Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

Geo hit it.
    Is anyone who is awarded a huge contract really 'worth' the money?  With The amounts being so absurd how can anyone place value on it?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

unless you're paying CC's salary, I don't think you can complain that much...the guy doesn't loaf...he cares about doing well...you can even make a case saying that he cared too much to impress...his numbers were off...as was his fielding at times...just a downer year but let's give him one more before he replaces Drew & Lackey as our pinata.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    [QUOTE]BDC has a poll regarding which new additions to the Boston sports scene earned their keep last year.  Nearly 91% said Crawford wasn't worth the money last year.  But 9% said he was. Who are the 9%? Are they people who meant to click No but hit Yes by accident?  Are they Crawford's relatives and close friends? Crawford's performance last year wasn't just bad because he made a lot of money.  It was just a bad season. 9 percenters - come forth and defend your vote.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

If 9% can keep you up all night wondering then i would say your 91% stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    [QUOTE]BDC has a poll regarding which new additions to the Boston sports scene earned their keep last year.  Nearly 91% said Crawford wasn't worth the money last year.  But 9% said he was. Who are the 9%? Are they people who meant to click No but hit Yes by accident?  Are they Crawford's relatives and close friends? Crawford's performance last year wasn't just bad because he made a lot of money.  It was just a bad season. 9 percenters - come forth and defend your vote.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    Probably all OWS people, as they will look at him as something other than big business.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Stupid survey. 100% are disappointed in Crawford's 2011 performance including Carl. Where is the beef? Please tell us something that we don't know already

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    [QUOTE]Stupid survey. 100% are disappointed in Crawford's 2011 performance including Carl. Where is the beef? Please tell us something that we don't know already
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

OK, something you don't know....you're the most despised poster here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 :  OK, something you don't know....you're the most despised poster here.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Once again avoiding the question. There is no story about Crawford on this forum. We are all disappointed in his 2011 performance. Next question?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox1489. Show bosox1489's posts

Post like this is WHY many GOOD PLAYERS Don't want to come to play for the Red Sox. Boston is a tough place to play. The expectation are high above the normal bar.

Crawford is a proven player, speed, avg. def. class club house player.

What many people don't understand is that these guys are so afraid of lettting fans down they will go out and play hurt even if it hurts their numbers.

Did he earn his 2010 salary? NO... That would be like saying Congress is doing a go Job... LOL they have a lower % of approval rating...

Damon didn't do as well as we hope his 1st year, not as bad as Crawford, but he got much better and as we can see now it was a mistake letting him go...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Aha, but the question is

Did Pavano earn his Yankee salary?

Is Tom Hanks worth $12 mil. per movie?

Should women tennis players get paid the same as men for playing three sets instead of five?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I have less problem with the 9 percent than I do with some of the other categories where it should have been 100 percent earning the money -- some of the Bruins on the list and IMO Andre Carter -- who had 3 percent (give or take) saying they didn't earn the money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 :  OK, something you don't know....you're the most despised poster here.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

And some posters here think Zac who, admittedly, is here to tell posters what they're allowed to say, and puts up pics of other people children and photoshops them into abusive posts is a great guy. What's your point?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR, I think it's refreshing to see posters defending Carl on this thread, and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Yes, he had a bad season his first year on a new team. Yes, he had some problems with the Green Monster in LF -- not unlike other players. I'm willing to give him an adjustment period for both.

I would absolutely love for him to come back in 2012, and shut all the crybabies up. That would be awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : And some posters here think Zac who, admittedly, is here to tell posters what they're allowed to say, and puts up pics of other people children and photoshops them into abusive posts is a great guy. What's your point?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I guess you're in the 9% that doesn't like zac.  You and UticaClub.  What esteemed company. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : And some posters here think Zac who, admittedly, is here to tell posters what they're allowed to say, and puts up pics of other people children and photoshops them into abusive posts is a great guy. What's your point?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I guess you're in the 9% that doesn't like zac.  You and UticaClub.  What esteemed company. 

Oh, and by the way, zac, am I allowed to say what I just did above?   I'm sorry I didn't consult you first before posting.  And, while you're at it, can you please put up some more pics of other people's children photoshopped into abusive posts.  Us 91 percenters can never get enough of them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Aha, but the question is Did Pavano earn his Yankee salary? Is Tom Hanks worth $12 mil. per movie? Should women tennis players get paid the same as men for playing three sets instead of five?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Speaking of rhetorical questions, I've submitted responses to Tracy Chapman's questions from the song "Why?"

Why do the babies starve
    When there's enough food to feed the world

A bit of a complex distribution issue you might say.  And while there may be enough peanut butter sandwich rations and permanent shelf-life Hostess treats to sustain generations of starving children, will Skippy and Tweenkies sustain the soul?  Just food (if you call it that) for thought.

Why when there are so many of us
    Are there people still alone

First of all, there might be so many of us in the first place because we feed so many starving children.  Kind of a Catch22 you might say.   As far as the people still alone part, consider that some of us make that a choice - at least sometimes.  And think about it, would you really want to spend any time with someone like poster HankWilliams?  Somehow I get the feeling that the two of you wouldn't hit it off.  It's likely he would quickly wear out even the most like-minded, tolerant, and forgiving among us. 

Why are the missiles called peace keepers
    When they're aimed to kill

Yes, it's obvious that calling them "babykillers" would not be helpful for defense appropriations committees.

