Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?:
    Cano is getting ready to make his run for the MVP title.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Absolutely because on this forum Dustin Pedroia is a viable candidate and Robinson Cano (aka the best 2nd baseman in the game) has better #'s than Pedroia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

AGon for now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

right now, it's granderson and it isn't even close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

AGon for now.
    Posted by nhsteven

I'd still agree but his numbers are becoming less and less impressive.  I mean yeah .348 is impressive don't get me wrong but 18 and 92?  I think this guy must hit a lot of singles. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I guess you guys who laugh at the ball carrying out in Yankee stadium don't watch the games much?  Or, does CC really stink that bad, giving up those bombs to right?

You can't have it both ways.   Your own YES announcers were going on about the ball carrying out big time when CC gave up the 5 HRS.   Argue with them, call YES up and tell them they are FOS.   You probably don't even watch the games.  I get YES for free.  Lucky me.   But you can't have it both ways.  Either CC stunk because he got hammered, or the ball carries out and many of those HRs would just be pop outs.  Take your pick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I guess you guys who laugh at the ball carrying out in Yankee stadium don't watch the games much?  Or, does CC really stink that bad, giving up those bombs to right? You can't have it both ways.   Your own YES announcers were going on about the ball carrying out big time when CC gave up the 5 HRS .   Argue with them, call YES up and tell them they are FOS.   You probably don't even watch the games.  I get YES for free.  Lucky me.   But you can't have it both ways.  Either CC stunk because he got hammered, or the ball carries out and many of those HRs would just be pop outs.  Take your pick. 
    Posted by soxmeister

right back at you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

There are a lot of posts in this thread discussing RBIs, HRs, etc.   There is more to what contstitutes an MVP than just flashy numbers in these categories.  This is not the Silver Slugger Award we're talking about here.  There are other things to look at offensively, not to mention the ever important defense.   IMO, intangibles also must factor into the MVP decision.

As of now, Pedroia still heads my list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

There are a lot of posts in this thread discussing RBIs, HRs, etc.   There is more to what contstitutes an MVP than just flashy numbers in these categories.  This is not the Silver Slugger Award we're talking about here.  There are other things to look at offensively, not to mention the ever important defense.   IMO, intangibles also must factor into the MVP decision. As of now, Pedroia still heads my list.

Posted by RedSoxKimmi

And Granderson has the intangibles....listen to his teamates speak about him. They say he brings a ton of enthusiasm and positive energy to the clubhouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm fine with Granderson winning it.  I just wish Crawford would study those adjustments Granderson made in his stance. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : And Granderson has the intangibles....listen to his teamates speak about him. They say he brings a ton of enthusiasm and positive energy to the clubhouse.
    Posted by )-)TheBabe(-(

Granderson is certainly a worthy candidate and I have no doubt about those intangibles that you speak of.  The only strike against him right now is his defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I'm fine with Granderson winning it.  I just wish Crawford would study those adjustments Granderson made in his stance. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Isn't that the truth Bob?  I was and still am on board with the Crawford signing, but he looks really bad at the plate right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : Granderson is certainly a worthy candidate and I have no doubt about those intangibles that you speak of.  The only strike against him right now is his defense.

Posted by RedSoxKimmi

I think his defense is better than UZR and some of those other stats give him credit for. I'm pretty sure most that watch him on a consistent basis would agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It must be tough to watch both YES and NESN for all 162 games and be an expert on the defense of both Granderson and Ellsbury. On top of that you keep trolling on your laptop. Now that is multi-tasking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

It must be tough to watch both YES and NESN for all 162 games and be an expert on the defense of both Granderson and Ellsbury. On top of that you keep trolling on your laptop. Now that is multi-tasking.

Posted by PawsoxPhil

And it must be tough for you to not watch any baseball and be an "expert" on trolls and spend 20 hrs a day being an anti-troll troll.

