Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?

Ells has a case  - clutch hitting, especially in walk-off situations.
    Gonzalez has a case - RBI and overall average.
    Granderson had a case - until last night.
    Bautista had a case - until the home run derby concluded - he has tanked since then.
    Pedroia - for overall average and intangibles aka the heart and soul of the club.

So far?  Gonzalez. It's about being MVP for the whole season, not just a few games, or walk-offs, or baserunning mistakes.

But the topic is certainly - verrry interesssting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year?:
    Ellsbury, before his recent tanking, was not in the top 5 in league OPS. Only Boston beat and fan drones are soaking their shorts about Ellsbury as a legitimate MVP contender. He is not in the picture at all. 4th on his own team and way behind a much more gifted Granderson. Granderson with 29th homer and near 100 RBI's. Granderson, AGon and Pedroia are in a separate class. Red Sox are likely winners of the division. If so, AGon is responsible for not only his own terrific season but has also provided a huge tail wind for those in front of him to get a lot of fat fastballs.   If Red Sox win AL East, it's AGon or pink hats are voting. If Yankees pull the upset for AL East, it's Granderson.
    Posted by softylaw

What a moron you are!  What is the "recent tanking"?  In the last six games AFTER the walkoffs, Ellsbury has gone 2-3, 1-3, 2-4, 0-4, 2-5, and 0-5.  I am sure there are plenty of hitters you like that take oh 4's.  That is 7 for his last 24 which is lower than his season average but not quite a "tanking".  Only you could watch two recent walkoffs by the guy and a big HR vs. the Yanks on national tv and come to the conclusion that he is tanking.  Now if you mean the one game small sample of last night, yeah he's tanking...idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Ellsbury, before his recent tanking, was not in the top 5 in league OPS. Only Boston beat and fan drones are soaking their shorts about Ellsbury as a legitimate MVP contender. He is not in the picture at all. 4th on his own team and way behind a much more gifted Granderson. Granderson with 29th homer and near 100 RBI's. Granderson, AGon and Pedroia are in a separate class. Red Sox are likely winners of the division. If so, AGon is responsible for not only his own terrific season but has also provided a huge tail wind for those in front of him to get a lot of fat fastballs.   If Red Sox win AL East, it's AGon or pink hats are voting. If Yankees pull the upset for AL East, it's Granderson.
    Posted by softylaw

Softy, I know you love him so...Kemp's last 6 games are:

0-3, 1-4, 1-4, 1-4, 2-5 and 0-4 for a batting average of .208.  Is he tanking, too?  Spin away!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : Hey Rodeo Clown I'm a sox fan and I said Granderson will probably win because the three sox frontrunners will split the vote!  Read much!
    Posted by william93063

softybabe----i wonder if that was a nickname one of his ex-girlfriends/boyfriends gave him.
    same for softylaw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the AL MVP So Far This Year? : Softy, I know you love him so...Kemp's last 6 games are: 0-3, 1-4, 1-4, 1-4, 2-5 and 0-4 for a batting average of .208.  Is he tanking, too?  Spin away!
    Posted by jimdavis

Wow, listen to the crickets ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My vote is for the Rogers Centre "Man in White"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My pick right now is AGon, but I entirely agree that the Yankees and others have very good candidates.  I would vote for Pedroia before Ellsbury. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Now if you mean the one game small sample of last night, yeah he's tanking...idiot.

No, I mean the 2 for 14 and lousy defense over the last 3 games. Is that a one game sample?

Ellsbury isn't even considered a "leading candidate" by the national baseball media or fans. A complete silly campaign from Boston media and most Boston fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Now if you mean the one game small sample of last night, yeah he's tanking...idiot.

No, I mean the 2 for 14 and lousy defense over the last 3 games. Is that a one game sample?

Ellsbury isn't even considered a "leading candidate" by the national baseball media or fans. A complete silly campaign from Boston media and most Boston fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Ells has a case  - clutch hitting, especially in walk-off situations. Gonzalez has a case - RBI and overall average. Granderson had a case - until last night. Bautista had a case - until the home run derby concluded - he has tanked since then. Pedroia - for overall average and intangibles aka the heart and soul of the club. So far?  Gonzalez. It's about being MVP for the whole season, not just a few games, or walk-offs, or baserunning mistakes. But the topic is certainly - verrry interesssting.
    Posted by summerof67

But schtu-pid.  Art Carney!  What a blast from the past.  Thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

What about someone like Michael Young?  He was key in keeping the Rangers afloat when Hamilton was out with his broken arm.

