Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011

Maybe only Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia, Marco Scutaro, Alfredo Aceves, Daniel Bard and Jonathan Papelbon earned their Contracts for the 2011 Season. That does not mean that Carl Crawford, Kevin Youkilis, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, Alfred Aceves and Daniel Bard won't earn their Contracts in 2012 and if they do, very likely Red Sox will be playihg in postseason again. That is what it is all about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:
    In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Steve, as usual you copied my post right after it was posted. You should read my post again. You give zero time for anyone to even look at their post before responding. Or, I should probably say my posts. It won't be further edited now that you've read it. All you have to do is sense an ambush against a Sox fan and you're there. Find a Yankee board and go after any Sox fans there. It might make up for the fact that you say you find Yankee forums boring. Probably not enough prey for you there. Your post is a perfect example of what I mean about Yankee fans policing this forum.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

No, I got your usual hostile fandom fueled fiction, and didn't know I was supposed to let it simmer. Sorry I didn't follow your cooking directions. 

And, BTW, you are IMO the ultimate policer, telwhatdodoer, slanderer, and ambusher. Hypocrisy reigns in kimland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Now, now, Kimster. I swear (or as much as bdc will allow me to), Beni used the expression first and deserves all the credit.

You were proud of it, and talked about it constantly.

I am still proud of it, and I don't mind boasting about it again.

And no one was Beni's punching bag.

True. No one was Beni's punching bag. As he first said, and I which I later corroborated repeatedly, Beni was my punching bag.

He never spoke about posters, only players on the Yankees. Apparently, he was more mature than you and your pals.

Beni did make some bizarre claims about players on the Yankees, even after they would kick the Red Sox's azzes in a series. I guess if that's your litmus test for maturity, I concede defeat, although this post is more evidence that I was doomed from the start for any consideration about my maturation.  --- LMR
    ---------------------------------------------

Seriously, what would you know about litmus tests for maturity? You're the most immature poster on this board, and I don't even think you would argue with that. Even all your Zac-loving pals from Trufan would agree on that. Anyone who finds his posts interesting should just look up the words "google" and "twitter". They might fall in love all over again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011:

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : No, I got your usual hostile fandom fueled fiction, and didn't know I was supposed to let it simmer. Sorry I didn't follow your cooking directions.  And, BTW, you are IMO the ultimate policer, telwhatdodoer, slanderer, and ambusher. Hypocrisy reigns in kimland.
    Posted by nhsteven

It's amazing how Yankee fans here always have eachother's backs. You're like a gang. lol  I've never seen any of you say anything negative about each other, but, yet, you all feel free to go after the Sox fans here. Camaraderie reigns in your world. Makes you wonder why you find Yankee boards so boring.

Happy Sox policing holidays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : It's amazing how Yankee fans here always have eachother's backs. You're like a gang. lol  I've never seen any of you say anything negative about each other, but, yet, you all feel free to go after the Sox fans here. Camaraderie reigns in your world. Makes you wonder why you find Yankee boards so boring. Happy Sox policing holidays.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Great post kimsaysthis.  This board is so clicky it's a joke.  You have the Know it Alls, The Trolls, The Troll sympathizers, The Cling-On's who try to attach themselves to a click, those of us who love the Sox and arn't afraid to speak our minds and of course Pike (just kidding Utica).

Merry Christmas All!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Pike is called a troll because he likes to spot and identify trolling and trolls. Those who call him a troll have been shown the fefinition of trolling numerous times and fail to understand it. Calling Pike a troll is like calling the police criminals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : It's amazing how Yankee fans here always have eachother's backs. You're like a gang. lol  I've never seen any of you say anything negative about each other, but, yet, you all feel free to go after the Sox fans here. Camaraderie reigns in your world. Makes you wonder why you find Yankee boards so boring. Happy Sox policing holidays.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

This is exactly what you do. More fiction and hypocrisy. And FWIW, my debates/run ins with fans has had little to do with loyalty. The only time you have a run in with a Sox poster is when, like the Orwellian thought police, you accuse them of being a closet Yankee fan; IMO a false accusation at least 90 % of the time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Pike is called a troll because he likes to spot and identify trolling and trolls. Those who call him a troll have been shown the fefinition of trolling numerous times and fail to understand it. Calling Pike a troll is like calling the police criminals.
    Posted by UticaClub

Police get called lots of bad names. So do you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Christmas Christmas Time is Here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Enough with all of this accusation nonsense. No poster here is in charge of this board and in a position to accuse others of anything. This board should be just for baseball discussions. Too many of the legitimate discussions go off track with name calling and accusations. How about sticking to baseball for a change.  Oh yeah, Merry Christmas everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I am not worried about whether he was 'WORTH HIS SALARY"

When are we going to realize he accepted an outworldly offer.  HE DIDN'T insist on it, for Pete's sake.  He was OFFERED it. 

