who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............

carl crawford or theo epstein?

btw, i saw where the angels resigned jared weaver for 5 years at 85 million.
    for almost the same money, theo signed slackey.
    does that also make you mad and/or disappointed?

there's an opening in chicago for a GM. would you be sad or happy if theo took that job?

i believe, based on einstein's free agent signings, john henry would release theo from his contract, if theo was interested in the cubs' position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............

Would love to see Theo offered Cubs job, but there is no way the Cubs are going to offer Theo. They will offer the Tampa gm or other gm that doesn't offer record setting player contracts based upon career high years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............:
    [QUOTE]carl crawford or theo epstein? btw, i saw where the angels resigned jared weaver for 5 years at 85 million. for almost the same money, theo signed slackey. does that also make you mad and/or disappointed? there's an opening in chicago for a GM. would you be sad or happy if theo took that job? i believe, based on einstein's free agent signings, john henry would release theo from his contract, if theo was interested in the cubs' position.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE] Yazzer, didn't you say that if he was the winning pitcher in that Yanks/Sox game that you would stop calling him Slackey??...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I'm mad at Pavano and Contreras for not signing with Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Just disappointed in Crawford. I always admired his brand of baseball and was hoping he would be a thorn to other teams and not still the Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

dissapointed but not mad....that would just dumb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am madder at Yazzer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]carl crawford or theo epstein? btw, i saw where the angels resigned jared weaver for 5 years at 85 million. for almost the same money, theo signed slackey. does that also make you mad and/or disappointed? there's an opening in chicago for a GM. would you be sad or happy if theo took that job? i believe, based on einstein's free agent signings, john henry would release theo from his contract, if theo was interested in the cubs' position.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Weaver is signing a contract extension in lieu of two years of arbitration.  If you want to make a comparison to Weaver, it should be Lester, Buchholz, Pedroia or Youk.

BTW, $85M is about what the Angels are paying for 4 years of Vernon Wells, who is making Carl Crawford look like Ted Williams.  Everybody has successes and failures - with Gonzalez, Salty, Aceves, Albers, maybe Miller, and the contributions from the farm (Reddick & maybe Lavarnway), I'm going to put the past year in the win column for Theo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Neither just yet YAZZER, when and if it goes on for a couple years like Crisp, Lugo and at times J.D. maybe but CC hasn't reached that point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

For all the talk about Crawford being a bust, here is his stat line since May 1...

.283 .315 .437 .752

and his career line ...

.293 .334 .440 .773

Realistically, how can you be disappointed in him?  It's not like money makes you a better hitter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............:
    [QUOTE]In Response to who are you madder at or more disappointed in............... : Yazzer, didn't you say that if he was the winning pitcher in that Yanks/Sox game that you would stop calling him Slackey??...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

no jete, i'll always call him slackey.
    and he beating the yankees should make you awfully embarrassed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in...............:
    [QUOTE]For all the talk about Crawford being a bust, here is his stat line since May 1... .283 .315 .437 .752 and his career line ... .293 .334 .440 .773 Realistically, how can you be disappointed in him?  It's not like money makes you a better hitter.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I agree slomag, Carl hasn't been horrible lately.  I do which Mags could convince him to shorten his stance a bit so he can get around on pitches a bit quicker but vets are vets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]For all the talk about Crawford being a bust, here is his stat line since May 1... .283 .315 .437 .752 and his career line ... .293 .334 .440 .773 Realistically, how can you be disappointed in him?  It's not like money makes you a better hitter.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

thanks for the stats; it just magnifies how large a fool theo einstein really is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in............... : no jete, i'll always call him slackey. and he beating the yankees should make you awfully embarrassed.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE] no, not at all, Lackey pitched well, deserved to win.. no excuses,Yanks just got beat..chalk it up to "on any given day"..... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in............... : no, not at all, Lackey pitched well, deserved to win.. no excuses,Yanks just got beat..chalk it up to "on any given day"..... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

gee jete,

don't get too controversial on this board, or they'll ban you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

You-Kill-Us. Your sick-bay commando tactics are becoming nauseating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]I'm mad at Pavano and Contreras for not signing with Boston.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you got Crawford instead for more money, even better!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Carl Crawford shares our disappointment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Theo isn't going anywhere but his capable assistant Ben Cherington may want to further his career in Chicago just like Jed Hoyer did in San Diego.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm mad at Yazzer for his continual negative postings, and I'm disappointed in myself for reading them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

A Serious answer to a less than Serious post. I am very disappointed with Crawford....and not like many others for his offensive(take that any of two ways) performance. I am truly disappointed with his lack of aggressiveness on the bases.....the fact that he doesnt bust it hard many times out of the box....and his defense in left field. I knew he didnt have agreat arm, but he was a guy who was supposed to get to everything and I havent seen that at all this year. Alot of guys press when they get to a new team and their hitting suffers, but a great player should never let it affect his defense and aggresiveness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think most Red Sox fans were hoping they were going to sign either Crawford or Werth.  Pretty hard to predict this stuff.  Maybe they could just stop signing big name free agents and let the owners pocket a bigger profit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]I'm mad at Yazzer for his continual negative postings, and I'm disappointed in myself for reading them.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

+10000000

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

You're right between the 224 million spent on Crawford and Lackey, you'd be a fool to think the two would perform with any reasonable expectations, just play below their career averages, but only since May 1 because April didn't count. I think it was money well spent, no? *did you mean to eat that?*

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who are you madder at or more disappointed in............... : You're right between the 224 million spent on Crawford and Lackey, you'd be a fool to think the two would perform with any reasonable expectations, just play below their career averages, but only since May 1 because April didn't count. I think it was money well spent, no? *did you mean to eat that?*
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Lackey is another story, but other than April, Crawford is giving you his career averages.  So unless, every time you b1tch about him, you're recalling an April at-bat, I'd say if you're disappointed in him, that's on you.  Personally, my feelings about Crawford haven't changes since day one - good player, tremendously over-paid, and Ellsbury's ticket out of town.