While waiting for the "BLOCKBUSTER", how about a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DICK NIXON......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: While waiting for the

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, what I think Softy and any other proponents of this plutocratic notion should consider is that corruption at the presidential level has less to do with personal profit and more to do with maintenance of personal and or cartel power (* see Watergate).  Buffet wouldn't take greasy bribes for his own benefit of course.  But things might change when he is representing his power brokerage.

Also, What Space and any other proponents of the current party nomination notion should consider is that corruption at the presidential level, for those working for political group money, has everything to do with personal profit and serving as a puppet for the groups who want to perpetually keep power for select group agendas (see promises of unfunded entitlment expansion and Benghazi lies about Muslim Hate Video causing terrorist attack, and see orgainize crime front UAW labor "stimulus" payoff)

Buffet seeks the spotlight and would likely serve as a conduit for greasy bribes to his favorite investment bank community. Of course, Obama is owned by and a puppet of Chicago organized crime big Labor Union front groups.

[/QUOTE]

I have stated many times that I am not a proponent of the current 'party nomination notion'.  But, I guess it wouldn't be a proper Softy-discourse if you didn't reframe your opponents position with fictional attributes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dick was crook, a cheat, and a scoundrel long before Watergate, and yes, he was the last true liberal president we have had.

"I am now a Keynesian in economics."

[/QUOTE] Nixon was not a crook, he was a liar; Agnew his VP was the crook remember Mr. Milkman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

Those who are super wealthy and have to be harrassed are the ones to nominate, particularly those who have turned it down before. 

[/QUOTE]

You will know when you have found one of these people because they will be standing next to a unicorn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Maybe Vietnam is ancient history to a lot of you, but I'll always remember it like it was yesterday.

Nixon brought the POW's home from that jungle.  For that ALONE, he's a hero in my book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Vietnam is ancient history to a lot of you, but I'll always remember it like it was yesterday.

Nixon brought the POW's home from that jungle.  For that ALONE, he's a hero in my book.

[/QUOTE]gREAT pOST !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

You will know when you have found one of these people because they will be standing next to a unicorn.

Not a student of history, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Give one example of a living person. History is always seen through the individual's interpretive lense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dick was crook, a cheat, and a scoundrel long before Watergate, and yes, he was the last true liberal president we have had.

"I am now a Keynesian in economics."

[/QUOTE] Nixon was not a crook, he was a liar; Agnew his VP was the crook remember Mr. Milkman

[/QUOTE]

Try reading about Nixon before he became president. He was a crook, a cheat, and a scoundrel.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.