he domestically in his first four years was dwarfs the failed policies of the New Deal in terms of effectiveness.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At other people's expense. Bill can't make a joke that doesn't involve putting someone else down, and if you take offense, it's your fault. 

Nixon was a crook and committed crimes far beyond that of any other modern President (in the American judicial sense). He was also very underrated in other ways such as his visionary dealings with China. A complex man with a complex legacy but for Bill to imply that Obama is more crooked than Nixon is just outrageously ridiculous. It's true that privacy and surveillance are more serious issues today, that's a modern presidential legacy that Clinton, GW, and Obama have all contributed to. Some say it helps us fight terrorism.... 

Bill let's see you say something funny that doesn't involve putting other people down, calling them moonbats or whatever, betcha can't do it.

"OMG, not another thread about politics, religion, or prejudice that will go on for a week"

Talk to Bill about that. Bill posted a political thread and you busted a gasket trying to pretend this wasn't about cheap political shots from him.

[/QUOTE]

It really comes down to did he do more damage obstructing justice or did he do more good with his foreign and domestic policies. It really is an unanswerable question. It comes down to what you value more. If you ignore his failures he is a top 10 president if you ignore his successes he is Franklin Pierce.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It really comes down to did he do more damage obstructing justice or did he do more good with his foreign and domestic policies. It really is an unanswerable question. It comes down to what you value more. If you ignore his failures he is a top 10 president if you ignore his successes he is Franklin Pierce.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry!  Like Clinton, Nixon possesed the raw materials to be a truly brilliant & great president.  Yes!  He was BRILLIANT with respect to foreign policy, but was also a compromising & corrupt politician, capable of breaking the law & spewing some pretty aweful racial, misogynistic, anti-semitic, & generally bigoted rhetoric in private.  Clinton, was luckily dragged back to the center by the "Republican Revolution," led by Newt Gingrich, another incredibly brilliant but flawed moral character.

There is a duality to all of these powerful men.  All morally flawed, with redeaming public service qualities.  All very qualified to pander to whatever constituency necessary to go as far as possible. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

vtfanofcs,

Has your little head exploded yet trying to figure a front to attack on?  Bit too "nuanced" for you?

Sections
Shortcuts