While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday

It would be a colossal mistake to remove Pedroia from the 4 hole, he is a monster when he bats cleanup. After he mashes for 2 weeks, then we will see who's leading the AL MVP race...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday

No he shoould not novice. If anything you go with:

Elles
    Crawford
    Pedroia
    Agon
    Lavarnay

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

One game and Lavarnway is in the 5 hole...I think not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THATS WHAT WE THOUGHT TOO !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

your point about him in 3rd is valid. Breaks up a string of lefties...Crawford in the 2-hole would be nice if he was hitting, but he has been striking out left and right. He would likely see better pitches to hit surrounded by Ells, Pedey, and Gonzo. I'm still rooting for him everyday though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Ellsbury CF
    Lowrie 3B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Pedroia 2B
    Reddick RF
    Crawford LF
    Lavarnway DH
    Varitek(Beckett pitching)/Salty C
    Aviles SS

This was last night's game lineup...I expect to see it again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Like Drew b4 Crawford I think when someone is struggling you need to still put him back in the fire, he's a perfect #2 if we did not already have Pedroia there,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Pedroia hit cleanup in place of Youkilis, and the Sox are now 6-2 when he hits fourth. Pedroia is 14 of 35 (.400) in those games with eight RBIs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

alright, i'm all for keeping pedroia in the clean-up spot, even when youk does come back. anybody really gonna miss youk at clean-up?
    and yes, i would put jd crawford at # 2. he can't do any worse there than at
    #6.
    and if he fails in the 2 hole, well then, there's only one other hole to put him in; but that would require a shovel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday:
    alright, i'm all for keeping pedroia in the clean-up spot, even when youk does come back. anybody really gonna miss youk at clean-up? and yes, i would put jd crawford at # 2. he can't do any worse there than at #6. and if he fails in the 2 hole, well then, there's only one other hole to put him in; but that would require a shovel.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Yazzer - I preface this by saying I know the statement I am about to make is the feather in your cap, the to-date-crowning achievement for all your efforts here on the BDC board, your flight-jacketed Mission Accomplished on the BDC air craft carrier, but:  If I ever meet you in person, I am going to choke the s&*t out of you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If I'm manager, Pedey stays in the clean up spot even if Albert Pujols comes over. Batting .491 (27-55) with four homers in his career when fourth in the lineup.
    So what if he's probably the shortest clean-up hitter in decades?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Last night he was great.  In eight games he has been pretty good.  But he is best in the 2 slot. 

Batting leadoff, Ellsbury still has more rbi's for the season than Pedroia.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday:
    In Response to Re: While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday : Yazzer - I preface this by saying I know the statement I am about to make is the feather in your cap, the to-date-crowning achievement for all your efforts here on the BDC board, your flight-jacketed Mission Accomplished on the BDC air craft carrier, but:  If I ever meet you in person, I am going to choke the s&*t out of you.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

fine, but 1st you have to buy me a beer and introduce me to bill lee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: While Youk and Papi are out, Pedroia should bat 4th everyday : fine, but 1st you have to buy me a beer and introduce me to bill lee.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Fair enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdrummer. Show soxdrummer's posts

Pedey should bat 4th everyday. He kills it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

While I think there is no wrong spot to bat Pedroia ( maybe 8th or 9th)...I do prefer him at #2 spot. I really think he has shown good basestealing ability and , despite the power , he is not suited for full time cleanup duty, I would rather see Youk or Ortiz.

I feel this will be a temporary spot for him and he should not be batting 4th permanently. He is just too good in the #2 spot. He can get more AB's and set the table for the guys like Gonzalez, Ortiz and Youk. When everyone was healthy the offense was fine. I WOULDN'T MESS WITH THAT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Now would be a good time to put Crawford back in the two spot, that is supposed comfort zone and hit Pedey clean-up. I don't see it happening though as Tito would never hit 3 lefties in order.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

And 2nd, and 3rd, and 5th, and 6th, and 7th, and 8th, and 9th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And 2nd, and 3rd, and 5th, and 6th, and 7th, and 8th, and 9th.
    Posted by Alibiike

Wouldn't that be great? Would be like Bugs Bunny vs. the Gashouse Gorillas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Now would be a good time to put Crawford back in the two spot, that is supposed comfort zone and hit Pedey clean-up. I don't see it happening though as Tito would never hit 3 lefties in order.
    Posted by attic-dan
    I also don't think when your missing your 4 and 5 hitters you move Crawford down to 2 to see if that might turn him around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Like Drew b4 Crawford I think when someone is struggling you need to still put him back in the fire, he's a perfect #2 if we did not already have Pedroia there,
    Posted by BurritoT
    Honestly Burrito I don't think he was ever a perfect #2. Historically #2 is a guy who can take a strike and not hurt his chances of getting a hit (not Crawford), high OBP (never was Crawford) and good bat control. Watching Crawford this year he is as less gifted, under powered version of Vladdy or Alphonso Soriano. 

Now Lowrie does give the RS one advantage. Sandwiched between Ells and A-Gon he baits a manager in to bringing in a LH pitcher to face Ells and A-Gon and in the process it turns him around where he is most effective (RH). There aren't really ideal options when you lose guys like Youk and Ortiz at the same time.

Then again what team seamlessly replaces its 4 and 5 hitters if those hitters are really good? 

Sections
Shortcuts