who is our new outfielder ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

who is our new outfielder ?

sox need a big bat from this spot to go along with big papi.there isnt much

power on this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: who is our new outfielder ?

Napoli would be that power bat in the lineup and now Sox have to extend a year on that previous offer to Napol thanks to Martin leaving the Yankees for the Bucsi.  I would say 3 yr + 4th yr as player option might work IMO.  And I really don't see Ben giving Ross 3 yrs after signing Gomes to 2 yrs.  I think it's either Ross taking 2 yr deal (perhaps 3rd yr team option) or Sox signing Swisher who will play both 1B and RF which gives more time to catch for Napoli/Ross and make Salty available for a trade since Salty's value is keep increasing due to the limited market.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Josh Hamilton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Cody Ross, and Napoli!!

Then fix starting pitchings!!!!

and they are done fo the winter meeting!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

How is Napoli the power bat?? We have gone from Manny ...AGon...to Napoli?? How far we have fallen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

These five OF's are the rumour talk as of late:

Josh Hamilton 32 yrs. old pending how long the contract will be 4 year contract yes

Shane Victorino is flying low under the sox radar

Mike Morse could be reasonable candidate for a trade since the Nats made a deal yesterday

Cody Ross will be a smart choice to resign

Nick Swisher a power switch hitter is always someone to have in the line up

December and January will be the months for signing FA's and trades

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

How is Napoli the power bat?? We have gone from Manny ...AGon...to Napoli?? How far we have fallen.

Manny Ramirez is arguably one of the top 5 or 10 right handed hitters in baseball history, so "replacing" him is next to impossible.  People scheduled beer runs and bathroom breaks around his at bats.  While Napoli is certainly not the pure hitter Agon is, if healthy, and with less wear and tear from catching much less, I'd be willing to bet he'd hit more home runs and have a comparable OBP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Manny Ramirez is arguably one of the top 5 or 10 right handed hitters in baseball history, so "replacing" him is next to impossible.  People scheduled beer runs and bathroom breaks around his at bats.  While Napoli is certainly not the pure hitter Agon is, if healthy, and with less wear and tear from catching much less, I'd be willing to bet he'd hit more home runs and have a comparable OBP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

You got that right !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

not sold on that in the least bit.......Ortiz/Napoli..really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure about a .400 OBP, but comparable HR, absolutely...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Please, not Swisher!

Yanks hid him in Little League RF. Terrible fielder. Imagine Gomes, and/or Ross with Swisher? Worst OF in MLB.

Does Ben know he can solve things by trading, instead of overprice, overaged free agents?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Hamilton-LF

Ells-CF

Move Bourn-RF

(WHOA)....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Yeah, a .400 OBP might be a stretch, but it was .414 in 2011 & even though he hit .227 last year, his OBP was still .343, which is pretty solid for an injury plagued down year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Yeah, a .400 OBP might be a stretch, but it was .414 in 2011 & even though he hit .227 last year, his OBP was still .343, which is pretty solid for an injury plagued down year.

I can see Naps with a respectable .350+ OBP and 25 HR. Maybe not a high AVG, but not as low as it was last year. More in the .260-70 range

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I understand the reservations about Hamilton playing in a big City environment and some injuries, but I think the Sox are crazy not to be going after him anyway. Even missing 30 games he will hit more homeruns and drive in more runs than any one else on the team. Waiting to see if the Market is soft for him dooms you to losing him, becuase then you are dealing with a guy who is dissatisfied....on the other hand showing strong interest now.....tellling him how you want him to be a leader on this team, allows you to negotiate with him openly.....give him the $ he wats for 3 years.....with reachable options for 2 more years, based upon sobriety and games played....osh seems to be pretty practical when it comes to his failings.....he will understand why teams cant go long term deals without being sure and he might be that way with the team that shows strong interest now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I understand the reservations about Hamilton playing in a big City environment and some injuries, but I think the Sox are crazy not to be going after him anyway. Even missing 30 games he will hit more homeruns and drive in more runs than any one else on the team. Waiting to see if the Market is soft for him dooms you to losing him, becuase then you are dealing with a guy who is dissatisfied....on the other hand showing strong interest now.....tellling him how you want him to be a leader on this team, allows you to negotiate with him openly.....give him the $ he wats for 3 years.....with reachable options for 2 more years, based upon sobriety and games played....osh seems to be pretty practical when it comes to his failings.....he will understand why teams cant go long term deals without being sure and he might be that way with the team that shows strong interest now.

I think he might want more than 3 guarenteed years. My guess is no less than 4 with maybe a couple options or vesting years...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Does anyone realize that Dallas-Fort Worth is almost 2 million people? A lot bigger than Boston. So, where is this Boston= big city, Dallas FW= small town, come from?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:

Does anyone realize that Dallas-Fort Worth is almost 2 million people? A lot bigger than Boston. So, where is this Boston= big city, Dallas FW= small town, come from?????

I think it has more to do with the shark tank commonly referred to as the boston media than the size of the city.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

You got that right !

Don't forget. The Sox have Middlebrooks coming back. He was on a 30-HR pace when he got hurt. I'm not saying he would have hit 30 last year, but he certainly has shown he's a middle-of-the-order bat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

+1

Sections
Shortcuts