Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty?

Unreal. Another miscommunication by the idiot you want to keep as Manager. Fire BV, enough is enough. Get the facts straight, coach. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty?

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty?:
    Unreal. Another miscommunication by the idiot you want to keep as Manager. Fire BV, enough is enough. Get the facts straight, coach. 
    Posted by dannycater

Was this Bobby V. MO in other stops. I know he came with an outspoken personality, but this keeps happening, last week it was he said she said with the medical staff. Middlebrooks, Youk, Aviles, the list goes on, says one thing one day, and another the next day?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media t...

The mad-cap adventures of BV. Is it truth or is it memorex?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media t...

BV's misinfo is indicative of him no longer coping; and who can blame him? Sadly, that means he needs to go, but who can handle this oppressive job ? I don't even think Torre 15 yrs ago could. Maybe the loser of the presidential race.

To quote Hedley Lamarr "But where can I find such a man? Why am I asking you?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

How dysfunctional is this team, it's comical. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

What's the majority opinion on the "trade Jacoby" debate? Because I'm for trading him. He's great when he plays but he's injury prone. Besides that he's going to be very difficult to sign. He's Boras guy so he's not going to take a discount. He'll want Carl Crawford money. They can't really say "we can't give you that type of money" when they gave it to Crawford. He's going to leave, just trade him.

And does Bobby V just lie for the sake of lying? I don't understand the point of lying about these things the way he does.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Jacoby is just hurting his bargaining strength if he continues missing games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BV is so phony, he makes the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills really real.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!:
    How dysfunctional is this team, it's comical. 
    Posted by stan17

To top that, they gave me the wrong change when a bought a clam roll at the concession last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!:
    In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue! : To top that, they gave me the wrong change when a bought a clam roll at the concession last night.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

Thats pretty funny!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This is a weekly event with BV.  As soon as the RS found out that he didn't know who was pitching for MN a few months ago, he should've been gone.  As soon as the lineup was posted, I questioned it.  He gets paid millions to know the lineups a week ahead of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

This is a weekly event with BV.  As soon as the RS found out that he didn't know who was pitching for MN a few months ago, he should've been gone.  As soon as the lineup was posted, I questioned it.  He gets paid millions to know the lineups a week ahead of time.
    Posted by Joebreidey

If he doesn't know what the problem is with his players, than that means either 1) he doesn't care enough to ask them or talk to them, or 2) they are lying to him to make him look foolish.  Either way, it appears there is a disconnect between him and his players.

On a side note, and I didn't want to start another thread just for this, what happened to the deal that Crawford could only play 4 days in a row?  Today is the 7th straight day.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is playing.  Heck, yesterday was his best game of the season, and today he starts with a double.  But that was a big fiasco a couple of weeks ago, and now it is okay?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Why do the Red Sox keep that ladder up on the leftfield wall? An unexpected bounce off of that could lose a game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue! : If he doesn't know what the problem is with his players, than that means either 1) he doesn't care enough to ask them or talk to them, or 2) they are lying to him to make him look foolish.  Either way, it appears there is a disconnect between him and his players. On a side note, and I didn't want to start another thread just for this, what happened to the deal that Crawford could only play 4 days in a row?  Today is the 7th straight day.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is playing.  Heck, yesterday was his best game of the season, and today he starts with a double.  But that was a big fiasco a couple of weeks ago, and now it is okay?
    Posted by fizsh

It's something new everyday.  Why even have press conferences?  This started in ST when BV was complaining to the press about Bard not throwing enough changeups.  And I'm thinking, why is he telling the press this rather than Bard?  In the same week as that, Valentine is also disclosing the Middlebrooks issue, and again, I'm wondering why the heck is he telling the press that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

joe, because we were so used to Tito never volunteering anything...:-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Why was this hard to understand?  Salty eats with his ear, the big one.  Which became infected and spiked a fever.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Fever is a sign of infection and the leg vs groin is not big deal either. I am not a Bobby V fan, but this is just nit picking...they are both telling the truth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!":
    This is a weekly event with BV.  As soon as the RS found out that he didn't know who was pitching for MN a few months ago, he should've been gone.  As soon as the lineup was posted, I questioned it.  He gets paid millions to know the lineups a week ahead of time. Posted by Joebreidey
    You're starting to sound like the other whiners on this forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Why do the Red Sox keep that ladder up on the leftfield wall? An unexpected bounce off of that could lose a game.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

It can win one, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to "Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!": You're starting to sound like the other whiners on this forum.
    Posted by Alibiike

Having Aviles bunt against Blackburn was as bad a move as I have ever seen a manager make.  But you can always have a difference of opinion, and there is always a minute chance that BV thought he saw something.

Not knowing who is pitching against you is 100% inexcusable.  I'm serious.  I can't even think of a real life example of what to compare that to.  There are 2400 games played each year.  I've been folloowing BB for 40 years+.  That's about 100,000 where I might have heard of a mistake like that.  

The only time I have ever heard something like was Maury Wills sending up a lefty to PH for a righty against a lefty.  After going 0-2, the batter walked back to the dugout and told Wills 'you are aware that the pitcher is a lefty, right?' to which Maury responded 'if you were a team player, you'd have told me that earlier'.

Wills was fired 24 games into the season.

Sections
Shortcuts