Who do you want as manager in 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012?

In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012?:
    In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012? : I take strong offense to you saying my opinion is absurd. The question is "Who do YOU want as Manager?" And that is WHO I WOULD WANT There is no right or wrong answer.  Again, it's just an opinion.  First amendment anyone????? If the topic was something like "who would be the best manager" then you could of course, get into your analysis.  I like Fisk.  I also like chocolate chip cookies.  Is my preference for chocolate chip also absurd?
    Posted by andrewmitch

What's absurd is anyone having to tell you that "who do you want as manager," in this context, actually means who do you think would be the best at it.  First amendment my a$$.  So what if you like Ruth Buzzy, should she be the manager? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Glenn Hoffman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Botchy 1st choice or 2nd Martinez
    Hickey PC

Thad Levine GM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I personally think Tony Pena would be a great fit here, although he may not be the stat geek the front office wants...

Pena has both Red Sox and Yankees in his blood and as a great defensive catcher could help further stabilize that position on the Sox. In addition, as a catcher he would be used to dealing with pitchers.

He also had a good run in KC but was fired because he couldn't get inferior talent to be successful. He actually was the Royals manager last time they saw postseason play.

my vote: TONY PENA!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Is Carlton Fisk any more ridiculous than Robin Ventura?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012? : What's absurd is anyone having to tell you that "who do you want as manager," in this context, actually means who do you think would be the best at it.  First amendment my a$$.  So what if you like Ruth Buzzy, should she be the manager? 
    Posted by OhEFFU

what do you even say to someone like you?

not worth my time that's for sure

good luck to you though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Eric wedge is a good idea. Last time I saw gedman on tv, he did not look healthy enough to sustain a full season of coaching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Is Carlton Fisk any more ridiculous than Robin Ventura?  
    Posted by slomag

so slomag, you are of the 'Monkey see, Monkey do' attitude?

If an inexperienced catcher at manager is good for the White Sox it should be good for the Red Sox too.

Oh and the answer to your question is YES, since nobody knows whether Fisk would even be interested in managing...plus why wouldn't the White Sox hire him if that was the case since he spent more of his major league career with them than the Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012? : I take strong offense to you saying my opinion is absurd. The question is "Who do YOU want as Manager?" And that is WHO I WOULD WANT There is no right or wrong answer.  Again, it's just an opinion.  First amendment anyone????? If the topic was something like "who would be the best manager" then you could of course, get into your analysis.  I like Fisk.  I also like chocolate chip cookies.  Is my preference for chocolate chip also absurd?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Fair enough, I could have chosen different words. Like, "Carlton Fisk would be a bad idea."

By the way, the First Amendment guarantees your right to speak your mind without the government throwing you in jail. Doesn't really apply here.

I like chocolate chip, too, but prefer oatmeal raisin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012? : so slomag, you are of the 'Monkey see, Monkey do' attitude? If an inexperienced catcher at manager is good for the White Sox it should be good for the Red Sox too. Oh and the answer to your question is YES, since nobody knows whether Fisk would even be interested in managing...plus why wouldn't the White Sox hire him if that was the case since he spent more of his major league career with them than the Red Sox.
    Posted by Soxdog67

But he's spent all of his HOF career with the Red Sox.

I like Tony Pena, but I would love to see Fisk as a coach, if he is interested, particularly if there are motivation issues to address.  But I'm not going to jump down anybody's throat if they suggest a former player fan-favorite with no managerial experience, given that describes exactly the last mlb manager to be hired. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Dave Martinez or Tony Peña

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Who do you want as manager in 2012?:
    My top candidate that I would like to see in Boston... 1) Eric Wedge Former catcher, Sox player, managerial experience and success in Cleveland. Most importantly, he brings an attitude - he won't be pushed around and he has a great knowledge of the game. He is the manager of the Mariners currently, but they stunk this year. It's possible he could be had.  What do you think about Wedge?  Who is your top candidate?
    Posted by TitleTown11

Dave Martinez.......Tony Pena

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDShorty. Show JDShorty's posts

Bring Bobby Cox out of retirement.... LOL

The RedSox owners could go crawling and begging Tito, but after all the crap they threw about him into the media... He isn't coming back

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you want as manager in 2012? : What's absurd is anyone having to tell you that "who do you want as manager," in this context, actually means who do you think would be the best at it.  First amendment my a$$.  So what if you like Ruth Buzzy, should she be the manager? 
    Posted by OhEFFU

I would choose Catherine O'Hara over Ruth Buzzy.

I'm not sure she'd make a great manager, but she adds much more depth as a comedienne and comedic actress.  While this may not be fair to Ruth Buzzy, I mostly associate her with tagline sketches. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Bobby Valentine

" Just win Baby"   Al Davis

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ryne Sandberg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

SPC

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

Jim Leyland
    Tony LaRussa
    Joe Torre

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jose Canseco

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Who do you want as manager in 2012?:
    My top candidate that I would like to see in Boston... 1) Eric Wedge Former catcher, Sox player, managerial experience and success in Cleveland. Most importantly, he brings an attitude - he won't be pushed around and he has a great knowledge of the game. He is the manager of the Mariners currently, but they stunk this year. It's possible he could be had.  What do you think about Wedge?  Who is your top candidate?
    Posted by TitleTown11

A 2012 version of Dick Williams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

John Farrell!!  Did a good job with Toronto this year, will only get better, and he knows the REDSOx better than anyone out there!  He is also liked, and FEARED!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Glenn Hoffman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

Bill Lee Never trade a soft throwing lefty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4166609. Show user_4166609's posts

Dave Martinez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Heidi Watney.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Carrot Top.

Sections
Shortcuts