Who are we rooting for (10/9 and 10/10)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Who are we rooting for (10/9 and 10/10)

In response to ArsenalTown's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ArsenalTown =  pike.

My mistake was saying " I am hoping for the best for the Red Sox"??? What in the hell is wrong with you J-Bay???  Do you work with the Globe? Are you Teresa?

ArsenalTown = KST = Pike

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ArsenalTown =  pike.

My mistake was saying " I am hoping for the best for the Red Sox"??? What in the hell is wrong with you J-Bay???  Do you work with the Globe? Are you Teresa?

ArsenalTown = KST = Pike

= Nuts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Cards tonight.  I know one minor owner who will get me a Cardinals ticket if it's Sox/Cardinals.

Tomorrow I think I'll root for the Athletics because I fear them less.  This is crazy because the A's are a very good team and have played the Tigers tough.  I think the Sox beat either team in the ALCS.

you said the rays were trouble, you dont have a clue. red sox are not making thru tigs @ cards or dodgers, nl is better. better pray for bucs @ a's, but a's have a 41% chance of upsetting sox

The Tigers might beat the Sox, but I would not be betting on them to do it. More than likely the Red Sox will remain the favorites to win the World Series as long as they are in it. With Verlander having to pitch tomorrow and Scherzer going yesterday the Tigers pitching will be in disarray while we have ours all lined up-in addition to HFA, which is huge. You might be right, but more than likely the Red Sox will be in the Big Dance.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One easy question for the you.  Why did Kimsaysthis get banned?  Go ask Teresa at  Hanafin@Globe.com or Hanafin@ Boston.com? I am sure that she will respond.  Kim never violated any BDC rule. Meanwhile Softlaw comes in here day after day and ruins the forum under multiple aliases and nobody reports him. Ask Teresa? 

An easier question: "who cares?" Meanwhile, my answer would be that "she" was probably banned because BDC knows "she" shares an ip adress with pike, who was banned at least three times this week. And this has exactly WHAT to do with who we're rooting for this week? #selfabsorbed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I rooted very hard for the Pirates tonight(Sorry they lost) I don't like the Dodgers but I will have to root for them over the Cards. Don't like the Cardinals. In the 80's they were the ultimate National League punch and judy astroturf baseball. I liked the fact that the 2004 team had a lot of power, but basically they think they are baseball heaven. I'm split between the A's and Tigers. My gut says the A's would be easier with the Tigers pitching but with Cabrera not 100% maybe they would be easier. Plus we have never played them before in a playoff so I'll pull slightly for them. Go Red Sox!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Yes it was worth it. 2003 was one of the most exiting years in Red Sox history. Negative writers like Richard Johnson and Howard Bryant called the season a disaster??? Huh??? They are my second favorite Red Sox team next to the 1990 team. And if we win game 7 Schilling doesn't come here, he goes to the Yanks or the Phillies. If we beat the Marlins Schilling absolutely would not have come here. He wanted to be the guy to break the curse. (Which I'm greatful he did)

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Pittsburgh and Oakland.  Oakland because of the possibility of seeing a game there.  I managed to see Game 5 in the 2003 ALDC.  A classic.

was it ever, Sheriff

Were you there too, JBay?

No, but I remember it like I was. Down 2-0 in the best of 5, and came back to win the next 3. Game 5 clinched it. Lead to the heartbreak of the ALCS, against the NYY. I've  always wondered, if it was worth it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Cards tonight.  I know one minor owner who will get me a Cardinals ticket if it's Sox/Cardinals.

Tomorrow I think I'll root for the Athletics because I fear them less.  This is crazy because the A's are a very good team and have played the Tigers tough.  I think the Sox beat either team in the ALCS.

you said the rays were trouble, you dont have a clue. red sox are not making thru tigs @ cards or dodgers, nl is better. better pray for bucs @ a's, but a's have a 41% chance of upsetting sox

The Tigers might beat the Sox, but I would not be bettingon them to do it. More than likely the Red Sox will remain the favorites to win the World Series as long as they are in it. With Verlander having to pitch tomorrow and Scherzer going yesterday the Tigers pitching will be in disarray while we have ours all lined up-in addition to HFA, which is huge. You might be right, but more than likely the Red Sox will be in the Big Dance.

PC...I have no preference of whom I think we can beat more easily but as you know, I live here & would like to attend the A's games here. But they are a feisty fighting club & it's mostly the Sox alumni players who make them so. We beat Detroit 20-4 in last game & their powerful offense in 2011 lost to SF Giants 0-4. Thereafter, I want LA so I can drive to tinseltown to see some games. We did beat them 2/3 but I know Kershaw did not pitch. I want C. Crawford to lose to us although I do fear Gonzo. St. Louis beat us in 1946 & 1967(yup I'm old enough to remember the earlier date loss) but we did beat them 4-0 in the magical 2004 year. In short, I fear none of them !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Yeah, tough draw either way.  Best teams are left though in both leagues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was disappointed to see the Pirate lose.  I really dislike St. Louis and didn't want to see them advance.  I believe that the Dodgers have a good chance of winning the series and really hope that they win it.  Tonight I believe that either team could win this game and since it is in Oakland I would give them a slight edge. 

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts