Whine List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Whine List

Red (Sox)                                                                                 White (Those evil other guys)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Re: Whine List

In response to billge's comment:

Red (Sox)                                                                                 White (Those evil other guys)

I respectfully submit my entry to the whine list.  Cheese with your (red) whine sir? Yes please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sorry..but this morning I am whining... :-) That was a pathetic performance by the team last night. The most positive headline the Sox could come up with for this morning was "Ortiz breaks up Darvish's no hit bid in the ninth"?

Pathetic...just pathetic.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry..but this morning I am whining... :-) That was a pathetic performance by the team last night. The most positive headline the Sox could come up with for this morning was "Ortiz breaks up Darvish's no hit bid in the ninth"?

[/QUOTE]

yup. at least we weren't no-hit.  and quietly we are back to being a sub .500 team again.  As I said before.  It could take us until June before we really pass the 500 mark.  Otherwise, it will be a constant struggle to just "break-even".  That's what poor starts will do for you.  We have 3 excellent starters and Mike Napoli.  Hard to win consistently with that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Wait? It's hard to get hits against one of the best pitchers in all of baseball?

No way that's just insanity......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Darvish is a really really really good pitcher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I could whine, but I think I'll just mope instead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sometimes you just tip your cap to a great pitching performance. Thats what happened to the Red Sox last night. However, this team has a lot of problems and the FO is at a crossroads: start solving them and compete this year for a playoff spot or resign yourself to mediocrity while our young players develop for one more year.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

yup. at least we weren't no-hit.  and quietly we are back to being a sub .500 team again.  As I said before.  It could take us until June before we really pass the 500 mark.  Otherwise, it will be a constant struggle to just "break-even".  That's what poor starts will do for you.  We have 3 excellent starters and Mike Napoli.  Hard to win consistently with that.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...and while you are right that at least we didn't get no-hit by Darvish...we deserved to get no-hit...that's how pitiful our offense is. It's sad that the only thing we have to celebrate is Papi breaking up the no-hitter...that's just plain sad.

You hit it right on the head...3 great starters and Naps... time for the rest of the team to step up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Officer, officer, we have a mook moping over here, is that illegal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Or is it a mope, mooking, I'm confused.  Anyway we cant hi a pinata with a shovel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I don't whine about the Sox. But, I do groan when I watch them play.

"Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans". ---- John Lennon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I was shocked that Dan Shaughnessy didn't have an article blaming Ortiz for ruining Darvish's no-hitter, but that's just me whining about Shaughnessy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

THE DAYS OF WHINE AND HOSES. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree...and while you are right that at least we didn't get no-hit by Darvish...we deserved to get no-hit...that's how pitiful our offense is. It's sad that the only thing we have to celebrate is Papi breaking up the no-hitter...that's just plain sad.

You hit it right on the head...3 great starters and Naps... time for the rest of the team to step up.

[/QUOTE]

how exactly do you deserve to get no-hit?

They tried. hes one of the best pitchers in MLB, and was dominant.

It happens.

I agree that they are not consistent and are struggling offensively. There have been signs of life though. Ben will let them play and make a move, if needed, in July.

I would temper your expectations of this years team though. I doubt EVERYTHING will fall their way again this year, but im sure they will compete.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Sox were almost no-hit a couple of times in last years's playoffs against dominant pitching. End result was pretty good, though.

Sections
Shortcuts