While waiting for the "BLOCKBUSTER", how about a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DICK NIXON......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: While waiting for the

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I yearn for when Democrats weren't Leftist Marxists and looked at economic public policy like JFK.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to make an impression

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

An improvement would be for the parties to nominate extremely wealthy individuals who have to be begged to run in the primary and despise politics and the spotlight. The best answer to quid pro quo pork and corrupt money politics is individual wealth that puts a person beyond group corrupton. And, yes, that's exactly why the organized crime and group corruption drafts these losers like Obama to do their corrupt bidding. They serve as effective demagogues who appeal to the pride and prejudices of the American modern society which does not require land or "skin in the game" to vote.   

[/QUOTE]  It's a "HAT-TRICK",   B I N G O   !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

An improvement would be for the parties to nominate extremely wealthy individuals who have to be begged to run in the primary and despise politics and the spotlight. The best answer to quid pro quo pork and corrupt money politics is individual wealth that puts a person beyond group corrupton. And, yes, that's exactly why the organized crime and group corruption drafts these losers like Obama to do their corrupt bidding. They serve as effective demagogues who appeal to the pride and prejudices of the American modern society which does not require land or "skin in the game" to vote.   

[/QUOTE]

Yes, LOL, W, Cheney, Gonzalez, Miers, Libby, Eagleburger, etc were pure as the driven snow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  You are a proponent of a plutocratic-democracy.  An fascinating notion, and one put forth by more than a few of the most influential 'founding fathers'.  I might consider your notion further if I thought there was any kind of corrolation between personal wealth and incorruptability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  You are a proponent of a plutocratic-democracy.  An fascinating notion, and one put forth by more than a few of the most influential 'founding fathers'.  I might consider your notion further if I thought there was any kind of corrolation between personal wealth and incorruptability.

[/QUOTE]

I nominate Warren Buffett.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right.  I figured that Warren would be the shining example of a would-be candidate so rich that he is beyond corruptability.  

So, there is one.  Of course, we would have to take him at his word.

Also, what I think Softy and any other proponents of this plutocratic notion should consider is that corruption at the presidential level has less to do with personal profit and more to do with maintenance of personal and or cartel power (* see Watergate).  Buffet wouldn't take greasy bribes for his own benefit of course.  But things might change when he is representing his power brokerage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Extreme wealth is not suffiecient insulation from corruption. It is power that corrupts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He would have been ok befor he developed dementia.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean Dick "the Dirtbag Crook" Nixon. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes you must be under 20 years old.... go back to or stay in school

[/QUOTE]

Your comment is childish.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

vtfanofcs,

Has your little head exploded yet trying to figure a front to attack on?  Bit too "nuanced" for you?

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself you pompous a r s e.... so do you really think you are "impressing" us with your political knowlege?  Just in case you hadnt noticed, this a sports forum and no one cares....except your ego....

[/QUOTE]

Well Venice,  If you think putting a little boy in his place with a few basic sophomoric political facts is trying to impress someone, then there is nothing I can say to change your mind.  Next time I'll write something really smaaat & totally tee you off :) 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything"-Bruce Springteen

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Leave it to Stiffy to take things to their illogical absurdity!

Sorry, Stiffy but I can only handle skimming your inarticulate rants, as they aimlessly swerve from one non sequitur to another.  You are truly out of your mind, & represent the farthest Right Wing partisan demagogic views of the political poles.  We are done as a political party if guys like you continue to suck the oxygen out of the national political debate.  You marginalize every legitimate mainstream conservative Republican point with every key stroke, as you play to the caricatured conservative Republican Liberal Dems are want to demagogue.  You are nothing but a fool!

One thing is for sure.  If you were as smart as you pretend to be.... Lawyer???  Please!  You would have figured this out long ago.  You are not even smart enough to realize you change ZERO hearts & minds with the bloviating hate-filled rhetoric you are want to spew!

You are a buffoon!

I still love to hammer you though :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moonslav admitted yesterday that he wants the exclusive rights to trash / belittle Softlaw since only he understands him. Everyone else who does so is taking away from the true purpose of this forum - which is to talk baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Moon can have the exclusive on bashing his "baseball / Red Sox" views, but I reserve the right to bash the Stiff one on all thing socio-political.  Hope that doesn't step on any big toes?  :)

p.s.  Just having fun  :)  :)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm surprised that BDC allows threads like this to exist and continue on. Would you invite 20 people over to dinner on Thanksgiving and encourage a debate on politics or religion?  Discussions like this only divides Red Sox fans. Posters on this forum already at the drop of a hat will argue about what day of the week it is, whether Sweet Caroline is played, or what kind of mustard is put onto Fenway Franks. When will anyone here ever be happy about anything?

[/QUOTE]tHATS LIFE WITH ALL THE LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I don't say this in defense of Nixon (who deserves all of the abuse levelled at him in this thread and in general), but if you think he was unique in his corruption, check out some of the lies and abuses of power by JFK and LBJ.

25. This post has been removed.