While waiting for the "BLOCKBUSTER", how about a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DICK NIXON......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: While waiting for the

Dick was crook, a cheat, and a scoundrel long before Watergate, and yes, he was the last true liberal president we have had.

"I am now a Keynesian in economics."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Somehow Clinton managed to balance the budget and reduce the deficit. He must have been lucky.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he was lucky -- lucky that the Republicans won the House and Senate in 1994 and for a brief time were doing a responsible job  that they saved Clinton from himself. If you were paying attention, Clinton was far to the left his first two years then came back to the center (relatively speaking).

He balanced the budget because the Democrats had no power in Congress to pass massive spending bills that he proposed in his first two years.

It's funny how that little fact that the Republicans controlled Congress during that time escapes so many.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

As far as Nixon is concerned, he's one of the most fascinating and complex individuals in history. I'm actually in the middle of a Nixon biography right now. There's a lot to admire about him and a lot to be critical of too.

One thing his critics like to do when calling him a "crook" is to look at him in a vacuum -- as if whatever specifically they're talking about was unique to him.

For instance, presidents were illiegally taping long before Nixon got to the White House. LBJ was already a master at it. FDR bent more than his fair shair of laws. Both of them were masters at lying to the public and playing dirty politics.

Nixon gets criticized for playing dirty politics, yet he often wasn't the one who started. For example, in 1950, it was Truman and Helen Gahagan Douglas who started the mudslinging. Nixon respondent and simply was better at it.

And politicians were playing dirty tricks from our nation's beginning. Thomas Jefferson could play hardball as well as Nixon did. Jefferson, in fact, actually came close to treason in one instance. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You could read "Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought"  from the Washington Post June 8, 2012.  I'm sure you won't, however,because now I remember you as the crackpot jibberish spewer that you are.

[/QUOTE]

Read it.  He was despicable in many ways.  I just wonder if you're able to look at poilitics with any objectivity whatsoever???  OR, as I suspect, you are a blind partisan demagogue?  R's are evil, & D's are good. Bush & the R's evil.  O & the Dems good.

Deficit spending under Bush evil.  Double the rate of deficit spending under Obama, Bush's fault.

"Deficit spending is immoral!"  Obama   Oooops!  Up 6.7 TRILLION since I took office???  Hmm  Did I say immoral???   I meant......

War evil under Bush.  Obama adds 150,000 to Afghanistan.....  Bush's fault.

Housing / mortgage crisis Bush's fault.  Dems who ran the banking committees tricked by bush.

Health care costs spiral out of control out of control under Bush.  Triple the rate under Obama "I'll cut your HC costs by $2,500 / yr.  Oooops!  Up by $2500 / yr."  It was Bush's fault.

Energy costs continue to spiral out of control?  Bush's fault.

Education costs up 25% under obama.  Bush's fault.

I haven't proposed or come near passing a budget in 4+ years.  Bush's fault.

This pretty much how you see the world.  One way thinking street?  Must be nice to have such a clear vision?

Bush was a pathetic president, who needlessly & irresponsibly took us into 2 costly wars!!!!!  Where were the Dems???  What were their public stances on both wars???  So, who's to blame?  Just Bush?  Do you & your party take responsibility for anything? 

psssssst.  BTW.......  Both parties & presidents have spent us into bankruptcy.  WE ARE BROKE & both parties have been buying our votes & with our own money for the past _____ years.  Most deserve to be tarred & feathered.

You see fault in one place.  Like the mind numbed partisan demagogues on the Right, You too have a very limited perspective on most things political.  You likely can't help it, as you are only capable of seeing one side of an issue.  You'll grow up some day??? 

[/QUOTE]

See this stupid post you made.   I didn't even read it.  Just passing by to get to the bottom of the page, I can see it is ranting  jibberish.  You are a waste of time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Spanker, I am more liberal than you. I went to BU in Boston in the middle 60s, protested Viet Nam. marched with Martin Luther King, and campaigned for McCarthy, McGovern,  and Kennedy. Voted for Democrats my whole life.