It's time we stop holding it against Crawford and look forward to what he can add to the team.

Surely, somewhere there must be a sensible awareness of this.  How long will it take before you fiugre this out.  Stop being angry at Crawford because his agent found the goose that laid a golden egg.

Sheeeees ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I am not worried about whether he was 'WORTH HIS SALARY"    When are we going to realize he accepted an outworldly offer.  HE DIDN'T insist on it, for Pete's sake.  He was OFFERED it.     It's time we stop holding it against Crawford and look forward to what he can add to the team.   Surely, somewhere there must be a sensible awareness of this.  How long will it take before you fiugre this out.  Stop being angry at Crawford because his agent found the goose that laid a golden egg.   Sheeeees ....
    Posted by SinceYaz

You're right. However, he DID seem like he was pressing last yr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Crawford did everything asked of him.  He had some discomforts with the way he was being used and, truthfully, I don't think anyone sat down with him to calm the waters and get his buy-in.

Really. 

And now Bobby V is the manager and Crawford is avoiding him because of some things that were said on ESPN. Yikes.

Red Sox have totally mishandled this offseason - from allowing the compensation from the Cubs to go missing, to taking too much time to get a manager, and now this. 

Can we please get on with the business of building a bridge to 2013?

But I digress.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Calling Pike a troll is like calling the police criminals.

How about calling criminals" the police"?

Try living in Mexico for over 4 years like I did... by the way...

Police Navidad!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : Great post kimsaysthis.  This board is so clicky it's a joke.  You have the Know it Alls, The Trolls, The Troll sympathizers, The Cling-On's who try to attach themselves to a click, those of us who love the Sox and arn't afraid to speak our minds and of course Pike (just kidding Utica). Merry Christmas All!
    Posted by tcal2-

Thanks, Tcal. Don't forget the Trufan clique. The most powerful posters on the board.:) I have to admit, I was queen of a clique in HS, until someone came up to me and told me off saying that some people were invisible to me. I was shocked I was perceived that way. I had no idea. I think you could probably descibe me at the time more as self-absorbed than intentionally not caring about anyone else. My world did revolve around me and my friends. Whatever. It changed the way I looked at everyone after that. This person doesn't know they actually did me a favor. No one has been invisible to me since that day.

If anyone comes here to go after posters, and they think they can get away with it because of their friends here, I'm definitely going to say something. No question. And Pike seems cool. He's definitely a huge Sox fan, and knows a lot about baseball among other things.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 9% that think Crawford earned his salary in 2011 : You're right. However, he DID seem like he was pressing last yr.
    Posted by nhsteven

Merry Christmasm Steve!

I agree that he was pressing.  I think that really want to impress our rabid lot.  We are - I am - rabid about the Red Sox.  But I also want him and them to do well.  I hope he can feel our support and not our negatives ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This is exactly what you do. More fiction and hypocrisy. And FWIW, my debates/run ins with fans has had little to do with loyalty. The only time you have a run in with a Sox poster is when, like the Orwellian thought police, you accuse them of being a closet Yankee fan; IMO a false accusation at least 90 % of the time. --- Nhsteven
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Stop treating this board like an interrogation room. You, a Yankee fan living in NH, weren't even curious what Yankee fans were saying about your team. You said you never went to a Yankee board and just decided to post here. lol Then you said you did go once, but it was boring. You know why you probably found it boring? Because there was no one to interrogate, and also because they wouldn't be open to interrogation there. You decided this is where you belonged in the baseball world. FTR there are no Sox fans on any Yankee board telling them what they can say, and giving them rebuttles to EVERY, even slight, comment they make. NO WAY. They would kick your butt so far off that board you wouldn't even remember what your screenname was to begin with.

You're still trying to make this an "all teams" board by attacking posters calling them bias and homers, and saying they're wearing rose-colored glasses. Here's a news flash...you're on a Sox board with Sox fans. Fans are allowed to be homers here. How you have been able to do this for so many years astounds me. I can see rival teams' fans coming here just to chat or offer an opinion about the Sox (see Jete), but your overall dominance over any comment anyone has to say is unrivaled on any team board. It's an arrogance that some members of the EE feel entitled to, and, unfortunately, Sox fans wind up in it's path.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

IF CRAWFORS WAS REALLY ANY GOOD HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO PRESS ALL SEASON LONG. LOOK AT HIS CAREER NUMBERS, THEY ARE NOT ALL THAT GOOD. HE NEVER HAD NOR WILL HE EVER MATCH 2011'S YEAR BY ELLESBURY - NOW THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crawford always works hard, even in the offseason. 

It's not his fault he's overpaid and the contract will cripple his team for years to come.

Even with 7 repeats of 2010's season, he wasn't worth $142M, but don't blame him for not trying or over-trying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

i was

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" What annoys me on the forum is why so many make the assumption that Crawford will continue to disappoint."

