Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?

Actually, Ellsbury is 14th in OPS among all AL players (with sufficient plate appearances to be considered) and 6th among all AL outfielders. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury?:
    In Response to Re: Who is more deserving of a spot than Bellsbury? : There are many baseball minds that agree with me, at least in part. There are no "experts" that believe Bellsbury is an elite CF. Everyone knows his defense is below average, his baserunning is inconsistent, and rumors of his pop are vastly overrated. We will see who is right at the end of the year. API will know the true answer.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

And all those experts consider him an all-star too. as far as his defense goes, Sure hes not perfect out there, but he is NOT below average. My eyes tell me hes a solid cf'r and just about any team would LOVE to have this kid...Does he make mistakes? yes, without question. But hes been getting better jumps on the balls this year and has improved that part of his game. He got a great beak on that ball in L-center last night. How many games has he cost them with his "below average" defense and how many has he contributed to a win? Hes got 11 HR so far..Thats great POP for a leadoff hitter. Fact.. Although is cs rate is higher this year, he still leads the AL in SB..I could also say that at least 3-4 of those we BS calls. Without a doubt..But it is what it is. So where did all this hate develop for Ells? Last year when he broke 5 ribs? Were you one of the followers that liked those losers on the radio that were bashing this kid without reason last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"He's weak v. LHP,"

I stopped there because anyone who knows baseball knows that Ells has very good splits against lefties..He just jacked another one last night against...yup, a lefty...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I see Jake is 15th in OPS. He does not deserve the AS nod.
    Posted by billbyboy

yeah..lets compare him to middle of the order power hitters...now compare him to all the leadoff hitters please...By the way, hes doing awesome compared to those guys..I mean, for a leadoff guy

Ells vs RHP  
    .326AVG .379OBP .502SLG .881OPS
    Ells vs LHP
    .277AVG .349OBP .420SLG .769OPS

Thats a pretty respectable split IMO....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

" Softy, do you want Ellsbury to retreat to the numbers you expect or would you be surprised and happy if Ellsbury has a much better season than you expect?" That's the sad part underneath the bluster. Softy actually hopes that Ellsbury will tank it and hurt the Sox so he can be proven right rather than Ellsbury play well and be a part of the Sox postseason success. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I don't hope Bellsbury will tank, I know he will. Hopefully Francona and Inepstein will be smart enough to pull him out of the lineup and trade him to LA before it is too late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Ellsbury is a CF with a PLUS 15.8 UZR/150. He is 7th in the MAJORS in WAR value, 1/10 of a point behind Adrian Gonzalez. I guess that means he really stinks right Softy! Keep spinning!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I see Jake is 15th in OPS. He does not deserve the AS nod.
    Posted by billbyboy

Its a funny thing that his PEERS do think he deserves an All Star nod.  Weird how that works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Softy doesn't recognize peer value...unless it equates to 5 GG's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Back foot- reverse corkscrew catch... with 5 micro fractures to the ribs...

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Don't forget "wall-shy".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Getting caught sleeping on a ground ball back to the pitcher, pathetic. It's baserunning mistakes like these that have and will continue to cost the Red Sox games. Hopefully the Dodgers still see value in him, after the three weak hits performance.

Sections
Shortcuts