Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II

It seems that the censors have closed my previous thread, full of solid contribution and opinions that differ from the flock that is Red Sox Nation. The fact is that Bellsbury still has a few more hours to pull out of the All Star game, saving himself from embarassment and giving the spot to one of the dozens of more deserving players. I'm surprised Ortiz didn't invite him to participate in the Home Run Derby, as he would easily have won with all of his pop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II

Leave it alone man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II:
    Leave it alone man.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I will, once this joke of a player is run out of town, along with Scott Boras. If the Red Sox had a real CF, like Curtis Granderson, we would be ten games ahead of your Yankees right now. If we had Matt Kemp, a young, power-hitting right hander, we would be fifteen gams ahead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

THIS THREAD IS BS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In Response to Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II:
    It seems that the censors have closed my previous thread, full of solid contribution and opinions that differ from the flock that is Red Sox Nation. The fact is that Bellsbury still has a few more hours to pull out of the All Star game, saving himself from embarassment and giving the spot to one of the dozens of more deserving players. I'm surprised Ortiz didn't invite him to participate in the Home Run Derby, as he would easily have won with all of his pop.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

You should start a petition to have the MLB players AND coaches change their vote's because what do MLB players and coaches know compared to a old, bitter, hatred filled, small man??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way Ells would have MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH KEMP IN THE HR DERBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL KEMP = POP or PO0P????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : I will, once this joke of a player is run out of town, along with Scott Boras. If the Red Sox had a real CF, like Curtis Granderson, we would be ten games ahead of your Yankees right now. If we had Matt Kemp, a young, power-hitting right hander, we would be fifteen gams ahead.

If Ellsbury was hitting .270 like Granderson you would whine about that.  This could be the most ridiculous post you have ever submitted.  You do realize that Ellsbury has done everything the Sox want and more this year and has remained healthy despite your wishing he did not.  He might leave via free agency but getting run out of town won't happen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I will, once this joke of a player is run out of town,If we had Matt Kemp, a young, power-hitting right hander, we would be fifteen gams ahead.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Kemp can track a flyball with no upper-body motion, amazing. Plus he has a double reverse pivot swing which is better than the inferior Jake reverse pivot swing. Keep your boot on his throat Bettersoft, last thing we need is a carpet-bagger thinking he is one ov us b cuz he drives a pick-up.

Just the other day  I imagined I was Walter Hriniak and I discovered a flaw in a baseball player's swing.  I called it the reverse pivot, I don't know what it means but Chuck from my Bible study group was impressed.

Did I mention I drive a pick-up from one parking lot to another and back every day?  Just last year I was stuck in a Pizza Hut parking lot, so I jumped the curb, you should have seen the look on Chuck's face.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Is this true? Is it truly not the real softlaw? An impersonator you say?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

For all you do to get Ells run out of town, you forgot the "B" in "Bellsbury" that was in the title of your original thread.
     Would I rather have Kemp? Of course. Is the notion of getting him ridiculous? Yes.
     Please give me a stat that shows that Ells is a bad player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II:

I don't know what you're upset about.  I read on a thread on this forum that he is turning into a superstar....if a thread is started about it obviously its true.  You should be counting your blessings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Also, if there were 5 Matt Kemps to be had, I would take all of them, put 3 in the outfield, put 1 at DH, and trade the remaining Matt Kemp, Papi, Scutaro, Crawford, Drew, Reddick, Ells, and Lars Anderson to the Rockies for Troy Tuloitski.
     That proves that your poll is rather strange.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

A - you don't have a 'keep Ellsbury' option, which is obviously becaus you are biased and hate Jacoby.

B - how can you even have CoCo on there?  Ellsbury is not only better than him but hands down already took the job from him 3 years ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

A - you don't have a 'keep Ellsbury' option, which is obviously becaus you are biased and hate Jacoby. B - how can you even have CoCo on there?  Ellsbury is not only better than him but hands down already took the job from him 3 years ago.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

It isn't the real Softy. It's a joke and all that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : It isn't the real Softy. It's a joke and all that.
    Posted by snakeoil123

That's what I was thinking.  It looks like billyboy is Softy, only thing is the name is old when in the past he just created a new account....it's as if he's had this one in waiting for years or forgot he had it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : That's what I was thinking.  It looks like billyboy is Softy, only thing is the name is old when in the past he just created a new account....it's as if he's had this one in waiting for years or forgot he had it. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Ah how the mighty have fallen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

I don't see how you can not like ellsbury from a purely statistical perspective. 
    .316 average
    62 runs
    11 home runs
    49 rbi
    28 steals
    And to top that off, he started July very hot (it's no conincidence that Ellsbury and the Sox were playing well at the same time).  His job as leadoff hitter is to get on base, score runs, and steal bases.  He's doing that, and hitting for power and driving in runs.  What more do you want from the guy? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A reverse pivot is an upper body pivot with a weight shift that ends up on the trailing foot. Ellsbury has a 20 handicap swing. Lowrie should be ready once he get more MRI angles to determing why he's overheated.      One of the local cap and trade cops tole me the MRI poterior angles will show any mice lodged in a crevice.
    Posted by billbyboy

A 20 handicap swing?  hahaha.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  That's cute billysoft.  It is as if you are not watching anything the jitterbug is doing this year besides the replays of the bad reads he has had in center and the times he has been caught stealing.  Too bad for you I guess.  Bells has been a pleasure to watch at the plate.  He is slapping singles left and right, and when he gets something he can work with, his 20 handicap swing is launching rockets.  If you ever got over your Bells-psychosis, you might just enjoy watching him.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Please give me a stat that shows that Ells is a bad player Please give me a stat that shows your hero or any Red Sox player can do more than scuff v. LHP.
    Posted by billbyboy

As if a lefty struggling against a lefty is out of the norm, even for good players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : As if a lefty struggling against a lefty is out of the norm, even for good players.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

My thought exactly.  There is a reason why many players are in platoon situations.  Look at every player's splits, and a majority will show a lower OPS vs. the same-handed pitcher.  This is the point, not the defense of claiming Ellsbury is a bad player.  How often is he getting on in the first inning lately?  Against lefties OR righties?  That is his job, and he is doing it well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : As if a lefty struggling against a lefty is out of the norm, even for good players.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Robbie Cano is hitting .340 against lefties.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Please give me a stat that shows that Ells is a bad player Please give me a stat that shows your hero or any Red Sox player can do more than scuff v. LHP.
    Posted by billbyboy

From a NESN.com article:

32:
    Number of left-handed starters the Red Sox have faced in 2011, the most in the majors. The Sox have put up a .656 winning percentage (21-11) in those games. Remember those preseason worries that the Sox lineup had too many lefties and would struggle against the dominant southpaws of the AL East?

Well, plenty of Sox players have exceeded their previous three-year totals against lefties this season: Dustin Pedroia (.284 batting average '08-'10; .394 this season), Ortiz (.218; .340) and Gonzalez (.258; .303).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Deserving Than Ellsbury, Mark II : Robbie Cano is hitting .340 against lefties.
    Posted by Camelwalk

which makes him wicked awesome.

Sections
Shortcuts