Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media t...

Not a fan of BV and one thing I did hear before the season on MLB from Kruk was that it seems what Kruk said is exactly what is happening in Boston right now.Alienation of players, contradictions in stories, etc....

Kruk at the time seemed to not like BV too much. Just my take on what I thought I heard

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media t...

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue! : If he doesn't know what the problem is with his players, than that means either 1) he doesn't care enough to ask them or talk to them, or 2) they are lying to him to make him look foolish.  Either way, it appears there is a disconnect between him and his players. On a side note, and I didn't want to start another thread just for this, what happened to the deal that Crawford could only play 4 days in a row?  Today is the 7th straight day.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is playing.  Heck, yesterday was his best game of the season, and today he starts with a double.  But that was a big fiasco a couple of weeks ago, and now it is okay?
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

I'm not excusing the Craford comment but it may have been a way for Crawford to save face when BV was planning to sit him against LH. It all changes if Crawford hits.

BV is a Machiavellian by nature or at least he appears to be to me. I do discount the Ellsbury statement some as the groin issue is something close to a leg issue but BV may well have just wanted to give Ellsbury a short break to get him back in gear also. The same sort of thing happened some with tito but Tito had his guys backs more, and he communicated better with his players. They all got the PR straight. Tito also inspired more loyalty...etc. Took the pressure off generally. BV is not a good fit with this team. I thought at first that he might be a good short term fix but this team is not responding well to the pressure cooker that is Boston in the post Tito era.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not understand how Valentine can be so misinformed of his own ballclub. 

Is Valentine more fluent in Japanese?  It seems like English is Valentine's second language.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BV seems to communicate very well with two players--Dice K and Tazawa.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: Who is telling the truth-Bobby V or Salty? Seriously, why is Bobby V giving the media misinformation?He tells the media that Ellsbury has a leg issue and a team source say it's a minor groin issue!:
    [QUOTE]BV seems to communicate very well with two players--Dice K and Tazawa.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

It seems like Bobby has a pound of Wasabi up his "where the sun does not shine". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I do not understand how Valentine can be so misinformed of his own ballclub.  Is Valentine more fluent in Japanese?  It seems like English is Valentine's second language.   
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

It's a minor complaint.  I don't care about who is on the field.  If a guy can't go, he can't go.  If BV wants to give a guy a day off, so be it.

But there really isn't much reason that every single interview gives conflicting reports.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts