Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

Gonzalez,  Ellsbury,  Pedroia or Bautista? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

Edith, I'm going with quicksand man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Very hard

Stats wise it is Bautista... but he plays for a loser and the next 3 guys in the race, Dusty, AGon and Pedey all are not too far behind him w/ impressive seasons.

Of course they all play for the same team, therefore help each other in the order to get such stats AND take votes away from the other, despite being on a 1st place team.

Tex and Granderson and the two Cabrera's are somewhere in the 5-8 range.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Gonzalez, Ellsbury, Pedroia or Bautista?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gotta go with Kemp because I keep reading about him from this guy softylaw. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Ells is the clear choice, because he alone possesses the Reverse Pivot of Awesomeness.  'Nuf said.

Ok, it's really Gonzo, but there is still some ball to be played and some decisions to be made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ellsbury, before his recent tanking, was not in the top 5 in league OPS. Only Boston beat and fan drones are soaking their shorts about Ellsbury as a legitimate MVP contender. He is not in the picture at all. 4th on his own team and way behind a much more gifted Granderson. Granderson with 29th homer and near 100 RBI's.

Granderson, AGon and Pedroia are in a separate class. Red Sox are likely winners of the division. If so, AGon is responsible for not only his own terrific season but has also provided a huge tail wind for those in front of him to get a lot of fat fastballs.

If Red Sox win AL East, it's AGon or pink hats are voting.

If Yankees pull the upset for AL East, it's Granderson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Tough call.  The injury hurts Bautista's chances but Gonzalez has been very quiet of late.  Here's how I see it (in order)

Gonzalez (barely)
    Bautista
    Konerko
    Granderson
    Ellsbury
    Pedroia

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

hate to say it, hate the yankees, but beyond a doubt it's granderson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?:
    [QUOTE]hate to say it, hate the yankees, but beyond a doubt it's granderson.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?  He's having a great year don't get me wrong but Gonzalez has a batting average almost 80 points higher and more RBI... How do you not give it to Gonzalez?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Tough call.  The injury hurts Bautista's chances but Gonzalez has been very quiet of late.  Here's how I see it (in order) Gonzalez (barely) Bautista Konerko Granderson Ellsbury Pedroia
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I agree with your choices.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bautista wins it this year.
    In Sports Illustrated I read an article that the 1st half winner was Gonzalez, and Bautista was 2nd.  Agree that Gonzalez isn't as good as he has been the 1st half of the season.  I really hope that no one on the Red Sox participates in the home run derby next year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think this shows how split the vote will be ... mine would go to the Destroya.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It started with Agon
    Then went to Pedey
    Hey Ellesbury is hot
    Wait, flavor of the day: Papi
    Soon comming: Beckett

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

As great a season Bautista is having the MVP really should come from a contending team.  At this point it seems to be between Adrian Gonzalez, Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia from the sox and Curtis Granderson from the Yankees.  Granderson might just steal it if for no other reason the 3 sox players dilute the voting process something that is maybe not fair but a distinct possibility.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The phrase "Most Valuable Player" is what causes some of the controversy.  Hard to quantify . Gives the idea that the MVP must come from the winning teams.  If the award was for " The Best Player " or " Player of the Year " , it would simplify things. In that case, Bautista might be the best choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

[QUOTE]hate to say it, hate the yankees, but beyond a doubt it's granderson.

MVPs dont get picked off first base with 2 outs in the 9th to end the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softybabe. Show softybabe's posts

typical red flops fans...thinking the MVP will come from one of their vitamin enhanced players.  Bautista or Granderson will get the award before Gonzalez or Pedrioa do. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : MVPs dont get picked off first base with 2 outs in the 9th to end the game.
    Posted by saintJ[/QUOTE]

also, they don't strike out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded and your team down by 1 run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]yeah because we evaluate a MVP candidate based soley off of 1 play or one pitch, because that is smart.  How many MVP candidates never struck out once? or never had one error? 
    Posted by softybabe[/QUOTE]

actually, because you missed the whole meaning of the post, i was trying to be as ridiculous in my response as he was in his granderson comment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

[QUOTE]yeah because we evaluate a MVP candidate based soley off of 1 play or one pitch.

We dont?  Thats exactly what you have dont when it comes to Ellsbury, except you used it to predict his entire career, not just an MVP season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : also, they don't strike out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded and your team down by 1 run.

Ummm, striking out isnt a bone head move, it happens 100 times across the league per night.  Getting caught leaning the wrong way with a power hitter up is, when your not worried about the double play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]typical red flops fans...thinking the MVP will come from one of their vitamin enhanced players.  Bautista or Granderson will get the award before Gonzalez or Pedrioa do. 

Hey Rodeo Clown I'm a sox fan and I said Granderson will probably win because the three sox frontrunners will split the vote!  Read much!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If not one of the Sox, Granderson is the MVP of that other team...

Sections
Shortcuts