Bill is tame compared to Softlaw. Bill might be just putting us on as Softlaw is also. As you have said before, this is the Internet and we should not take any of this BS seriously. Examiner, Enchilada,  J-Bay, MEF429, Enchilada, and many others keep saying " Nobody takes any of this seriously, it is all just fun and games". Take their advice and let it go - don't take anything seriously here - it is all a game. It is just a forum, hell Zillagod, Moonslav, and Ike just reversed their stances 180 degrees in the last week. It is merely entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Marched with MLK? And did you have the fire hoses and attack dogs turned on you by Bull Connor and the southern Democrats like the other freedom marchers?

I rode with Custer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to vtfanofcs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You could read "Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought"  from the Washington Post June 8, 2012.  I'm sure you won't, however,because now I remember you as the crackpot jibberish spewer that you are.

[/QUOTE]

Read it.  He was despicable in many ways.  I just wonder if you're able to look at poilitics with any objectivity whatsoever???  OR, as I suspect, you are a blind partisan demagogue?  R's are evil, & D's are good. Bush & the R's evil.  O & the Dems good.

Deficit spending under Bush evil.  Double the rate of deficit spending under Obama, Bush's fault.

"Deficit spending is immoral!"  Obama   Oooops!  Up 6.7 TRILLION since I took office???  Hmm  Did I say immoral???   I meant......

War evil under Bush.  Obama adds 150,000 to Afghanistan.....  Bush's fault.

Housing / mortgage crisis Bush's fault.  Dems who ran the banking committees tricked by bush.

Health care costs spiral out of control out of control under Bush.  Triple the rate under Obama "I'll cut your HC costs by $2,500 / yr.  Oooops!  Up by $2500 / yr."  It was Bush's fault.

Energy costs continue to spiral out of control?  Bush's fault.

Education costs up 25% under obama.  Bush's fault.

I haven't proposed or come near passing a budget in 4+ years.  Bush's fault.

This pretty much how you see the world.  One way thinking street?  Must be nice to have such a clear vision?

Bush was a pathetic president, who needlessly & irresponsibly took us into 2 costly wars!!!!!  Where were the Dems???  What were their public stances on both wars???  So, who's to blame?  Just Bush?  Do you & your party take responsibility for anything? 

psssssst.  BTW.......  Both parties & presidents have spent us into bankruptcy.  WE ARE BROKE & both parties have been buying our votes & with our own money for the past _____ years.  Most deserve to be tarred & feathered.

You see fault in one place.  Like the mind numbed partisan demagogues on the Right, You too have a very limited perspective on most things political.  You likely can't help it, as you are only capable of seeing one side of an issue.  You'll grow up some day??? 

[/QUOTE]

See this stupid post you made.   I didn't even read it.  Just passing by to get to the bottom of the page, I can see it is ranting  jibberish.  You are a waste of time.

[/QUOTE]

Jibberish??

Usually the manner you use to dismiss a put down too hot for you handle..

Typical brilliant post by redsoxdirtdog.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Bill-806 is different than Softlaw, he is trying to have fun.

[/QUOTE]TRYING ???   He!!, thats why Im here !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Bill-806 is different than Softlaw, he is trying to have fun."

At other people's expense. Bill can't make a joke that doesn't involve putting someone else down, and if you take offense, it's your fault. 

Nixon was a crook and committed crimes far beyond that of any other modern President (in the American judicial sense). He was also very underrated in other ways such as his visionary dealings with China. A complex man with a complex legacy but for Bill to imply that Obama is more crooked than Nixon is just outrageously ridiculous. It's true that privacy and surveillance are more serious issues today, that's a modern presidential legacy that Clinton, GW, and Obama have all contributed to. Some say it helps us fight terrorism.... 

Bill let's see you say something funny that doesn't involve putting other people down, calling them moonbats or whatever, betcha can't do it.

"OMG, not another thread about politics, religion, or prejudice that will go on for a week"

Talk to Bill about that. Bill posted a political thread and you busted a gasket trying to pretend this wasn't about cheap political shots from him.

[/QUOTE]CALM DOWN PLEASE !!!  Have a nice day !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As smart as Nixon was, he was actually STUPID to det involved with the Watergate break in.....  He didn't need to, as he kicked Mcgovern's arrrrs !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

You mean Dick "the Dirtbag Crook" Nixon. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes you must be under 20 years old.... go back to or stay in school

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Richard Nixon like Bill Clinton only had themselves to blame.... with their errors in judgement each of them made. Both were very fine Presidents.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Somehow Clinton managed to balance the budget and reduce the deficit. He must have been lucky.