Actually there are many, many, many things that annoy you about this forum. Many many quirks that drive you just a bit nuts, nuts enough to....log back in and check on the forum again! 

Perhaps at some point you'll want to just have a baseball debate with some imperfect peeps that don't agree with each other. Forums feed off silly posts, especially in the offseason. 

On the baseball topic at hand clearly Crawford year two is going to tell the tale of that contract. A fun subplot is that Valentine and Crawford haven't spoken since V criticized his stance on TV. To me that's a lot more interesting than polling quirks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well guys I think he can turn it around... I still think Tito hurt more than helped by putting him in the most unimportant spot in the line-up (7th). If I can forget about the money and Carl does his usual than sure it is a good thing. However if we cannot sign better players because his contract is in the way it will be Drew II all over again - and the criticism just or not will be intense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Well guys I think he can turn it around... I still think Tito hurt more than helped by putting him in the most unimportant spot in the line-up (7th). If I can forget about the money and Carl does his usual than sure it is a good thing. However if we cannot sign better players because his contract is in the way it will be Drew II all over again - and the criticism just or not will be intense.
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito,

It is in our best interest to attempt to persuade those who ARE unjust in their criticism to ease off.  I know it rarely helps, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying.

The possibility of not signing better players again falls on the FO's shoulders, not Crawford's.

But consider this: 

1)  LAA signs Crawford for $122 million and 5 or 6 years (I don't remember the term).  They get the LF compliment to Torii Hunter ....

2)  Sox save a boat load of cash.  To get whom?

Albert Pujols?     1bman ...but we have one.  I know Albert is better, but not enough to invest the big bucks again at first.  (Begs the question, do we then trade Adrian and eat his contract anyway??)

Prince Fielder?     1bman...but we have one.

Mets/Marlins SS Reyes?   Always injured ... like our Nomah.  So not a great investment.

Matt Holliday(speaking in the time frame he and Reyes were available, of course)?  More big money

Or go after big pitchers ...Lee?  He wouldn't have come here.  Which other pitching FAs would you risk big bucks on???

Or would the $20 million a season be better parsed out to several lesser pitchers/players?   White Sox just signed Danks for about $15 mill a seasoon....DANKS!

Time to realize that maybe Carl was the best option at the time.  Maybe for a dollar or two less, but still.

Not to mention that NOT spending this season leaves money in the bank for our man Ellsbury NEXT season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This is exactly what you do. More fiction and hypocrisy. And FWIW, my debates/run ins with fans has had little to do with loyalty. The only time you have a run in with a Sox poster is when, like the Orwellian thought police, you accuse them of being a closet Yankee fan; IMO a false accusation at least 90 % of the time. --- Nhsteven -------------------------------------------------------------- Stop treating this board like an interrogation room. You, a Yankee fan living in NH, weren't even curious what Yankee fans were saying about your team. You said you never went to a Yankee board and just decided to post here. lol Then you said you did go once, but it was boring. You know why you probably found it boring? Because there was no one to interrogate, and also because they wouldn't be open to interrogation there. You decided this is where you belonged in the baseball world. FTR there are no Sox fans on any Yankee board telling them what they can say, and giving them rebuttles to EVERY, even slight, comment they make. NO WAY. They would kick your butt so far off that board you wouldn't even remember what your screenname was to begin with.   You're still trying to make this an "all teams" board by attacking posters calling them bias and homers, and saying they're wearing rose-colored glasses. Here's a news flash...you're on a Sox board with Sox fans. Fans are allowed to be homers here. How you have been able to do this for so many years astounds me. I can see rival teams' fans coming here just to chat or offer an opinion about the Sox (see Jete), but your overall dominance over any comment anyone has to say is unrivaled on any team board. It's an arrogance that some members of the EE feel entitled to, and, unfortunately, Sox fans wind up in it's path.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Sorry, kim, you're full of it, for a change. The interrogation room comment is more of the same from you; considering this is just what you do. The rest of it was just over the top high brow catharsis - must have tickled a funny bone (If you could call it that, lol). Regardless, I have plenty of civil conversations here, and I don't know anybody on those other boards, because I wasn't there long enough. I started here because I was a Globe subscriber, and did not participate in forums before, and it became a creature of habit for me, as I've said multiple times in the past.

When it comes to other things in life, and based on your non-baseball comments, it appears you're just lovely. However, here, you are just one delusional, twisted, poor sportsmanship oriented, hateful person, and I'm not going to fall for your arm twisting garbage. You demonize zac, not one of my favorite posters anyway, although certainly not a monster, yet approve of pike, including the horrific trufan episode, that for example claimed I was a jailed martial arts instructor (and which got him banned for the moment); scary stuff.  This board is apparently just not good for you. 

Sections
Shortcuts