Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?

The Cameron/Drew platoon is problematic but that isn't real a case of minor league OFers but rather guys who are aging less than gracefully at this point.

The line-up today looks like it does because we have on SS on the DL, the other has an intestinal flu and we have one OFer on the DL.

In Mac's defense he only has had 38 PAs in 2011. IF the first 38 PAs of a season are enough to DFA a player, I guess the RS should have done that with David Ortiz back in 2009.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?

In Response to Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?:
    [QUOTE]It is time to get rid of Cameron, McDonald and Drew. These three are imposters who should not be allowed to wear our uniforms. They more than stink. I really do not care what we get for Drew. In my opinion he is worth more gone. The other two should be released or traded for broken bats. If we cannot find three guys in AA or AAA that can hit better than these three then we should trade for something. Todays lineup has five major league players; an insult to all RSN. OFs who can hit .250 cost almost nothing so get someone to represent the RSN brand.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

Theo may need to trade for a RHH RF at some point.  We have "Lin" at Pawtucket but he has little power.  Mac and Cam just don't seem to be helping our cause at all.  Drew is an easy replacement with guys like Reddick & Kalish

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I feel badly for Mac.  He had a good year last year and this year he is getting almost no playing time and when he does get out there he isn't getting it done.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Last night Ortiz, Gonzo, Youk, and Pedey had a total of 2RBI's, that is why we lost that game. Ortiz grounded out into a DP, Gonzo struck out with the bases loaded. With Crawford on the DL the production of those 4 players are more important than ever. Without them driving in people we will lose.

Here's the brightside, these guys will get they're RBI's more often than not. Crawford will be back soon to score them when they can't manage to have anyone in front of them. And Salty and Scutaro have been producing pretty well from the bottom of the order.

Chill. Our lineup can't be full of guys batting .300, especially not with all these injuries. But the Sox wil be fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow, theo can you please fire francona? Reddick goes 2-4 with a double and a triple(that in most parks would have been a homer) and how does he get rewarded? by getting a seat on the bench for a guy who cant even hit .120 and is a below average fielder. But hey, according to coma logic dmac is a better choice because he is right handed. I can live with cameron starting for drew but there is no way to justify starting darnel mcdonald. I feel bad for josh reddick. The guys worked hard to improve his hitting and has made huge strides in AAA and has performed well in his limited playing time up with the big club this year and yet he has to sit for a guy who is a career minor leaguer for a reason and he cant even hit .120 in the majors. Someone please let me know when we get a real manager not some moron who is more concerned about his popularity in the clubhouse than he is about winning games. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

I like Mac, and I appreciate everything he did last year, but there's a reason he doesn't have much a big league career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

You know what Im tired of? Minor league pitchers payed 80 mil to give up 5 runs in 3.1 innings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?:
    [QUOTE]You know what Im tired of? Minor league pitchers payed 80 mil to give up 5 runs in 3.1 innings.
    Posted by soxforlife22[/QUOTE]

soxforlife,

I'm impressed with the tools and confidence Miller has.  Hopefully he can live up to the early hype.  I'm also glad Dice K. isn't here because watching him is almost as painful as Lackey.  Beck, Jon & Clay are obvious our PS guys so I really hope they are all healthy at the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Soxforlife, don't forget agains a minor league team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

FWIW, I think outfielders, or infielders, catchers, or pitchers for that matter, should only wear the uniform of the team they play for.  I would think it would be very consfusing if they wore uniforms of teams in different leagues.  I guess i am tired of it too.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

This is where some folks confues me. Coming into today 38 MLB PAs where he has an admittedly horrible OPS of .384 but he just had a rehab assingment in AAA where his OPS was 1.112. But he is awful and should be cut. Don't you think the jury is out on so few PAs in MLB spread over such a long time?

Josh Reddick improved his the spread between his OBP to get it to respectable .333 BUT his BA is .230 on a 230+ AAA sample set. In fact SLG in AAA versus Drew's in MLB is the major difference between those two players, their BA - OBP is identical. Yet many here are ready to deem the guy ready to play RF every day in MLB.

What is happening right now with Crawford's DL trip is that 4 guys are going to get to vie for roles in this team's line-up when Crawford returns. Reddick and Drew will platoon versus RH and Mac and Cameron versus LH. What happens moving forward will depend on how guys play with the expanded PT.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Actually it's MLB players playing like minor league outfielders, not the other way around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Who else is tired of minor league outfielders dressed in major leage uniforms?:
    [QUOTE]wow, theo can you please fire francona? Reddick goes 2-4 with a double and a triple(that in most parks would have been a homer) and how does he get rewarded? by getting a seat on the bench for a guy who cant even hit .120 and is a below average fielder. But hey, according to coma logic dmac is a better choice because he is right handed. I can live with cameron starting for drew but there is no way to justify starting darnel mcdonald. I feel bad for josh reddick. The guys worked hard to improve his hitting and has made huge strides in AAA and has performed well in his limited playing time up with the big club this year and yet he has to sit for a guy who is a career minor leaguer for a reason and he cant even hit .120 in the majors. Someone please let me know when we get a real manager not some moron who is more concerned about his popularity in the clubhouse than he is about winning games. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Or you could see that Tito has been sheltering Reddick from LHP's this season at the MLB level and the Padres had a LHP starting today.  Don't let little things like common sense and facts get in the way of your anti-Francona crusade though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

drew and cameron have not been minor league outfielders for a long time, but right now (actually all season so far) they have produced less than a decent minor leaguer.

kalish is not ready because he is still injured, but reddick could certainly start to get much more playing time in right field even if he did not get two nice hits last night.

sometimes, even a good team, needs to throw a young guy onto the field and let him play when the veterans at his position are struggling.  the sox did it with pedroia a few years ago, and not that reddick it going necessarily be as good as pedroia, but he certainly cannot do much worse than what drew and cameron have done so far and it is almost mid season.

mcdonald is struggling as well, but with only 40 ABs, i can cut him a little bit of slack for a while.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Tuesday we will find out, Miller vs the Phils, if he belongs in a major league uniform.