Who do you think will be the first player to be signed or landed via trade by Ben this winter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Who do you think will be the first player to be signed or landed via trade by Ben this winter?

Ortiz? Ross? any others?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Who do you think will be the first player to be signed or landed via trade by Ben this winter?

I heard that the Braves are interested in Ross. 

As for Ortiz, I have a feeling that the Yankees will make a run at him (to drive up the price). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Who do you think will be the first player to be signed or landed via trade by Ben this winter?

The Yanks will use their DH slot for ARod & Jeter & maybe others. They'd have to deal ARod to need Papi enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yanks will use their DH slot for ARod & Jeter & maybe others. They'd have to deal ARod to need Papi enough.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right Moon...the Yanks don't use the DH like the Sox have for a single player.  Besides the post season showed that the one thing the Yanks don't need is more HR hitters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I would like to believe that the first order of business after Farrell comes onboard is to settle the Papi issue before he goes to the FA market.  Sox don't need the pot stirred by him if they don't deal with him in a fair manner.  He deserves to have his situation handled respectfully...regardless of the outcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

The Ortiz deal should be done within a week or two, so he has to be near the top of the list...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

per MLBTradeRumors

Red Sox, Ortiz Nearing Two-Year Deal By  Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 23 at 1:06pm CST]

The Red Sox are finalizing a two-year contract with David Ortiz that will keep the slugger in Boston through 2014, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com reports. The sides have already agreed on a two-year term, but haven’t yet agreed on compensation. They hope to announce a deal by the end of the week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to believe that the first order of business after Farrell comes onboard is to settle the Papi issue before he goes to the FA market.  Sox don't need the pot stirred by him if they don't deal with him in a fair manner.  He deserves to have his situation handled respectfully...regardless of the outcome.

[/QUOTE]

To me, the Papi decision is at the top of the "flow chart". If we sign Papi, I think we may see Salty or Lava traded. If Papi walks, I think Lava stays and Ross will get a 2-3 year deal to be a PT DH and LF'er.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ortiz will be signed very soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Ortiz first, then Ross, Then a solid trade, then Napoli 

You heard it here first

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Ortiz first at this point almost a given. Ross will play out for a while, will wait to see what other teams offer after WS is completed. Don't be surprised if Yanks get involved. But in the end he'll resign because hs swing is made for Fenway, all those doubles and HR's @ Fenway long flyouts in Yankee Stadium.

First FA signing 1B Adam LaRoche, rejoins RS after we hardly got to know you the 1st time. Because Alderson will want too much young talent for Ike Davis. Ben will be gun shy dealing young talent this off seaon after what Reddick did w/ A's. IMO

Then hopefully pitching, pitching, and then some more pitching...... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

This winter?  It's not winter for 2 full months!!!

(We all knew someone was going to type it.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Papi should be done soon. I believe Ross will be next. I think Salty and Lav will still be here in 2013. But if one is traded, i think it would be Lavarnway. Laroche or a Morneau trade are possible as well as signing napoli depending on price and years...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

papi will be sign first, i think the sox should let ross walk and test the market as I feel they would be paying for 2011-12 ross which was above career ross, i would rather see the sox keep ells is center, trade for justin upton and the leave one spot open for kalish/brentz. The first player i would like to see the sox sign outside of the organization is japanese prospect Shohei Otani, 18 yrs old, throws heat and already has legit offspeed stuff. would be a great pick up. really hope we get him.