Who are we rooting for (10/9 and 10/10)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Who are we rooting for (10/9 and 10/10)

I think I'd like to see Pittsburgh and Oakland win. BUT, I think Detroit would not be any challange given Cabrerra's ineffectiveness. But the NEW Sox vs. the OLD Sox JV's would be interesting. Bottom line will be Sox Vs Cardinals, and tons of media hype re/the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Who are we rooting for (10/9 and 10/10)

I am rooting for the Cardinals tonight and the Tigers tomorrow.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bucs tonight.  I got a bunch of Pittsburh peeps and I am so happy for them.  I want to see the magic ride continue.

As far as A's or Tigs, I honestly don't care.  Either will be really tough.  Bring whichever on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I always hate Stl., so Pittsburgh tonight and Im not sure about tommorow. Whoever. I can see pros and cons both ways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just for helping the Sox, I would like to see the A' s and Pirates win. I think the Tigers and Dodgers would be the hardest to beat in the ALCS and World Series. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Cards tonight.  I know one minor owner who will get me a Cardinals ticket if it's Sox/Cardinals.

Tomorrow I think I'll root for the Athletics because I fear them less.  This is crazy because the A's are a very good team and have played the Tigers tough.  I think the Sox beat either team in the ALCS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Just for helping the Sox, I would like to see the A' s and Pirates win. I think the Tigers and Dodgers would be the hardest to beat in the ALCS and World Series. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

same

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I always hate Stl., so Pittsburgh tonight and Im not sure about tommorow. Whoever. I cam see pros and cons both ways.

me, too and agree

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Tigers and Pirates. I think the A's would be tougher than the Tigers, though either would be a handful. We are better than either one though because our SP is so deep and our offense is better than either of them. And we have Koji.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Pittsburgh and Oakland.  Oakland because of the possibility of seeing a game there.  I managed to see Game 5 in the 2003 ALDC.  A classic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Pittsburgh and Oakland.  Oakland because of the possibility of seeing a game there.  I managed to see Game 5 in the 2003 ALDC.  A classic.

was it ever, Sheriff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I am rooting for the Cardinals tonight and the Tigers tomorrow.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Same here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I agree with the Pirates and Oakland.The best thing is,whoever wins between Oakland and Detroit,has to make the l-o-n-g cross country trip to face Boston.There's been quite a bit of travelling between going from Oakland to Detroit,back to Oakland and then to the East coast.The Red Sox are at home resting and waiting to see who they play.That gives some of the aches and pains a chance to heal.I think that gives the Sox a pretty good advantage for at least the first game,maybe the second too.

"Another day closer to the parade"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pirates and A's.  Probably both lose.  When it's not the Sox I usually hope for the underdog.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

you said the rays were trouble, you dont have a clue. red sox are not making thru tigs @ cards or dodgers, nl is better. better pray for bucs @ a's, but a's have a 41% chance of upsetting sox

41% is an extremely precise number.  Would you be able to let us know what source you derived that number from?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ArsenalTown =  pike.

= Nuts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ArsenalTown =  pike.

No kidding.  With a couple of pike-o-nyms springing up each day, this is getting to be like a science fiction movie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Bucs tonight.  I got a bunch of Pittsburh peeps and I am so happy for them.  I want to see the magic ride continue.

As far as A's or Tigs, I honestly don't care.  Either will be really tough.  Bring whichever on!

Ditto. I grew up loving the  Pirates in the '70s ...  the Lumber and Lightning Gang, We Are Family, even back to Clemente's final  couple seasons. I'd love to see the Bucs keep rolling.

As for Detroit-A's, no mater ... whichever advances will be a big challenge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

was it ever, Sheriff

Were you there too, JBay?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

was it ever, Sheriff

Were you there too, JBay?

No, but I remember it like I was. Down 2-0 in the best of 5, and came back to win the next 3. Game 5 clinched it. Lead to the heartbreak of the ALCS, against the NYY. I've  always wondered, if it was worth it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Looks like the Pirates' ship is about to sink.  6-1 Cards, bottom 8

Sections
Shortcuts