Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011/Congratulations to Yoshimi25 for winning!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011

In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Waiting for you to get the point is probably the same as waiting for Halifax to get outraged by Yankee fans' abuse of posters on the board. Not likely to happen.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim - with all due respect - your latest comment is of a person who has no point and protects it by repeating yourself over and over again. Please do not flatter yourself by thinking you are above me intellectually in anyway, shape or form.

As for this abuse you keep talking of. There have been several Yankee fans or supposed Yankee fans who were abusive. And it was Yankee fans who attempted to shut them down. What outrages some of us is your continued harping on issues when we just want to talk baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Kim - with all due respect - your latest comment is of a person who has no point and protects it by repeating yourself over and over again. Please do not flatter yourself by thinking you are above me intellectually in anyway, shape or form. As for this abuse you keep talking of. There have been several Yankee fans or supposed Yankee fans who were abusive. And it was Yankee fans who attempted to shut them down. What outrages some of us is your continued harping on issues when we just want to talk baseball.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I think that can be called a troll. 

Freedom fighter is probably more like it.  

I've used another reference before to describe this relentless and perfect poster: Judge Freisler

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : kim, I am going to start a thread telling the true story of Trufan, in the next day or so.  You should find it interesting.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Are you going to be advertising another site here? Jeez.. I thought Zac recruiting posters here to that site years ago was enough. Do you want more there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : I think that can be called a troll.   Freedom fighter is probably more like it. That was Qaddafi's favorite term. I've used another reference before to describe this relentless and  perfect poster: Judge Freisler
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steven - I have no desire to partake in a war of threads with Kim. She can say and think all she wants, that is fine and I will respect her right to say them. I just wish she would open herself up to the possibility that this cabal of posters, supposedly from Trufan are just people who like to talk sports and nothing else.

Although I believe I registered at that site, I don't think I ever partook in any conversation there, once BDC fixed the forum format here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Steven - I have no desire to partake in a war of threads with Kim. She can say and think all she wants, that is fine and I will respect her right to say them. I just wish she would open herself up to the possibility that this cabal of posters, supposeduly from Trufan are just people who like to talk sports and nothing else. Although I believe I registered at that site, I don't think I ever partook in any conversation there, once BDC fixed the forum format here.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. As far as the trufan site is concerned, I don't know the whole story, beyond Pike misidentifying me there (I've never been on it, short of trying to figure out who this person was after the fact).

You might recall that person there I suppposedly was: a RS fan living in Derry NH; who was also a jailed 42 yr old martial arts instructor (who instructed other instructors), that had a large # of girlfriends. Too bad some of this wasn't true (especially the age)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Are you going to be advertising another site here? Jeez.. I thought Zac recruiting posters here to that site years ago was enough. Do you want more there?

Nope, not advertising at all.  I just want people to know the facts.  And I think it will lead into a good discussion about interaction between Red Sox fans and Yankee fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Fair enough. As far as the trufan site is concerned, I don't know the whole story, beyond Pike misidentifying me there (I've never been on it, short of trying to figure out who this person was after the fact). You might recall that person there I suppposedly was: a RS fan living in Derry NH; who was also a jailed 42 yr old martial arts instructor (who instructed other instructors), that had a large # of girlfriends. Too bad some of this wasn't true (especially the age)

Honestly? Sometimes you sound like a 42-year-old jailed martial arts instructor. Just sayin'.Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think Trufan is where someone went after me and posted my real photo on this forum. I thought it was pretty funny, although I did appreciate those here in RSN who went after Pike for that. I cannot recall if in fact is was Pike who did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIm0m2QyR5o

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

sindarin-erebor gmv

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Nope, not advertising at all.  I just want people to know the facts.  And I think it will lead into a good discussion about interaction between Red Sox fans and Yankee fans.

Really? Because I think it would be weird to advertise another site on this board. Doesn't matter how much you love it there, it is another site.