I've asked you countless times, why come to a baseball site to not talk baseball? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : And it must be tough for you to not watch any baseball and be an "expert" on trolls and spend 20 hrs a day being an anti-troll troll. I've asked you countless times, why come to a baseball site to not talk baseball? 
    Posted by )-)TheBabe(-(

I did but my defense of Drew and Jake got boring to the army of Drew and Jake bashers who outnumbered me and felt the need to repeat the anti-Drew and Jake chants ten times daily / 365 days per year for three years. After awhile it  seemed futile. If only the forum would discuss something different than Drew, Jake, Tito, and Theo. But I digress. Any parrot can squawk incessantly "Fire Theo, Fire Theo" all day long. Is that discussing baseball - really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : I did but my defense of Drew and Jake got boring to the army of Drew and Jake bashers who outnumbered me and felt the need to repeat the anti-Drew and Jake chants ten times daily / 365 days per year for three years. After awhile it  seemed futile. If only the forum would discuss something different than Drew, Jake, Tito, and Theo. But I digress. Any parrot can squawk incessantly "Fire Theo, Fire Theo" all day long. Is that discussing baseball - really?

Posted by PawsoxPhil

Well, your "troll police" act is pretty futile and any parrot can squawk incessantly "Here's a troll, there's a troll" all day long. That certainly isn't discussing baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now I think it has to be Granderson, who leads the AL in both rbi's and runs scored.  Last guy to do that was ARod in an MVP year (2007?). 

I think it will still be Granderson come the end of September.  Not the world's greatest centerfielder, but who cares?  

A month ago I would have said AGon, but I'm fickle. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The parrot got 90% of the forum to place you onto ignore and force you to change monikers along with your morning coffee.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

i would say ellsbury.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

The parrot got 90% of the forum to place you onto ignore and force you to change monikers along with your morning coffee.

Posted by PawsoxPhil

No...that's all in your little mind. You don't get people to do anything, you are completely clueless pike.

Not to mention you constantly bring up my changing monikers, but at least mine are a variation of the same moniker.

Unlike you pike/kimsaysthis/yourecho/pawsoxphil and who knows how many more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Grandiman or Ellsbury...

Cano is a dark horse, he fought off 12 pitches then hit HR last night...

Dustin could be in the mix with Agon...

Bautista had another big night last night...gaudy numbers but losing team...

It will be close...

It will be determined in mid-late Sept...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Babe, design several OPs with these survey questions.

Who is the #1 troll at BDC?

Who deserves to be banned most often?

Who has the most problems understanding, comprehending, being logical?

Which poster has an act designed to annoy others?

WE AND YOU ALREADY KNOW THE RESULTS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Right now I think it has to be Granderson, who leads the AL in both rbi's and runs scored.  Last guy to do that was ARod in an MVP year (2007?).  I think it will still be Granderson come the end of September.  Not the world's greatest centerfielder, but who cares?   A month ago I would have said AGon, but I'm fickle. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Gonzo 1st in BA, 1st in hits, 1st in Total bases, 2nd in RBIs, gold glover.  What makes you think Granderson's stats are so special?  It is like you would have given it to Adam Dunn when he was hitting 40 HRs a year.  Makes no sense to me.

And BTW, Granderson is not #1 on any list out there I could find.  Gonzo is either #1 or #2 with Bautista.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : Gonzo 1st in BA, 1st in hits, 1st in Total bases, 2nd in RBIs, gold glover.  What makes you think Granderson's stats are so special?  It is like you would have given it to Adam Dunn when he was hitting 40 HRs a year.  Makes no sense to me. And BTW, Granderson is not #1 on any list out there I could find.  Gonzo is either #1 or #2 with Bautista.  

Posted by soxmeister

It's not just about Granderson's HR's. He's generated more runs than anyone else. That is what is important, not how many hits you get.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

If you add up all of the opinions over at Riveraveblues and those here, it comes out as a tie between Granderson and Ellsbury. One will need to go to the Pittsburgh forum for the tie-breaker.

Sections
Shortcuts