Why is a woman still not safe
    When she's in her home

I'm going to tread more carefully here.  I think of the old joke, "Doctor, Doctor, it hurts everytime I go like this..." and the Doctor responds, "Well, don't go like that!"  Now I realize the complexities of emotions are not so easily untangled, and I don't mean to belittle some poor woman's desperate ordeal, but consider the doctor's advice and think about moving to a safe home if you at all have that option. 

http://youtu.be/g4bBff9aBRw

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : I guess you're in the 9% that doesn't like zac.  You and UticaClub.  What esteemed company. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Anyone else who didn't like Zac has already been run off the board by Zac. That's convenient. You could, technically, include me in that group as I was also run off the board by Zac as well in 2010. But, much to his dismay I came back.

Btw, the whole west coast "Kimster" (your name for me) and "Zacster" (Boom's name for Zac) is really entertaining when you think about it. :)

Forums are interesting places, aren't they?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Anyone else who didn't like Zac has already been run off the board by Zac. That's convenient. Btw, the whole westcoast "Kimster" (your name for me) and "Zacster" (Boom's name for Zac) is really entertaining when you think about it. :) Forums are interesting places, aren't they? You both coming in at the same time to support Zac is admirable. If supporting Zac was admirable, of course.

Need I say more?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Need I say more?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steve, as usual you copied my post right after it was posted. You should read my post again. You give zero time for anyone to even look at their post before responding. Or, I should probably say my posts. It won't be further edited now that you've read it.

All you have to do is sense an ambush against a Sox fan and you're there. Find a Yankee board and go after any Sox fans there. It might make up for the fact that you say you find Yankee forums boring. Probably not enough prey for you there. Your post is a perfect example of what I mean about Yankee fans policing this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Anyone else who didn't like Zac has already been run off the board by Zac. That's convenient. You could, technically, include me in that group as I was also run off the board by Zac as well in 2010. But, much to his dismay I came back. Btw, the whole west coast "Kimster" (your name for me) and "Zacster" (Boom's name for Zac) is really entertaining when you think about it. :) Forums are interesting places, aren't they?

Hactually, Kimster, I believe the whole "ster" thang comes from a Rob Schneider character from Saturday Night Live.

Schneider was hired at Saturday Night Live in 1988. His best known recurring character[citation needed] was "Richard Laymer," an office worker whose desk was stuck beside the photocopier, and who addressed each of his fellow employees with an endless stream of annoying nicknames. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Hactually, Kim ster , I believe the whole "ster" thang comes from a Rob Schneider character from Saturday Night Live . Schneider was hired at Saturday Night Live in 1988. His best known recurring character [ citation needed ] was " Richard Laymer," an office worker whose desk was stuck beside the photocopier, and who addressed each of his fellow employees with an endless stream of annoying nicknames .  

I know all about SNL. I've been there a number of times when I was in Manhattan. I don't believe your posts have anything to do with that. Your Zac appreciation posts are a detriment to this board, and probably why new posters to this board have had a problem here. His "everyone thinks this" or "eveyone thinks that" posts probably had more of a effect on new posters here that are invisible to the main posters. No one is invisible to me.

He has a Yankee fan base behind him rooting him on. Old timers here, like you, fall for his BS, and find him endearing. Not a chance I'm winding up in that category.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : I know all about SNL. I've been there a number of times when I was in Manhattan. I don't believe your posts have anything to do with that. Your Zac appreciation posts are a detriment to this board, and probably why new posters to this board have had a problem here. His "everyone thinks this" or "eveyone thinks that" posts probably had more of a effect on new posters here that are invisible to the main posters. No one is invisible to me. He has a Yankee fan base behind him rooting him on. Old timers here, like you, fall for his BS, and find him endearing. Not a chance I'm winding up in that category.

Well, if zac is really writing posts that are invisible, I probably haven't given him enough credit then.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Well, if zac is really writing posts that are invisible, I probably haven't given him enough credit then.   

Go for it. I'm good. I haven't had this much fun since you called Beni your favorite punching bag. I love "Sox" fans like you.

And feel free to bring your "friends".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Go for it. I'm good. I haven't had this much fun since you called Beni your favorite punching bag. I love "Sox" fans like you. And feel free to bring your "friends".

Hactually, it was Smiley-Beni that first said I was his favorite punching bag.  He was right though, so I borrowed his words quite often after that.  He deserves all the credit. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Hactually, it was Smiley-Beni that first said I was his favorite punching bag.  He was right though, so I borrowed his words quite often after that.  He deserves all the credit. 

Nonsense. You were proud of it, and talked about it constantly.

And no one was Beni's punching bag. He never spoke about posters, only players on the Yankees. Apparently, he was more mature than you and your pals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Nonsense.

Now, now, Kimster.  I swear (or as much as bdc will allow me to), Beni used the expression first and deserves all the credit. 

You were proud of it, and talked about it constantly.

I am still proud of it, and I don't mind boasting about it again. 

And no one was Beni's punching bag.

True.  No one was Beni's punching bag.  As he first said, and I which I later corroborated repeatedly, Beni was my punching bag. 

He never spoke about posters, only players on the Yankees. Apparently, he was more mature than you and your pals.

Beni did make some bizarre claims about players on the Yankees, even after they would kick the Red Sox's azzes in a series.  I guess if that's your litmus test for maturity, I concede defeat, although this post is more evidence that I was doomed from the start for any consideration about my maturation.