And there is no problem between Yankee and Sox fans. Unless they're here to annoy people. There is no "THE YANKEE FANS" group in reality. It's all individual posters. And people like you should try to understand that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Honestly? Sometimes you sound like a 42-year-old jailed martial arts instructor. Just sayin'.

OK, that's funny, assuming you're not serious, which is always possible.

BTW, did you see the Sophie's Choice movie? Just wondering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Really? Because I think it would be weird to advertise another site on this board. Doesn't matter how much you love it there, it is another site. And there is no problem between Yankee and Sox fans. Unless they're here to annoy people. There is no "THE YANKEE FANS" group in reality. It's all individual posters. And people like you should try to understand that.

kim, in case you hadn't noticed, you're the one who keeps making references to the 'Trufan gang' and such nonsense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : kim, in case you hadn't noticed, you're the one who keeps making references to the 'Trufan gang' and such nonsense. 

Because one has nothing to do with the other.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : OK, that's funny, assuming you're not serious, which is always possible. BTW, did you see the Sophie's Choice movie? Just wondering.

Of course I did. I thought, as I usually do when I've read the book before seeing the movie, that the book was much better. I just enjoyed Turow's writing and descriptions of things. Can't remember exactly, but there was a line about eating bananas or something and basically just enjoying the day, while in another part of the world, Sophie was having to deal with her decision. It just made you think about how different lives can be, and to be more aware of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Of course I did. I thought, as I usually do when I've read the book before seeing the movie, that the book was much better. I just enjoyed Turow's writing and descriptions of things. Can't remember exactly, but there was a line about eating bananas or something and basically just enjoying the day, while in another part of the world, Sophie was having to deal with her decision. It just made you think about how different lives can be, and to be more aware of it.

It is rare that a movie does a book justice. Not enough time due to the urge to keep it short enough to sell. One of the few exceptions was GWTW; Lord Of The Rings and No Country For Old Men were good too, while a little skimpy due to the time allotment thing. Which is why Director's cuts in general are better, especially Rings (but long) and Blade Runner (a Philip Dick adaptation of the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep). The movie Misery (Stephen King)  , while cut up to shreds, was still good. Every Clancy movie rendition was an abomination; especially the great book Patriot Games; practically the entire movie was the last 50 pages, where all the action was, that was set up by the first 400 pages.

Usually, TV mini-series do better, such as the Thorn Birds, both ROOTS, and ShoGun, all way back when.

There was a mammoth length German film called Berlin Alexanderplatz ( book based) ; that was fantastic. 

The recent movies Carlos (The famous terrorist) and Che (ditto, sort of), while long, I also recommended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : No offense, but your appearance here kinda proves my point.

It is only politenesss which has kept most of us from saying "Kim is a possible poster of the year?" You've got to be kidding.

My kids started boomerangs.com when they were 8 and 13 years old. 
    I thought at the time that it would help their company by using the name in my online identities. I have brought up the company maybe 1 or 2 times max out of my thousands of posts here, and only in context of a question i think. I have thought about changing my identity before just out of making it less confusing for others but I was already thousands of posts into it.

All that aside, if you don't realize that Zac is a tremendous poster here you either:

1) Don't read many posts on this forum or
    2) Are a worthless troll yourself. You have to be intentionally stupid to be that incoherent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Don't stop there... who defends a poster who personally attacks me on a daily basis, including abusive pics. Boom, apparently, admires that. And you, the author of a thread mocking a Sox player who hasn't really even been a part of this team, criticizing what I say is hilarious. He's a big boy, he can defend himself. Although, posting it after 4:00 when I'm usually done posting was probably not accidental.

