Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

BDC has a poll regarding which new additions to the Boston sports scene earned their keep last year.  Nearly 91% said Crawford wasn't worth the money last year.  But 9% said he was.

Who are the 9%?

Are they people who meant to click No but hit Yes by accident?  Are they Crawford's relatives and close friends?

Crawford's performance last year wasn't just bad because he made a lot of money.  It was just a bad season.

9 percenters - come forth and defend your vote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

who cares...it's over move on...lets hope he has a better season...it's people like you that keeps dragging this crawford crap along...move on from it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I don't recall such a poll on here. I would like to see the exact wording of the question. Have a link?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    BDC has a poll regarding which new additions to the Boston sports scene earned their keep last year.  Nearly 91% said Crawford wasn't worth the money last year.  But 9% said he was. Who are the 9%? Are they people who meant to click No but hit Yes by accident?  Are they Crawford's relatives and close friends? Crawford's performance last year wasn't just bad because he made a lot of money.  It was just a bad season. 9 percenters - come forth and defend your vote.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Like your board name says, you like to wallow in dirty water.  In the words of Jim Morrison, "No time to wallow in the mire."   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Maybe he is emulating the old poster named GickChum. More recently there was a GreenappleSplatters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is correct about the season is all over!!

Let worry about the 2012 season!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Wow - such nastiness so close to Christmas.  Maybe people should take a look at the Home Page of BDC once in a while.

http://www.boston.com/sports/photogallery/worth_it_or_not/?p1=Well_Sports_links

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's up to 11%.  I think you should dedicate the rest of your Christmas vacation into how and why 11% voted yes.

I can't beleive people bother with these things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

How many MLB players earned their salaries in 2011?? With the huge salaries and guaranteed contracts, some earned every penny of it, but not all....maybe not even most. That said, if the actors, who can't, make what they do, the athletes more than earn their money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    BDC has a poll regarding which new additions to the Boston sports scene earned their keep last year.  Nearly 91% said Crawford wasn't worth the money last year.  But 9% said he was. Who are the 9%? Are they people who meant to click No but hit Yes by accident?  Are they Crawford's relatives and close friends? Crawford's performance last year wasn't just bad because he made a lot of money.  It was just a bad season. 9 percenters - come forth and defend your vote.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

I voted yes (to this poll that apparently existed).  He is paid to entertain, to take peoples minds off of daily cares.  And his 2011 blunders and underwhelming play kept millions of fans in righteous indignation, judgement, and child-like fury over his assaying of a child's game all summer and now well into the off-season.  Who could think of their own trials and tribulations when their was Carl Crawford to scorn, diride, jeer, boo and hiss at?  He earned his money in spades.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I didn't vote, but Carl Crawford showed up for work every day when he was healthy and reportedly made reasonable efforts to contribute. The results simply were not there for Crawford in 2011.

I doubt Crawford's has a provision that requires that he achieve certain performance levels to get paid. Therefore, Crawford earned his salary in 2011.

As a sidenote, did the Red Sox compensate Jacoby Ellsbury enough with his 2011 salary of $2.5 million?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

it's all subjective really....but all things considered, NO he didn't earn the money.  9% is so low though it could really account for the percentage of people who felt like voting yes just to make others scratch there heads....hence this thread....mission accomplished.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like CC and could care less how much he is being overpaid...arent they all???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    i like CC and could care less how much he is being overpaid...arent they all???
    Posted by georom4

i love that we have CC on our team...and i agree with you 100%

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    it's all subjective really....but all things considered, NO he didn't earn the money.  9% is so low though it could really account for the percentage of people who felt like voting yes just to make others scratch there heads....hence this thread....mission accomplished.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

I was going to say the same thing, but even that seemed like a waste of time.  It could be that one of the 11 voters was a NYY fan, or maybe it was CC, or maybe someone with bad vision.

But I think that Dirty Water should find out who that voter is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The better question to have asked would be " Did Carl Crawford live up to your expectations?" My guess is that 100% would say no.

The question about $$$ money earned or not is entirely too subjective. One could easily say that every player in MLB is overpayed when a great teacher, social worker, or pastor only makes $50 - 100 thousand per year.

What we expect out of a player is based on hype by the media, our expectations, our optimism, prior stats, and assumptions that prior stats will project forward. The problem is that there are no guarantees in life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

another question to ask may be...will he live up to his salary in 2011.

I'm sure most fans asnwers will be something like this.  I think Carl Crawford will bounce back and have a great year, but I just don't see him earning that kinda money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

True, if one wants to get into the game of guessing how much every player should have made last year. Was Jason Bay who had a worse year than Crawford worth $18 mil? One could go from team to team and find many players that were overpayed. What Boston fans were most disturbed about is that Crawford did not live up to perceived expectations rather than if he was worth $22 mil., $18 mil., or $12 mil.

JD Drew never lived up to my expectations but I never felt the need to run to the forum day after day and regurgitate that opinion over and over again. I assumed that everyone was disappointed and need only say it once.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : i love that we have CC on our team...and i agree with you 100%
    Posted by raider3524

I also like Crawford and expect him to have a good season next year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

WE the 91% demand that Crawford start contributing more than such a small percentage to the offense of this great team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

WE the 91% demand that Crawford start contributing more than such a small percentage to the offense of this great team.

Will you make a parallel demand that Jacoby Ellsbury reduce his on-field contributions to correspond with his 2012 salary?

Each party to a contract assumes the risk that the party will reap fewer benefits from the contract than the other party.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

So 91% responded to a stupid question. The problem was the stupid question.  100 % are unhappy with Crawford last year compared to their perceived expectations. WOW, what a huge surprise. Why are we discussing this? EXTRA, EXTRA, SOX FANS are disappointed with Crawford in 2011.If the question is about expectations then you are 100% correct.

What annoys me on the forum is why so many make the assumption that Crawford will continue to disappoint. Where are the facts? Why the illogical assumptions that he will? Does every player that has an off-year doomed for the rest of his contract? Is the illogical projection of one bad year a tonic for forum trolls? Do the trolls feed upon this to irritate and annoy others? Some posters are obvious trolls and others are naive or just plain ignorant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I must admit that I am not part of the 9% but I did like his effort.  I know that managers and players will always take the high road but I don't remember seeing CC not run out a ball, not go after a ball or just laugh and not give a crap after a poor at bat or play in the field.  My concern with CC is simple...are you going to be a  stubborn player and not try to make adjustments to improve.  Isn't the old saying something like "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"  I hope he isn't insane.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : So 91% responded to a stupid question. The problem was the stupid question.  100 % are unhappy with Crawford last year compared to their perceived expectations. WOW, what a huge surprise. Why are we discussing this? EXTRA, EXTRA, SOX FANS are disappointed with Crawford in 2011.If the question is about expectations then you are 100% correct. What annoys me on the forum is why so many make the assumption that Crawford will continue to disappoint. Where are the facts? Why the illogical assumptions that he will? Does every player that has an off-year doomed for the rest of his contract? Is the illogical projection of one bad year a tonic for forum trolls? Do the trolls feed upon this to irritate and annoy others? Some posters are obvious trolls and others are naive or just plain ignorant.
    Posted by UticaClub

I feel compassion for someone as unhappy as you appear to be.

May the warmth of friendship and love embrace you this holiday season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I live near Houston now, and have seen stories on Crawford's offseason workout regime. I'm not sure if anyone works harder than CC. Let's hope it all "pays" off in 2012.

Sections
Shortcuts