Who could we package for an ace?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Who could we package for an ace?

If White Sox get out of it love to see Jake Peavy. He is finally is healthy and he is dealing. He is owed 17 million and club option for 22million next year.

Also John Lannon from Nationals is still in AAA. And will the dearth of pitching, he can be had. Maybe even try to pry some of their starters. They need hitting.

Funny as it seems, Eric Bedard has been lights out, but I question his fire inside to pitch for a contender.

There is Aaron Harang would be a cheap option.

Wonder how Oswalt back is feeling? If healthy, boy would that help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why you want to trade for Peavy who havent won more than 10 games except one year since 2007?  Hughes is a wreck!!!  He is worser shape than Bucholz.

Beckett is not the team biggest problem.

Biggest problem right now is LAckey, Dice K, and Bucholz.  Get rid of these guys first. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Who could we package for an ace?:
    [QUOTE]Why you want to trade for Peavy who havent won more than 10 games except one year since 2007?  Hughes is a wreck!!!  He is worser shape than Bucholz. Beckett is not the team biggest problem. Biggest problem right now is LAckey, Dice K, and Bucholz.  Get rid of these guys first. 
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I have been scouting Peavy and he looks like the pitcher when he was with the Pardes. He is an injury risk, but if White Sox tank soon, which I suspect they will, he will be a good pickup...as far as wins, thats really not his fault...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Sox can not afford to take on JP's contract

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox can not afford to take on JP's contract
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

If Sox get him by break, he would be owed about 8.5 million and if White Sox eat half. So in theory would be a 4/5 million guy for half a season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who could we package for an ace? : If Sox get him by break, he would be owed about 8.5 million and if White Sox eat half. So in theory would be a 4/5 million guy for half a season...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]
    Plus the $4 million buyout of Jake Peavy's 2013 option.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ah4PW47PiAi-dG9HanhMTzc1YkJfUnZEVWN1ek9KOEE&output=html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The problem is : non-competing teams arent eager to dump servicable vets at this point in the season.  Why trade such guys now when you can hang on to them and let a bidding war ensue at the deadline.  Between now and the deadline there will be more buyers (due to injuries).  More buyers = higher demand = higher prices.  If I'm a small market team, like Pitt, I'm not trading Bedard right now for 2 mediocre prospects...I'm waiting until the deadline , when a bidding war will ensue, and I can get an elite prospect + 2 mediocre prospects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Matt Cain?  Really?  You do realize that the Giants just gave him a big extension because they intend to actually KEEP him, right? Yes, and I also realize they are desperate for offense, and desperate to rid themselves of the Zito contract.  I know it won't be easy to get Cain, but I think it will be harder to get Felix.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon, I also like Cain and agree "like the Mariners" the Giants need offense but their pitching staff may not be deep enough to entertain a trade for Matt.  Theres no doubt we need better pitching but the Mariners should be one of our primary targets.  I could be wrong but they seem to have the deepest surplus of good young arms and desperately need offense.

I also respectively disagree with those who feel the Mariners wouldn't have interest in players like Youk. This is a team that has never been afraid to sign vets and a healthy Youk could do wonders for them at IB or DH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Why you want to trade for Peavy who havent won more than 10 games except one year since 2007?  Hughes is a wreck!!!  He is worser shape than Bucholz. Beckett is not the team biggest problem. Biggest problem right now is LAckey, Dice K, and Bucholz.  Get rid of these guys first. 
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Uconn, all three texans are stubborn and less than what I call team players.  These are the attitudes that have hurt this team and guys who obviously have less talent than Theo thought.  This team without Lackey, Josh and Clay would be much better off if we could find better fits for the club house who are open to criticism or change.

This trio needs to be broken up ASAP "if possible"

Sections
Shortcuts