No, he had a Republican Congress (House and Senate) who weren't going to pass a budget that wasn't balanced.

Barry is a crook, a cheat, a liar and a scoundrel, long before Benghazi. And, yes, he and his Pelosi and Reid Congress expanded entitlments and the welfare State and ran up the debt and deficit more than anyone history.

Nixon was one of the worst leaders in U.S. History, but he was more intelligent than the big puppet intellectual midget that the resident "corpseman" is. Barry owes a great deal to the corruption and organized crime that hired him, Chicago politics.

The fascist federal race, ethnic, gender and economic identity class politics takes great pride and prejudice in this entitlement pandering demagogue. There has never been a more incompetent intellect and leftist idealogue in U.S. Presidential history. He's a reflection of the mental midgets who populate the most ignorant, indolent and dcadent culture in American history.

[/QUOTE]And that "SPORTSFANS" is a  B I N G O !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I wish Obama was more like commie-liberal Richard nixon when it comes to economic policy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Nixon was a good president, despite the ending. He had superior staff too. Was a big fan of Reagan as well, despite the red ink & Iran-Contra.  Nobody's perfect.

I yearn for when Republicans knew how to govern, as opposed to pandering to Wall St, WAR profiteers, the NRA, & K Street.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How old is his dog CHECKERS?

[/QUOTE]Too old to teach him new tricks !!!

[/QUOTE]

Kind of like you?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

vtfanofcs,

Has your little head exploded yet trying to figure a front to attack on?  Bit too "nuanced" for you?

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself you pompous a r s e.... so do you really think you are "impressing" us with your political knowlege?  Just in case you hadnt noticed, this a sports forum and no one cares....except your ego....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama's economic policy is entitlment expansion, payoffs to organized crime front Labor Unions, printing money as fast as a banana republic, using tax cheat Geitner's Bank of China Credit Card, and investing in wind and solar power companies.

Nice to see the payroll tax go up on those poor and middle class voters who like Obama's economic policy. Buffet and Obama will also being a little more, but they can afford to pay a little more. This will keep Obama's sound economic fiscal policy rock solid.

As a good American, for those who can afford to pay a little more, please visit the Bureau of the Public Debt and click on the online button and make a gift to help pay some of Obama's debts that were used to make economic investment lin the People that Obama loves and cares so intimately about. All of us.  Buffet said that his taxes needed to go up to improve the morale of the middle and poor class of people. Both he and Obama can really improve morale by joining all the rich who can afford to pay a little more for healthcare, food and emergency life saving cancer treatments for the poor and middle class, by clicking on the gift to pay the debt at the federal website for the Bureau of the Public Debt. The reason Obama won his mandate and slaugthered the hateful rich and stupid white males, in the popular vote, was he cares. The poor and middle class want leaders who reach out and care about them.

[/QUOTE]And that Boys & Girls, is a double B I N G O !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i hate politics so much. and reading this thread just reinforces it. YOU WACKED OUT LEFTIES!! RIGHT WING LOONS!!

DEMOCRATS SUCK! NO REPUBLICANS SUCK!

we would be better off with no political parties at all..... god forbid someone from "the other side" comes up with a good idea because we'll have to shoot it down. Can't let them get any credit lest they gain more support. Democracy wasn't created to become a power struggle between 2 factions.... i think democrats and republicans lost sight of that over the years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hate politics so much. and reading this thread just reinforces it. YOU WACKED OUT LEFTIES!! RIGHT WING LOONS!!

DEMOCRATS SUCK! NO REPUBLICANS SUCK!

we would be better off with no political parties at all..... god forbid someone from "the other side" comes up with a good idea because we'll have to shoot it down. Can't let them get any credit lest they gain more support. Democracy wasn't created to become a power struggle between 2 factions.... i think democrats and republicans lost sight of that over the years.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed mef.  This '2-faction' struggle is a mess.  It is an inevitability that both dems and reps lose sight of the needs of the people they were elected to represent, as the arguement is very narrow without more views represented.  I don't have any solutions at hand though unless the money gets removed from the process.  That ain't happenin'.

Sections
Shortcuts