Stats aren't as stupendous, but he is a big part of another 1st place team being where it is today.

.333 AVG, 77 RBI, .862 OPS, stepping in to play 3B now that Beltre is out.  He is very valuable to his team.  Great play all year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I will throw two other names in the ring, Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera.  I agree it will be an interesting vote this year.  A lot of good candidates.  Still, my top 3 would be Gonzalez, Cabrera and Pedroia right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I hate to say it, but I think I go with Granderson.  Pedroia and Gonzalez are having better seasons, but I don't know where the Yankees would be without Granderson, and that's really what the MVP is supposed to boil down to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

typical red flops fans...thinking the MVP will come from one of their vitamin enhanced players.  Bautista or Granderson will get the award before Gonzalez or Pedrioa do. 
    Posted by softybabe

go back to your site!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Now if you mean the one game small sample of last night, yeah he's tanking...idiot. No, I mean the 2 for 14 and lousy defense over the last 3 games. Is that a one game sample? Ellsbury isn't even considered a "leading candidate" by the national baseball media or fans. A complete silly campaign from Boston media and most Boston fans.
    Posted by softylaw

First of all, we heard you the first time.  Second, a three game sample is huge, I guess.  I wonder if any great hitter has ever gone 2 for 14.  You make no point at all.  What is the lousy defense?  Not catching a ball YOU think he should?  You are a hater and in no way objective.  He could go 4 for 4 for 3 games in a row and you would find something negative about that.  You are a liar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Now if you mean the one game small sample of last night, yeah he's tanking...idiot. No, I mean the 2 for 14 and lousy defense over the last 3 games. Is that a one game sample? Ellsbury isn't even considered a "leading candidate" by the national baseball media or fans. A complete silly campaign from Boston media and most Boston fans.
    Posted by softylaw

These people "national" enough for you?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2011/08/06/2011-08-06_jacoby_ellsbury_of_red_sox_is_legit_2011_al_mvp_candidate_following_torrid_stret.html

http://www.baseballdigest.com/2011/08/10/al-east-jacoby-ellsbury-develops-into-red-sox-mvp/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

You are a liar.

No angry Jim, you are a feeble minded drone.

3 for 19, 4 game sample. Jim, let's take the lows with the highs and not get too excited.

Dobler, two links isn't the national media or baseball fans. One of your links claims Ellsbury is Red Sox MVP. I'll put you down as swallowing that. AGon certainly isn't, Pedroia certainy isn't, Ortiz certainly isn't. Who needs numbers, use the wet shorts test.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Right now I say it's Crawford. He had 2 walk-off hits earlier in the season and as of today the Sox only lead by 1.5 games.

But in all seriousness AGONE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterbase. Show betterbase's posts

I think Granderson will earn the award eventually. Adrian's production rate is slowing down lately.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You are a liar. No angry Jim, you are a feeble minded drone. 3 for 19, 4 game sample. Jim, let's take the lows with the highs and not get too excited. Dobler, two links isn't the national media or baseball fans. One of your links claims Ellsbury is Red Sox MVP. I'll put you down as swallowing that. AGon certainly isn't, Pedroia certainy isn't, Ortiz certainly isn't. Who needs numbers, use the wet shorts test.
    Posted by softylaw

Well, one writer was from the New York Daily news, the other from Baseball Digest. I'd consider them national.

For the record, my MVP vote would go to Pedroia. But I don't think it's ridiculous to say Ellsbury is having an MVP-caliber season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Right now I say it's Crawford. He had 2 walk-off hits earlier in the season and as of today the Sox only lead by 1.5 games. But in all seriousness AGONE.
    Posted by emp9

in the case of crawford, MVP would stand for MOST VANISHING PLAYER.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I thought Most Vanishing Player was JD Drew...didn't he vanish from the team's RF plans?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

I thought Most Vanishing Player was JD Drew...didn't he vanish from the team's RF plans?
    Posted by dannycater

actually, nothing's vanishing faster than john henry's money everytime the moron, theo, signs disgusting free agents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Hard to deny Granderson is a top two or three candidate and trending upward. You have to love A-Gon, but he's no longer a Triple Crown threat (if he ever was). In fact, the field has completely passed him by in HR's which is pretty surprising. He's also been caught in RBIs where he once had a clear lead. Granderson's leading the majors in runs and 30 ahead of him and everyone else. And he has 22 SBs to go with great defense. Gonzalez blows away the field in BA, has a great glove, and will drive in 130, but tough to deny the more well-rounded Bautista, Granderson, Ellsbury, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts