1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

WHO CHOCKED MOST IN GAME 1?

Myers in RF/letting pop up be GRD

Moore Pitching/covering first

SRod in LF/Monster flubs

Maddon/Hipster glasses

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: WHO CHOCKED MOST IN GAME 1?

Madden, hipster glasses. The players could always rebound and win today, not so the fashion choices.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Madden, hipster glasses. The players could always rebound and win today, not so the fashion choices.

good call

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere copied & pasted it here as Headline appropriate:

Meyers has my vote....

Tennis is supposed to be a gentleman's sport but I know from experience that if a lob come between 2 defenders, an opponent or a spectator can yell " I got it " or "mine" & neither defender knows who said it as neither said it & it drops in. I believe Myers either lost it in the sun or misplayed it becasue he was close to the wall...didn't it drop in back of him? If a call came from the Sox bullpen or a fan, bush league or not, it's still part of the  game but did Myers say he heard "I got it" thinking Jennings said it. I don't think so he said he heard it. And, if he heard it from a fan or the bullpen, why not admit it. I know that athletes sometimes collide going after a ball but I just think in the spur of the moment and pressure of the game, he choked.

Anyway, Tampa has frequently had some quirky breaks against us and I'm happy to see we finally got some.

I know too it changed the complexion of the game but take the 5 runs away and assume the rest of the game goes as it did and we win 7-2 ! Amen! Want to beat Price today even by 1 run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I posted this elsewhere copied & pasted it here as Headline appropriate:

Meyers has my vote....

Tennis is supposed to be a gentleman's sport but I know from experience that if a lob come between 2 defenders, an opponent or a spectator can yell " I got it " or "mine" & neither defender knows who said it as neither said it & it drops in. I believe Myers either lost it in the sun or misplayed it becasue he was close to the wall...didn't it drop in back of him? If a call came from the Sox bullpen or a fan, bush league or not, it's still part of the  game but did Myers say he heard "I got it" thinking Jennings said it. I don't think so he said he heard it. And, if he heard it from a fan or the bullpen, why not admit it. I know that athletes sometimes collide going after a ball but I just think in the spur of the moment and pressure of the game, he choked.

Anyway, Tampa has frequently had some quirky breaks against us and I'm happy to see we finally got some.

I know too it changed the complexion of the game but take the 5 runs away and assume the rest of the game goes as it did and we win 7-2 ! Amen! Want to beat Price today even by 1 run.

He wouldnt admit it because it would just make him look that much worse. Clould also be that hes not completely sure what he heard in all the confusion and noise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Most athletes are aggressive, tennis players both go after lobs or vollies and almost collide even hearing "mine, yours". A linebacker like a mongoose strikes a snakes hits the hole to tackle aggressively. He should have been like a magnet going after that ball even risking colliding. In short, it was the sun or he just misplayed it worrying about the wall perhaps. I'm happy it led to 5 runs but without them & the game goes the same, we win 7-2.

Sections
Shortcuts