Whiny Red Sox Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Whiny Red Sox Fans

What the heck is going on here? It's as bad as I've ever seen. These arm chair GM suggestions are a joke. Look, this current ownership has delivered 3 W/S Championships in the last 10 years. I can tell you with 100% confidence they didn't do it by reading your posts. The worst to date is saying the combination of Gomes/Nava is equal to or better than Cespedes. Really!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Whiny Red Sox Fans

It's driven by Merloni--what a baby--can't admit this wasn't an outstanding trade for BenC.

If you got Ortiz, Nap and Xander together and swore secrecy--they would be jumping for joy--getting a talent like Cespedes--finallya bat to extend the order. 

Now if you are BenC--extend Lackey and keep him as your experienced anchor.

Trade Buch, cash and ? WMB or Carp   to Houston for a good AA or AAA pitching prospect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

This has been one of the more painful seasons, and I bear up well under the negatives.

But there has been so little offense that a one run lead, as in 1-0, is a true obstacle for this offense to overcome.  We could always expect that the Sox could comeback from 6 and 7 run defficits ... There was so little hope in that department this year.   Cespedes will be a welcome addition to the offense.

I'll miss Lester like nobodies' business.  But JHenry has made his case and has stuck to his guns.  

Three rings in 10 seasons ... I think we still should give them credit for trying things their way.  FOR NOW.

4 4 11    ....   figure it out.  

Hint, 3 4 10.

Go SOX!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the heck is going on here? It's as bad as I've ever seen. These arm chair GM suggestions are a joke. Look, this current ownership has delivered 3 W/S Championships in the last 10 years. I can tell you with 100% confidence they didn't do it by reading your posts. The worst to date is saying the combination of Gomes/Nava is equal to or better than Cespedes. Really!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I am glad that Cespedes is going to bring us another WS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

We have to remember that the whine factor is not actually representative of actual sox fan behavior.  I know a whole bunch of die-hard manic sox fans and, yes, they (we) get overly emotional about all-things sox.  but this level of whiney douchery is strictly about the nature of internet communication.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i dont understand what sox fans are upset about, ben has done really well in all 3 trades made. He got the giants #2 prospect (escobar) and a young pen guy who some view as a future closer (hembree) for peavy who was giving us little value and was making a ton. He then trade lester and gomes (glad to see him gone) for cespedes who gives us a much need middle of the order bat in the prime of his career, and lets not forget, we can still sign lester as a free agent. It makes a lot of sense to deal him now when we have no shot at making the playoffs and get someone like cespedes and then resign him in the offseason as he has said he would come back here even if he is traded. And it was noted by tom caron I believe that the sox wanted to trade lester to a team that they felt would not be able to sign him long term, so the A’s were a perfect fit. Ben then traded lackey who is 35 yrs old, and will likely not play next year for 500k for 26 year old joe kelly who had a really good year last year and allen craig who was an all-star last year and can play the corner outfield spots as well as 1B/2B/and 3B. The offense is now set for next year and the offseason can be used to focus on pitching. If we sign lester and then use our wealth of prospects to acquire someone like hamels, I like our chances. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i dont understand what sox fans are upset about, ben has done really well in all 3 trades made. He got the giants #2 prospect (escobar) and a young pen guy who some view as a future closer (hembree) for peavy who was giving us little value and was making a ton. He then trade lester and gomes (glad to see him gone) for cespedes who gives us a much need middle of the order bat in the prime of his career, and lets not forget, we can still sign lester as a free agent. It makes a lot of sense to deal him now when we have no shot at making the playoffs and get someone like cespedes and then resign him in the offseason as he has said he would come back here even if he is traded. And it was noted by tom caron I believe that the sox wanted to trade lester to a team that they felt would not be able to sign him long term, so the A’s were a perfect fit. Ben then traded lackey who is 35 yrs old, and will likely not play next year for 500k for 26 year old joe kelly who had a really good year last year and allen craig who was an all-star last year and can play the corner outfield spots as well as 1B/2B/and 3B. The offense is now set for next year and the offseason can be used to focus on pitching. If we sign lester and then use our wealth of prospects to acquire someone like hamels, I like our chances. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not disappointed.

I share the OP's disgust though...way too many crybabies on this boston.com forum.  It is indeed embarrassing to see Red Sox 'fans' throwing tantrums.