Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?

Ellsbury has been absolutely crushing the ball tonight.  This ain't a 'peashooter' 'slap hitter' anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury has been absolutely crushing the ball tonight.  This ain't a 'peashooter' 'slap hitter' anymore.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    I think you are confusing Bellsbury with Youkilis. Jake got lucky and jumped into a leadoff home run, his third of the season. It takes true talent to hit a guaranteed solo shot, instead of saving his pea shooter for men on base.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : I think you are confusing Bellsbury with Youkilis. Jake got lucky and jumped into a leadoff home run, his third of the season. It takes true talent to hit a guaranteed solo shot, instead of saving his pea shooter for men on base.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]
    Since we all know hitters can pick and choose when they hit home runs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Softlaw without an act or identity since Jake is having such a great season and is on the All Star team. It's like taking Charlie McCarthy away from Edgar Bergen. Will Softlaw go the way of the dinosaur like Law did last year? Even Softlaw's group of enablers on the forum are laughing at him and are ignoring him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ef6fbb9cbc225bd88cb8a1f0e17d54b8&plckUserId=ef6fbb9cbc225bd88cb8a1f0e17d54b8">
    First: 6/19/2009
    Last: 7/6/2011
    In Response to Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?:
    Write ins are allowed. Do not make joke votes, or else I will send the poll czar after you.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

you realy are a complete FOOL!

I second that--- and would like to add "just another pathetic loser looking for attention"!

Give it up--- you are wrong and every time you type anything to try to justify your foolish opinions, you look more and more like the tool everyone knows that you are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : I think you are confusing Bellsbury with Youkilis. Jake got lucky and jumped into a leadoff home run, his third of the season. It takes true talent to hit a guaranteed solo shot, instead of saving his pea shooter for men on base.

I didn't know you could save homeruns for whenever you want them.  Thanks, Softy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Why do posters respond to Softy? When it comes to Jake, he's a moron. Actually, he's a moron in most cases.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : I didn't know you could save homeruns for whenever you want them.  Thanks, Softy.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    I didn't know that you could copy Lloyd's post, verbatim, whenever you wanted. Congrats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : I didn't know that you could copy Lloyd's post, verbatim, whenever you wanted. Congrats.

It might come as a surprise but I don't read every post and never saw Lloyd's post until you mentioned it.  Just because we both had the same reaction to your nonsense doesn't mean it is off the mark.  Besides, copying Lloyd is not the worst thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : It might come as a surprise but I don't read every post and never saw Lloyd's post until you mentioned it.  Just because we both had the same reaction to your nonsense doesn't mean it is off the mark.  Besides, copying Lloyd is not the worst thing.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    Great minds, right Jim?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : A single game does not make a successful season. Nor does a half-season. Plenty of time for Jake and Varitek to show their true talent.

Yeah, I cant wait for your reaction at the end of the year...Apparently your the only one that believes what your saying..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : Yeah, I cant wait for your reaction at the end of the year...Apparently your the only one that believes what your saying..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    There are many baseball minds that agree with me, at least in part. There are no "experts" that believe Bellsbury is an elite CF. Everyone knows his defense is below average, his baserunning is inconsistent, and rumors of his pop are vastly overrated. We will see who is right at the end of the year. API will know the true answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Softy, do you want Ellsbury to retreat to the numbers you expect or would you be surprised and happy if Ellsbury has a much better season than you expect?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : There are many baseball minds that agree with me, at least in part. There are no "experts" that believe Bellsbury is an elite CF. Everyone knows his defense is below average, his baserunning is inconsistent, and rumors of his pop are vastly overrated. We will see who is right at the end of the year. API will know the true answer.

No "we" won't. You will be ban dust and clinging to denial.
    Jake will be one of the main reasons the RedSox play in October.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice data. I see Jake is 5th in hitting at .310. 2nd in hits. 3rd in Runs. 2nd in doubles. 1st in steals. Deserves the A.S. nod.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : Gap power is comparable to Obama making promises he hasn't kept. Everthing may seem good in the beginning, but the guilty just end up lying to the people. Bellsbury has no pop, and that is a fact.

A note from Ellsbury after 2 more HR this week and an all star selection:

How do you like me now Softy?

Someone pick me up off the floor please! Softy is still trying his "should of bought a squirrel" routine but it just isn't relevant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I dub this thread the official "Softy takes a victory lap" thread!

HA, HA, HA....Incredible! 

You have to be the most stubborn poster on this forum, completely unable to adjust your projections based upon reality.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I see Jake is 15th in OPS. He does not deserve the AS nod.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I don't. It's off the page. I can't even make out the OBP.
    Ellsbury is a lead-off hitter who's job is to get on base.
    Tell me, how does his OPS rate with the league's lead-off hitters?

He has his job. AGONE/Papi have theirs. How many steals do the AGONE/PAPI tandem have?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]He's weak v. LHP, and not even one of the best OF'ers in baseball. He is more popular than Agon or Ortiz. Neither he nor Mr. .275 OBP is what makes the offense go. Reddick has a better swing and more bat speed. His BA might be career lower, but his career average OPS will likely be as good or better. Reddick is also a superior defensive OF'er, with years of control. Reddick and Kalish offer more value. Perfect time to call the Dodgers and ask about Kemp and whether they believe that prima donna Ellsbury is one of the main reasons the Red Sox reach the post season. Kemp is everything Ellsbury will never be, not that most Red Sox fans care about performance and talent over how a player looks.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a broken record.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Softy, do you want Ellsbury to retreat to the numbers you expect or would you be surprised and happy if Ellsbury has a much better season than you expect?"

That's the sad part underneath the bluster. Softy actually hopes that Ellsbury will tank it and hurt the Sox so he can be proven right rather than Ellsbury play well and be a part of the Sox postseason success. That should tell you all you need to know.

25. This post has been removed.