Wow, implying that I even notice your posts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : It is only politenesss which has kept most of us from saying "Kim is a possible poster of the year?" You've got to be kidding. My kids started boomerangs.com when they were 8 and 13 years old.  I thought at the time that it would help their company by using the name in my online identities. I have brought up the company maybe 1 or 2 times max out of my thousands of posts here, and only in context of a question i think. I have thought about changing my identity before just out of making it less confusing for others but I was already thousands of posts into it. All that aside, if you don't realize that Zac is a tremendous poster here you either: 1) Don't read many posts on this forum or 2) Are a worthless troll yourself. You have to be intentionally stupid to be that incoherent.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I don't care whether you believe I'm poster of the year quality. I, myself, offered to give my spot up so I totally get that. I, honestly, have no idea why you're talking about your business. My references to you being self-promoting was more in regard to your interest in working with 791, and offering your services to him. He's a big time Yankee supporter, and you can, at times, seem to be following in his footsteps.

Your support of a Yankee troll here is so over the top, that you have to wonder why someone would take that stand. You don't even know him. All you know is that he's a Yankee homer who polices a Sox board 24/7, and puts abusive pics up of Sox fans using other people's children. Your defense of him makes ZERO sense,

And FTR, with those choices, I'm intentionally stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Wow, implying that I even notice your posts.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I wish you didn't say that, because now I'm going to be up all night crying about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball2006. Show baseball2006's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : I don't care whether you believe I'm poster of the year quality. I, myself, offered to give my spot up so I totally get that. I, honestly, have no idea why you're talking about your business. My references to you being self-promoting was more in regard to your interest in working with 791, and offering your services to him. He's a big time Yankee supporter, and you can, at times, seem to be following in his footsteps. Your support of a Yankee troll here is so over the top, that you have to wonder why someone would take that stand? You don't even know him. All you know is that he's a Yankee homer who polices a Sox board 24/7, and puts abusive pics up of Sox fans using other people's children. Your defense of him makes ZERO sense,   And FTR, with those choices, I'm intentionally stupid.

Speaking of "Intentionally Stupid", how is your son Beni doing these days?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]No Teakus with that creepy head-turning face?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE] hey notin, i like Teak's avy too..  though it was a recent bring back, i also love antibody's crazy cat...Tongue out 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This thread has descended into the same realm as the Ellsbury thread that I tried to start last week. Kim, you really sound like someone who's trying to keep an argument going about stuff that nobody else cares about. Move on. The whole "Yankee troll enabler" accusation has run it's course.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : It is rare that a movie does a book justice. Not enough time due to the urge to keep it short enough to sell. One of the few exceptions was GWTW; Lord Of The Rings and No Country For Old Men were good too, while a little skimpy due to the time allotment thing. Which is why Director's cuts in general are better, especially Rings (but long)  and Blade Runner ( a Philip Dick adaptation of the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep ).  The movie Misery (Stephen King)  , while cut up to shreds, was still good. Every Clancy movie rendition was an abomination; especially the great book Patriot Games ; practically the entire movie was the last 50 pages, where all the action was, that was set up by the first 400 pages. Usually, TV mini-series do better, such as the Thorn Birds,  both ROOTS,  and  ShoGun , all way back when. There was a mammoth length German film called Berlin Alexanderplatz ( book based) ; that was fantastic.  The recent movies Carlos (The famous terrorist)   and Che (ditto, sort of ) , while long, I also recommended. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] The Sherlock Holmes movies are a classic example. Not bad movies, but nothing much like the real Holmes. Those stories have a sense of mystery and ambiance that's almost impossible to capture on film even when you're true to the stories--which the movies aren't at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you choose: Avatar of the Year Award: 2011 : Speaking of "Intentionally Stupid", how is your son Beni doing these days?
    Posted by baseball2006[/QUOTE]

Hi, Playball. How's things?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]This thread has descended into the same realm as the Ellsbury thread that I tried to start last week. Kim, you really sound like someone who's trying to keep an argument going about stuff that nobody else cares about. Move on. The whole "Yankee troll enabler" accusation has run it's course.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. Did I interrupt your Farrah Fawcett conversation about me? My bad. Carry on.